Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Coupon For Free Product and Shipping

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-15-2011, 05:17 AM

X-Adept

Default Coupon For Free Product and Shipping

I have a situation where a customer is given a coupon for a free product. I am using On Sale by Altered Cart. I can set the coupon up for the product no problem. What I am running into is I cannot get it to give free shipping on the product without effecting our regular sales. The product is $7.15 and for that product the shipping figures out at $1.00. I have tried a discount of $8.15 but of course it will not go to a negative number. Also when I tried it this way there is an error with PayPal Express that the cart total does not match the billing total. Can anyone shed any light on how to accomplish this?

I have also thought about making a product that is password accessable and make that product free shipping but I cannot figure out how to make a product password protected.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Coupon For Free Product and Shipping

I have pondered this question. It seems like you have multiple ways to achieve this. I see options to allow free shipping coupons, so the codebase is there. You would need to code something into dicount_coupons.php that looked for a specific coupon code and if found enabled free shipping. The problem I see with this method is that it enables free shipping on the entire order.

So you need to have it update the array of the product to change that products free shipping status to yes. I've got more thoughts but I've got to run....
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4