Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

PhilJ's Advanced Speedbar - Smarty question re: id="current" - $main eq "X"

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-03-2007, 07:09 PM

X-Guru

Default PhilJ's Advanced Speedbar - Smarty question re: id="current" - $main eq "X"

I am using a modified vesion of PhilJ's advanced Speedbar.

My goal is to get each TAB to HIGHLIGHT if it is the ACTIVE location. This is something PhilJ built into the code, but I decided to not use the {section name=sb loop=$speed_bar} -- rather, I am using a hard coded version for all my static pages. SO -- this killed the highlight active tab feature (excpet for the hard coded pages that are obvious...)

So, for example, my home page link looks like this:

http://www.mommymakeup.com

Code:
<li {if $main eq "catalog" && $current_category.category eq ""}id="current"{/if}><a href="/" title="Home"><span>Home</span></a> </li>

I was able to figure out how to get the Gift Certificates link to work:

Code:
<li {if $main eq "giftcert"}id="current"{/if}><a href="/giftcert.php" title="Gift Certificates"><span>Gift Certificates</span></a> </li>

Now, my goal is to have the rest of my static pages tell smarty who they are, so that I can trap for {if $main eq "current-page-name"}id="current"{/if}

For example, how would I take this link and tell smarty that it is the current page?
Code:
<li><a href="/help/tips-n-tricks.html" title="Tips-n-Tricks"><span>Tips-n-Tricks</span></a> </li>

Note: I am using CDSEO for static pages, and we no longer use pages.php -- it has been replaced with the CDSEO equivalent, for my store it is named help.php

I think I need to assign some kind of var to each static page, so that I can trap for it and use smarty in the speedbar. Can someone please share how this is done?

Another example: My page "tips-n-tricks.html" is actually a static embedded page, /pages.php?pageid=3 -- BUT CDSEO allows me to call it, tips-n-tricks.html -- my question is: HOW CAN I tell this page that I want it to be called (to smarty) $tipsntricks ?

Phil? Jon?

Thanks!

Jeremy
Old 02-04-2007, 03:19 AM

Veteran

Default Re: PhilJ's Advanced Speedbar - Smarty question re: id="current" - $main eq "X"

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons
Old 02-04-2007, 05:35 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: PhilJ's Advanced Speedbar - Smarty question re: id="current" - $main eq "X"

Padraic,

Had I phrased the question, "How can I tell smarty that a page is the current page, such as $main eq "thispage" " - would you have moved this to 3rd party? - this is really NOT about a 3rd party mod -- but overall Smarty. PhilJ just uses smarty in his code, and I have modified the daylights out of it and it has very little basis on Phil's code...

My question is realy about smarty and how a page tells smarty who it is.

I would hate for forum members to think this is specifically a 3rd party issue... it's about smarty. Can I re-post the question wihtout the reference to PhilJ's code and try again?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 02-04-2007, 05:40 AM

Veteran

Both the subject and the body reference Phil's Speedbar...so naturally, I moved it to third party add-ons. In addition, you seemed to address the question to both Phil and Jon...why wouldn't I move this to Third Party Add-ons?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:46 AM

X-Guru

OK -- please let it live for now -- if this doesn't get any attention in the next day(s) I'll re-post with a rewriteen question - and you can delete this, ok?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:50 AM

Veteran

Your call...if it is not about a third party mod, I'll gladly move it to Template Editing...but it seems to address two specific third-party mods, no?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:24 AM

X-Guru

Does this work?

Code:
{if $main eq "pages" and $page_data.pageid eq "3"}id="current"{/if}

The mod does cater for static pages, it's explained in install.txt
Old 02-04-2007, 07:40 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Does this work?

Code:
{if $main eq "pages" and $page_data.pageid eq "3"}id="current"{/if}

The mod does cater for static pages, it's explained in install.txt

Yeah baby! You rock!!

I read through install.txt again, but I missed this...

I may have a very old version, Phil... My copy of Speedbar was from when you were selling it (not the free version). All I have in my install.txt is:

Quote:
When adding a static page to the speedbar, ensure the 'POS.' value for both speedbar AND static page, are the same value (order position).

eg.
About Us Speedbar Link - Sort Position 10
About Us Static Page - Sort Position 10

My issue is that I am not using the speedbar "automatic" fucntions -- and I am hard coding each link, so this does not apply. If I use the automatic code, I lose some flexibility (and CDSEO breaks) - so to keep my URLs that CDSEO makes for me, I chose to hard code the links. AND I like the flexibility. I gladly accept the responsibility that comes with hard-coding links.

THANK YOU for coming up with this solution!

PS -- how did you know this smarty var ($page_data.pageid eq) ? How could I have found this for myself? Thanks!

Jeremy
Old 02-04-2007, 07:56 AM

X-Guru

In smarty.php (located in your root folder)...

Change...
Code:
$smarty->debug_tpl="file:debug_templates.tpl";
to...
Code:
$smarty->debug_tpl="file:debug.tpl";
Then turn on Webmaster Mode. It'll display every smarty variable at your disposal
Old 02-04-2007, 08:48 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
It'll display every smarty variable at your disposal

Cool... thank you.

Then, you have to take a wild guess at the correct syntax

For example, in webmaster mode, I can see the page_data and pageid vars -- so I guess it's just knowing how to assemble vars -- I've been reading the smarty doscs until my brain explodes, but I'll keep at it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Everything works as desired now!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4