Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
For a week my personal suggestion is all start trying with Gold+. This version could be downloaded as trial, and in the next period will become a best seller mostly in upgrades because there are lots of new great features inside.

We have to do something with Bugtracker, closing and cleaning those issue threads and leave only confirmed and new issues. Concentrate on solving them. I understand that all QT efforts were on this release but you have a job to do with bugs, take the advantage most of us offer our volunteer actions to help you.

QT promised Address Book in a new version. I did not see it. So, please schedule it and add this feature in the next v4.5.4.

My advice is not starting or upgrading the stores now. Give a time around 1 - 2 weeks to work with Gold+ and see what is new and evaluate if it's being stable.

Fore sure I will upgrade one of my license to Gold+. It worths 200 bucks. Imagine that just paying for HotProducts and ProductNotification as separate modules costs 200 bucks.

We are currently working on bug fixes and Address Book improvement as we promised.

The following 2 users thank rocky for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-27-2012), qualiteam (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
It appears the bug reported here: https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39899 still exists in 4.5.3. I tested in the Demo with the Apparel category in both Light & Lucid 3-col and Ideal Comfort. When you add a featured product to a category, the Per Page selector (to select number of products appearing per page) disappears from the products table. Take away all featured products and the selector comes back.

I posted a solution in the Bugtracker entry linked to above. The issue is caused by confusion involving the variable, $total_items. I used the solution in my 4.5.2 store and it works.

We have informed our maintenance team regarding this issue, they will check it.

ADDISON (09-27-2012), qualiteam (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
If I am not mistaken, their blog post said something to the effect that 4.5.3 included no bug fixes.

If that is to be taken literally, and I can imagine that it is, then I would expect everything that was buggy in 4.5.2 to still be that way in 4.5.3

Please check the CHANGELOG file for the list of bugs fixed and improvements done:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=File:X-CART_CHANGELOG.txt

ADDISON (09-27-2012), totaltec (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
2) Go to Admin -> Module -> Social Login - activate it and check the settings. As you may see option "Enabled Social Sharing button on Product page" is not checked. But visiting product page you will [Share] button Facebook and Twitter icons and the text "and more". This should not be visible if the check box is not selected, but it is. If you click on Share button, Twitter and Facebook icons, and more, because all are link, nothing happening.

This issue affected the functionality considerably (each product page), so we decided to repack and re-upload the distributive. Feel free to use the new one.

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:36 AM

X-Man

The one when pressing Enter key after filling in email address for notification price drops, seeing how a product is added in cart is killing me. Hope you'll find a solution these days for it. Normally after giving the email address and pressing Enter key the script should allocate Enter key for the Submit button, not for Add to Cart button.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
rocky (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
I will answer this question if you don't mind. This feature is not implemented yet, however, we are intensively working on it.

Thank you Rocky! All I needed to know.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
So
New Gold replaces Current Gold
New Platinum replaces Current Pro
Gold+ is in between and will require an upgrade fee from Current Gold?

Yes, and what about when you already bought many of the now included modules in Gold+ such as mailchimp and social sign in, etc?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspin6711
Yes, and what about when you already bought many of the now included modules in Gold+ such as mailchimp and social sign in, etc?

My suggestion would be that this should be handled one of two ways:

1.) Anyone that has spent at least $200 on mods that are now included in gold, be given a complimentary upgrade to gold plus.

2.) Anyone that has purchased any of the mods that are now included in gold plus should receive a discount on an upgrade to gold plus. If the mod was purchased within the last 30 days, 100% of the purchase price applied towards the upgrade. If it was purchased greater than 30 days ago, 50% of current price of the mod, applied to the upgrade.

So lets say you bought Mailchimp two weeks ago. You would get $79 towards the upgrade price. If you also bought advanced customer reviews 3 months ago, you would get $99/2 ($49.50) towards the upgrade.

In this example, if these were the only two mods that you purchased, you would have to pay $71.50 for the upgrade, instead of $200.

Also, to clarify, I do not think you should be eligible for money back beyond the free upgrade. If you happened to spend $600 2 months ago on mods, the best you would get is a free upgrade.

Just my two cents.

4.5.2 Gold (work in progress)

The following 3 users thank Pyro for this useful post:
anandat (09-27-2012), jillsybte (09-27-2012), topspin6711 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 PM

X-Adept

Rocky,

I for one have spent quite a bit of money on the add-ons and I would like a free upgrade to the Gold Plus package.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
My suggestion would be that this should be handled one of two ways:

1.) Anyone that has spent at least $200 on mods that are now included in gold, be given a complimentary upgrade to gold plus.

2.) Anyone that has purchased any of the mods that are now included in gold plus should receive a discount on an upgrade to gold plus. If the mod was purchased within the last 30 days, 100% of the purchase price applied towards the upgrade. If it was purchased greater than 30 days ago, 50% of current price of the mod, applied to the upgrade.

So lets say you bought Mailchimp two weeks ago. You would get $79 towards the upgrade price. If you also bought advanced customer reviews 3 months ago, you would get $99/2 ($49.50) towards the upgrade.

In this example, if these were the only two mods that you purchased, you would have to pay $71.50 for the upgrade, instead of $200.

Also, to clarify, I do not think you should be eligible for money back beyond the free upgrade. If you happened to spend $600 2 months ago on mods, the best you would get is a free upgrade.

Just my two cents.

I think Pyro's suggestions sound quite reasonable and fair.

Also, multiple QT personnel in this thread have stated that anyone with an existing X-Cart Gold license on 9/25/2012 will get NFR licenses for Feature Comp and X-Config since they have been included with Gold for some time and are now only included with Premium out of the box.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements