Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Considering Several Add-Ons, Input Needed

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Considering Several Add-Ons, Input Needed

I'm considering several Add-Ons for our site and would like to have them installed before we take the site live.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with any of these add-ons and if so, what'd ya think?

X-CART Support Ticket System
http://www.cartmods.com/product.php?productid=113&cat=0&page=

Most of the items we sell ship via common carrier and shipping damage is always a concern. This seemed like an incredibly easy way to manage any customer support issues, though the price was a little higher than I'd hoped.

Glossary Modification
http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/Glossary-Modification-pid-83.html

Many of the manufacturers have proprietary terms for their various features which can make things very confusing for the customer. For example, many Frigidaire ovens have "EvenCook3≥ Element Convection System". Customers usually have no idea what this means and this add-on seemed like an easy way to manage these various terms.

Point of Sale / Phone Ordering
http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&cat=0&page=1

Any possibility of integrating our in-store and online sales need to be looked into. Again, the price is a little higher than I had planned, but it might be worth it.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:53 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Considering Several Add-Ons, Input Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden
I'm considering several Add-Ons for our site and would like to have them installed before we take the site live.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with any of these add-ons and if so, what'd ya think?

X-CART Support Ticket System
http://www.cartmods.com/product.php?productid=113&cat=0&page=

Most of the items we sell ship via common carrier and shipping damage is always a concern. This seemed like an incredibly easy way to manage any customer support issues, though the price was a little higher than I'd hoped.

Glossary Modification
http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/Glossary-Modification-pid-83.html

Many of the manufacturers have proprietary terms for their various features which can make things very confusing for the customer. For example, many Frigidaire ovens have "EvenCook3≥ Element Convection System". Customers usually have no idea what this means and this add-on seemed like an easy way to manage these various terms.

Point of Sale / Phone Ordering
http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=126&cat=0&page=1

Any possibility of integrating our in-store and online sales need to be looked into. Again, the price is a little higher than I had planned, but it might be worth it.

We use BCSE Point of Sale mod and I can absolutely recommend it. Its very simple to install, and does exactly what we needed. We would not be with out this mod.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if it works with serialized inventory? In an ideal world we'd be able to track all of our inventory on one system, though I suspect it would take some heavy modification to the x-cart backend. At the very least we'd have to have one table of incoming product, the existing table of products sold, and some method for comparing the two tables to see what's still in-stock.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden
Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if it works with serialized inventory? In an ideal world we'd be able to track all of our inventory on one system, though I suspect it would take some heavy modification to the x-cart backend. At the very least we'd have to have one table of incoming product, the existing table of products sold, and some method for comparing the two tables to see what's still in-stock.

Hello Camden,
Best thing would be to just shoot Carrie from BCSE a email with any queries you may have.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 02-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Already done
Old 02-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Hello There

I have Kayako Helpdesk system designed in to my website and then have a simple Loginshare switched on to for X Cart. It is excellent.The Helpdesk I use looks a lot more comprehensive that the one you are looking at . You can see it at www.kayako.com
Old 02-17-2007, 12:20 PM

I was considering the cartmods ticket system but I read some bad reviews about cartmods.com and many bad experiences. If you check out older threads you can find some information about them. We went with Kayako SupportSuite.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr2swiss2
I was considering the cartmods ticket system but I read some bad reviews about cartmods.com and many bad experiences. If you check out older threads you can find some information about them. We went with Kayako SupportSuite.

You know I was scared of doing work with cartmods but Sam there has been great. I have spent quite a bit of money with them and they have pulled through for me every time. Even designed a few custom things that I was wanting to do.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Kayako SupportSuite
Or Kayako eSupport ...

(although some features are rather difficult to setup with this comprehensive system)

IMO this is the best support system out there to use with X-Cart, it's professional and has a lot of great features;
only one question: is there anybody using it who has managed to get the LoginShare working with X-Cart?

The X-CART Support Ticket System from cartmods is a mod which simply doesn't come close.

Quote:
Glossary Modification
A very useful addition but not multi language and I found out that when your product descriptions are 'rich' with describing, it may popup more than you'd like; there is a mod (<- clickable) in the forum which may be better for explaining specific features.
-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for the best dutch language pack? 4.1.x - 4.6.x compatibel, native speaker translation! More info
Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 AM

Advanced Member

I just purchased the Ticket System from CartMods. Does anyone know Sam (from CartMods) IM screenname?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4