Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Displaying download links after purchase

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-13-2006, 07:29 AM

eXpert

I am happy that it worked for you Amy, but it is not working for me and getting any help has been impossible. It appears that Boomer has written off the customer service end of his business, which is why he has turned things over to another business. He is already upset because I posted his treatment here, so I am not about to give him my server info and risk serious problems. That would be stupid, but as you see, I asked for instructions or a refund last week and still no reply. My money is gone and no script that actually works. He admitted it has issues, but won't give me the info to fix those issues or give a refund. I purchased $160 in mods. The decent thing to do would be to refund that one mod, but obviously...
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 07-13-2006, 07:56 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
I am happy that it worked for you Amy, but it is not working for me and getting any help has been impossible. It appears that Boomer has written off the customer service end of his business, which is why he has turned things over to another business. He is already upset because I posted his treatment here, so I am not about to give him my server info and risk serious problems. That would be stupid, but as you see, I asked for instructions or a refund last week and still no reply. My money is gone and no script that actually works. He admitted it has issues, but won't give me the info to fix those issues or give a refund. I purchased $160 in mods. The decent thing to do would be to refund that one mod, but obviously...

Mary, please check the email used when placing your order. Thanks.

All Downloads links on Invoice license holders have been provided a new version of the mod that will hopefully make installation easier and more bug free.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Displaying download links after purchase

Man I hate to sound like a grump, but I am still having issues with this mod and have emailed Boomer with no reply. I just recently started carrying physical products in addition to download ones. The physical products do not have egoods associated with them in any way. They are in their own categories. Yet when someone buys a physical product the dialog comes up for them to Download a product (but no link of course as there are not any). I get the occassional customer that is claiming I should also be providing them a download product since the receipt shows that! I have had a couple that were very adamant about this. If they buy a physical product we do NOT want them to have an egood product as this would run into resell isssues.

This is a mod flaw. If Boomer won't help maybe someone has run into this using the mod and found a fix for it???

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

X-Adept

I have run into this problem before. The problem is in there is some code in the send_keys.php file that is causing every product to generate a key. I would personally just disable the module and follow this:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=29161

X-Cart already has the code to do this, you just need to add it in. Open skin1/mail/html/order_data.tpl and add this code somewhere in the product listing (after the {foreach from=$products item=product} and before the next {/foreach}:

Code:
{if $active_modules.Egoods and $product.download_key and ($order.status eq "P" or $order.status eq "C")} <br /> <a href="{$catalogs.customer}/download.php?id={$product.download_key}" class="SmallNote" target="_blank">Download</a> {/if}
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Advanced Member

Bill, I must say you are the BEST!

I went to add this to my site and found you had already done so!!!! Thanks for always going above and beyond!

previously: XCart Version 4.4.5 Pro
Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 PM

eXpert

This is actually something else than what you are talking abou Bill. You are referring to the html link sent to the customer. That is built into x-cart.

The mod I am talking about adds the link to the thank you receipt page that is displayed as soon as a purchase is made. I found that no matter how much I re-worded the link email, it was blocked or sent to a junk mail folder about 50% of the time & it was a HUGE pain. The download link showing up as soon as they make a purchase has really saved us huge amounts of headaches and time. The issue though is that the Download wording all comes up even for physical products, which it should not.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
This is actually something else than what you are talking abou Bill. You are referring to the html link sent to the customer. That is built into x-cart.

The mod I am talking about adds the link to the thank you receipt page that is displayed as soon as a purchase is made. I found that no matter how much I re-worded the link email, it was blocked or sent to a junk mail folder about 50% of the time & it was a HUGE pain. The download link showing up as soon as they make a purchase has really saved us huge amounts of headaches and time. The issue though is that the Download wording all comes up even for physical products, which it should not.

Actually we are talking about the same thing. I know the mod that you are using, and I have seen it do the same thing (display links for physical products). I'm pretty sure the mod is not being supported anymore so I recommend you just uninstall it and add the code I suggested above.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
X-Cart already has the code to do this, you just need to add it in. Open skin1/mail/html/order_data.tpl and add this code somewhere in the product listing (after the {foreach from=$products item=product} and before the next {/foreach}:

Code:
{if $active_modules.Egoods and $product.download_key and ($order.status eq "P" or $order.status eq "C")} <br /> <a href="{$catalogs.customer}/download.php?id={$product.download_key}" class="SmallNote" target="_blank">Download</a> {/if}

Bill, would you mind clarifying this a bit? What do you mean by x-cart already has the code to do this but you need to add it in? I'm using 4.1.6, and when I go to the tpl you referenced, I already find the code you mention. The only difference is that instead of the word "Download" is has
Code:
{$lng.lbl_download}
. Yet my invoices don't display download links.

XCart Gold 4.1.8
3 tier flyout menu
Download Expander
Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prest0
The only difference is that instead of the word "Download" is has
Code:
{$lng.lbl_download}
. Yet my invoices don't display download links.

This is just the language variable, it will not make a difference in displaying the download link. I would make sure the order is being processed, if it is queued there will not be a link.

It is easy to miss the link because it is very small, here is a screenshot:

Image1.gif

To change it to a button and make it more visible change this code:

Code:
<a href="{$catalogs.customer}/download.php?id={$product.download_key}" class="SmallNote" target="_blank">{$lng.lbl_download}</a>

to this:

Code:
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_download style="button" href="`$catalogs.customer`/download.php?id=`$product.download_key`"}

Then it should look like this:

Image2.gif
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM

eXpert

So this will also show up on the invoice that displays on the Thank You page when they purchase? As I said, the problem with it just showing up in the email receipt is that not everyone gets the notification.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4