Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-16-2015, 05:28 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: 5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

Hi guys!

I am so sorry for being silent for a week in this thread.

xtech & zychen, I just tested my local installation of X-Cart 5.2 Beta and its admin area works just fine to me. Could you please let me know what exactly does not work on your installation? Do you receive any kind of error message?

cflsystems & cherie, upgrades from 5.1 to 5.2 will work as usual. As Steve pointed out correctly, there is a massive change in terms of organizing sidebar menus that is why modules must be ready for it and uploaded to marketplace before official release of 5.2 stable. We already notified all X-Cart 5 developers about upcoming changes, so I believe, they will be ready. Aside from that, this release will be kind of the same as we did in May when there was an upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1

Last edited by tony_sologubov : 02-16-2015 at 05:34 AM.

The following user thanks tony_sologubov for this useful post:
totaltec (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 05:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: 5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

@RichieRich

Quote:
The images workflow I would like to see SEO friendly included. Not x-cart re-naming the filenames to image452.jpg

This workflow is being reworked right now, so it will be there.

Quote:
Multicurrency a nice addition, would have liked it to have been improved since just simply x-cart 4 version which was basic. It would be good practice to say okay we have the feature, but this is x-cart 5, we are going to bring it out but improved from version 4, however good its there either way. I think improvements are coming however. Auto-detect via geo-ip in future, not the customer has to go find a menu and they might think the store is based in USA, when its not, and they close the browser. Added benefit would be with geo-ip, you can usually narrow down to the town or city and therefore display a customised message that not only is the currency in their currency, but you can ship to this location. Perhaps even say shipping from $5 to this location for example in a graphic. It would appear that this is very possible. I have seen this in cart websites.

This is a great suggestion. I will make a note of it for Geo-IP implementation.

Quote:
The en/us icon I still have an issue with. First you are showing the Union jack flag and the USA flag merged together for some reason. Because we have an alliance? It seems for a language it seems. Okay well that can be argued, but then you are displaying the USD currency next to where the Union Jack flag is. Surely an oversight. USA and UK language have many differences in spellings and interpretation. More important is that it is confusing to determine to a customer if you are based in the UK or the USA? Imagine you are on Amazon for example and you can see there could be some confusion there. I immediately changed this image to British because my shop is UK based. A lot of input for one image maybe, but it could have important ramifications to the end user. Are you going to then display Russian flag icon with another Russian speaking country like Ukraine? because you speak the same or similar language?

I will look into it with the team and we will come with some solution.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Advanced Member

I made an install from the distribution on a fresh server and then checked that version 5.1.10 was still working correctly.
However, X-Cart 5.2 gives a "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" on both the storefront and the admin page.
The storefront loads but it continues trying to load on Google Chrome with the "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" error on the console.
The admin page is never able to load, saying "This webpage is not available", "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET".
Old 02-20-2015, 02:16 AM

X-Cart team

Hello zychen!

Could you please have a look at php_errors and xlite logs files in the <X-Cart>/var/log/ folder and let me know if there are any errors? It will help me identify why this problem happened.

Tony.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_sologubov
Hello zychen!

Could you please have a look at php_errors and xlite logs files in the <X-Cart>/var/log/ folder and let me know if there are any errors? It will help me identify why this problem happened.

Tony.

Both files have no errors in them. I have also tried rebuilding cache and nothing seems to help.
This is my second installation on a different server and it still doesn't work. Maybe you could try to download from "http://www.x-cart.com/downloadxc5beta" and install it again on a fresh server to see if you get the same problems.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:25 AM

eXpert

I have the same problem using the Bitnami WAMP stack.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 AM

X-Cart team

@RichieRich
Quote:
The en/us icon I still have an issue with. First you are showing the Union jack flag and the USA flag merged together for some reason. Because we have an alliance? It seems for a language it seems. Okay well that can be argued, but then you are displaying the USD currency next to where the Union Jack flag is. Surely an oversight. USA and UK language have many differences in spellings and interpretation. More important is that it is confusing to determine to a customer if you are based in the UK or the USA? Imagine you are on Amazon for example and you can see there could be some confusion there. I immediately changed this image to British because my shop is UK based. A lot of input for one image maybe, but it could have important ramifications to the end user. Are you going to then display Russian flag icon with another Russian speaking country like Ukraine? because you speak the same or similar language?

We have discussed this moment with the team and we have come up to a solution:
  • We will change default language flag to US one (since US customer base is far bigger than UK one)
  • We will add Union Jack flag icon into the distributive, so you can rename it to en.png and X-Cart will start using it for English language in UK stores
  • Upgrade will not rewrite changed flag icons, so the approach above will keep working through upgrades
  • If a merchant wants to use two English languages: US and UK, they will be able to do so, because X-Cart allows a new language with custom language code.

Please, let me know if you see any problems with introduced approach.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:43 AM

X-Cart team

@zychen, I have just sent you an email.

@xgarb, do you see any errors in the xlite or php_errors log files in the <X-Cart>/var/log/ folder?

Thank you.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 AM

eXpert

nope, both empty...
Old 03-02-2015, 08:24 AM

X-Guru

Hello folks!

Here is the X-Cart 5.2.1 beta. It includes:

1. A lot of bugfixes, thank you for your stress testing!

2. A number of minor improvements and tweaks

3. CleanURL major improvements:
* list of all CleanURLs configured in the system (for products, categories, pages, etc)
* history of previous URLs for every CleanURL
* UI/UX improvements for the CleanURL form
You can download the installation kit here:
http://www.x-cart.com/downloadxc5beta

You are welcome to post bug reports in our bugtracker or this forum thread.

Thank you!

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

Last edited by qualiteam : 03-03-2015 at 12:53 PM.

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
zychen (03-02-2015)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements