Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

T-Hub & Windows SQL Server Issues

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 PM

Default T-Hub & Windows SQL Server Issues

I had to do a partition restore where T-Hub is installed. T-hub does not like a partition restore (I use Acronis). I think it is an SQL server issue in Windows (XP).

Any experts out there on SQL? T-Hub connects to it's database, but I cannot login with the default login. I suspect some permission issue in the SQL server service or something like that.

I don't think there is a T-Hub forum and I have to pay a few hundred for support and my site is just not creating enough volume to justify it yet. I already checked everything (minimal) documentation provided by Atandra.

Here is the log:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Date and Time : 1/29/2011 11:09:46 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------
Version:10.328/10.190
User ID: 1
Email: admin@admin.com
Message Type: INFO
at loginToolStripMenuItem_Click at offset 210 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 AM

Default Re: T-Hub & Windows SQL Server Issues

I solved my problem, will post for the benefit of others. Uninstalled and reinstalled the windows sql server, then reinstalled T-hub and restored saved T-hub database. (It takes about 30 minutes on my computer).

Restoring a backup of T-Hub is not a cut and dried matter. In my experience there will usually be SQL server issue, so restoring it's partition with imaging software may not always "bring you back".

The real key here for other users is in T-Hub settings to enable an auto backup of the database at program closing. Set the directory for the backup to a location least likely to be over written by a image restore. I use C: for Windows, D: for programs, E: for data. Backup all partitions (in fact the data drive can just have it's files backed up, partition not necessary), restore partitions that have an issue, thereby not overwriting your saved T-hub database backup.

Technically you loose some disk performance with every new partition that is installed in Windows, but splitting out the drives as above allows much more backup flexibility. And do not forget to set all of your program paths to save their date on E:, not in the defaults like in Windows Documents and Settings. I have done this for many years and it has served me very well.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 PM

X-Guru

Moving to "Third Party Add-Ons" forum.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 AM

I was hoping Atandra would chime in on this basic topic since they watch these forums. Paid support is fine, but I would prefer that basic items such as this would be provided by a software vendor.

Since I have been greatly assisted by this forum myself, I would like to give my step by step resolutions in detail. There may be an expedited method from Atandra, but this worked for me and got me back to processing orders pronto.

Required:
1. Good backup directory of T-Hub installation.
2. Backup up of T-Hub database file. There is should be an auto generated one, depending on your setup.
3. Valid serial and internet connection
4. Helpful is the T-hub install instructions as a supplement.

Copy your old directory to the new/restored drive. Probably best to use the default location, C:/Atandra/ for this program.

Uninstall T-Hub and Sql Server database in Add Remove Programs, if installed on drive.

Reinstall T-Hub and run program, it will reinstall the SQL server database. It will warn you that there is already a database in your restored directory. Delete it and proceed with installation of new sql database.

Note that without an internet connection T-Hub will not recognize your serial number as valid when you are installing.

Login to program, import your database backup file.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster
I was hoping Atandra would chime in on this basic topic since they watch these forums. Paid support is fine, but I would prefer that basic items such as this would be provided by a software vendor.

Since I have been greatly assisted by this forum myself, I would like to give my step by step resolutions in detail. There may be an expedited method from Atandra, but this worked for me and got me back to processing orders pronto.

Required:
1. Good backup directory of T-Hub installation.
2. Backup up of T-Hub database file. There is should be an auto generated one, depending on your setup.
3. Valid serial and internet connection
4. Helpful is the T-hub install instructions as a supplement.

Copy your old directory to the new/restored drive. Probably best to use the default location, C:/Atandra/ for this program.

Uninstall T-Hub and Sql Server database in Add Remove Programs, if installed on drive.

Reinstall T-Hub and run program, it will reinstall the SQL server database. It will warn you that there is already a database in your restored directory. Delete it and proceed with installation of new sql database.

Note that without an internet connection T-Hub will not recognize your serial number as valid when you are installing.

Login to program, import your database backup file.

Thank you very much for posting your steps.
These are the basic steps
Install THUB application and database from the installer in the user guide.
After full installation, restore the database backup file.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 PM

I am having an issue with the database restore after moving the installation. My orders come up, but the web store information is gone. I have tried many re-installs without success and following Atandra directions closely. Could you folks at Atandra address what can go wrong when your reinstall instructions fail? Also after restoring a database the login will often fail.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster
I am having an issue with the database restore after moving the installation. My orders come up, but the web store information is gone. I have tried many re-installs without success and following Atandra directions closely. Could you folks at Atandra address what can go wrong when your reinstall instructions fail? Also after restoring a database the login will often fail.

Please call in to atandra or email with your version information so we can help
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4