Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product Importer/Updater PRO

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Product Importer/Updater PRO

Thanks Carrie,

It's good to know there is somebody out there who can assist with this. We are some way off actually getting this running. First step is to migrate our own site over from Actinic to X-Cart and get our own products selling plus integrating into our back end software.

Once we are ready to persue this I will get in touch and hopefully your company can assist us with the supplier integration.

Steve
Old 04-16-2009, 12:56 PM

X-Guru

Steve,

Sounds fine. Just let us know if you need help with the other stuff. We've worked with X-cart since 2002 and also do customizations and X-cart support.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiger
Thanks Carrie,

It's good to know there is somebody out there who can assist with this. We are some way off actually getting this running. First step is to migrate our own site over from Actinic to X-Cart and get our own products selling plus integrating into our back end software.

Once we are ready to persue this I will get in touch and hopefully your company can assist us with the supplier integration.

Steve

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 AM

Advanced Member

I have a database of around 1300 products and I want to add a couple of hundred more. I want to add these products without overwriting the existing products.

If my understanding is correct (it may not be!) the standard x-cart export/import involves exporting existing data, adding new products to spreadsheet in correct format and then importing. The import overwrites the existing db with the new data.

What I'd like to do is essentially a table update rather than what I assume is a drop/create table that the standard x-cart export import uses. Will this tool help?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:28 PM

X-Guru

Yes as far as I know you are correct, the X-cart importer will overwrite what's there.

Ours however you can set it to just update instead. It's keyed off product SKU. So if it finds a product SKU that matches in the database, it will update any information you feed it through the feed.

We find a lot of people rather use this tool for updating as they already have their products in the cart previously if they are not a new site.

Feel free to drop us an email if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenTheWindmill
I have a database of around 1300 products and I want to add a couple of hundred more. I want to add these products without overwriting the existing products.

If my understanding is correct (it may not be!) the standard x-cart export/import involves exporting existing data, adding new products to spreadsheet in correct format and then importing. The import overwrites the existing db with the new data.

What I'd like to do is essentially a table update rather than what I assume is a drop/create table that the standard x-cart export import uses. Will this tool help?

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 PM

Advanced Member

Ideally what I want to do is take a new bunch of products and add them to x-cart without doing anything to the existing ones. Ideally I'd also like the existing products to be ignored by the update without me having to do anything in the tool I use for this.

Think of it as an update in SQL which would simply add any new products to the existing product list. I'd be interested in this tool if it can do this but ideally the opportunity to try it out before buying would help. If it was a $30 add on I'd just buy it but at $200 I don't want to buy unless it does the job.

Have you got a test version of x-cart somewhere that I could try it out on?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 PM

X-Guru

Sure we could customize it a bit to make it only do new products and never updates. It's meant to do both automatically at the same time. But we could make a prescript that tells it to skip a product if it already exists.

Unfortunately this is one that we can't have someone test out on our servers for security reasons. You can put php code into the fields and it can execute any php code you tell it to when configuring it, which poses a security risk. If you would like to email us your file we can let you know how hard or easy it would be to configure the module to work with your file.

We can let you know how much it would be to modify it to skip any pre-existing products as well then.

Thank you,

Carrie

Old 08-07-2009, 11:32 AM

I'm very interested in this.

I installed your test script and i can't see to get it working. my host is useless.
path to php is correct (according to phpinfo() )

$php_cmd ("/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.4/") did not return success. (return value was 126).

what does that mean?
Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

X-Guru

It simply means the path to php isn't correct. Probably best to drop us an email if you haven't already. The path to php usually is
/usr/local/bin/
/usr/bin/
/usr/sbin/
etc.

If you're host is useless then you might want to get another one There are plenty of great hosting companies on this forum including us for reasonable prices. I don't think of any case where we've had a client that claimed their host was useless that they didn't get eventually burnt by them.

Thanks,

Carrie

Old 08-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Unfortunately, it's a client website... I don't have a choice over where it's hosted. I've tried all variations of those paths

php info says:
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.4' '

I'll shoot you guys an email in th emorning.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM

X-Adept

Hi Carrie. I am very interested in this "Product Importer Updater Pro" add-on module. How far out before this add-on get updated for the xcart 4.3 release? Can you give me a ballpark time frame? Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4