Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

NEW xMenus - The Ultimate Menu Manager for X-Cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: NEW xMenus - The Ultimate Menu Manager for X-Cart

Recently installed this mod and I have to say its fantastic. So easy to layout your menus the way you like without the need to duplicate categories or products.

Will and the team have done another great job with this one as with all of their mods. If only some of the other mod vendors would produce such high quality offerings and great support.
CDSEO
Linux

The following user thanks Jobananas for this useful post:
totaltec (09-06-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM

eXpert

Wow thanks Jobananas,

People will think we paid you to say that
Thanks for the great comments and feedback - it means so much to us
- knowing we are doing the right thing by our customers and producing great products.

If you like xMenus, you shoudl see what we 'e done with xMobile - Smartphone tempalte for x-cart.

Thanks again.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 AM

eXpert

quick question for you Will. I see you have a trial for this to play with it. How long is that trial for?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 AM

eXpert

Hi KCAutosound,

That's right, we offer a 15 day trial with all our x-cart modules.
Unfortunately, we can not offer trials on our template - but you can see them in action over on our demo site: demo.thexcartstore.com
Let me know if there is anything else.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 09-14-2012, 02:51 AM

X-Adept

Hi Will. Did you see my tweet about xmobile templates?
Dedicated SSL

Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 AM

X-Man

All my respects for developers who offer trials. If you like a software after testing it, especially one dedicated like an XC module, paying it you will be able to have an open relationship with the developer, asking him many things, solving issues. From my perspective 90% of the developers afraid to offer trials because they think in this way their software will be broken, cloned and used without any payment. Maybe it is a good point of view, but who will did this? A potential customer who wants buying the best solution for him from a range of same products, or a group of interest in selling it with a less price? In my humble opinion the second one can join money and pay for it then break the code. This cannot be prevent. But the first one is affected, the one looking for a solution, the one who wants to pay and having access to bugs solved, updates, and many other facilities. So, even it could be a risk, trials are normal and I would like to see more and more developers offering such of things to grab new customers. Offering trials prove you can protect your code, find smart things, but remaining 100% close to customer needs. For the customer, he will install the code, test it, and if this one is the one he looks for I am pretty sure he will buy it. Comparing with other shopping carts, XC suffered over years because 3rd party developers did not make steps to understand and approach customer needs.

I will post in a thread my pros and cons about 3rd party developers. I will not talk especially about one named. Hope to improve the business relationship between developer and actual/potential customers. When there is criticism, things change in good.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
totaltec (09-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 AM

eXpert

Hi Addison,

Thanks for you comments and suggestions.
Yes, I think we have pretty much covered all our bases when it comes to showing customers how our products can work and be used on their stores
- either by providing the 15 day free trial or providing detailed demo's.

It's always a balancing act - trying to give as much information as possible but also protecting the product. I think we are doing a pretty good so far,
ensuring customers understand what they are getting before they place an order is the most important thing. Nobody likes surprises.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM

X-Man

Hi Will,

Thank you for your thoughts. Today a developer told me if I want to test one of his modules I have to pay before, even for testing on a localhost. OK, but what happens if I am not happy with it? Could I be refunded? Can I get my money back? Let's say 4 developers offer pretty close in shape a common feature. What shall I choose especially when the prices are close? Maybe the best way is buying all to decide. Except a limited number of developers including you who offer trials, I have to pay and test which one fits. Do you think this is a good approach for a customer? I don't think so. Companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, could make a fortune if they ask for money before downloading a trial. This policy for sure will make a gap with the customer.

Trials offer developers possibility to improve the code getting feedback from testers for free. I tested your Predictive Search and I will send you in private a few things I found. Why I am doing this? Because I liked your product and I want to help you to improve it. Maybe I am interested to buy it when its shape becomes the one I want. XC success depends on QT, 3rd party developers, users, this forum. We have to be aware of this.

Regards
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 AM

eXpert

Hi Addison,

Thanks again for the comments - yes, I agree 100%, offering a trial version is paramount to ensuring the customer understands fully what they are buying into and that there are no nasty surprises afterwards. It's all to do with building confidence and trust with customers - we're all for that

I will talk further with our team here and see if there is anything we can do to create trial versions of our template based products.

We're hoping to release 2-3 new products soon, maybe we can address this when its time to release these products. Thanks again for your honest comments - it's good to spark a debate on this.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM

Hi,

I want to add to the <a href> the "title="<page_name>"

How doI add this?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4