Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

2Checkout v2 additional parameters

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-05-2005, 11:11 PM

X-Cart team

Default 2Checkout v2 additional parameters

Hello everyone!

This post is for 2CO users.

We got many questions on this matter recently so the architects asked me to explain the situation since i was discussing this matter with 2CO for little less then 3 months already.

So 2CO first asked us to export all the products to their base with an XML file. As you can guess this would have taken traffic and load the server. Fortunately we convinced 2CO to waive this requirement for us. So what now is required from X-Cart users is send additional product information during the checkout process. This functionality is implemented in X-Cart 4.0.13 and LiteCommerce 2.1 2CO payment module. For X-Cart 3.3.X, 3.4.X and 3.5.X appropriate patches would be available in the nearest future. So everything should go smooth once 2CO settles down this update.

Thank you.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:40 PM

eXpert

Please note that it would be a good idea it you made some changes in the wording, concerning 2CO.
In my view it is not a good idea to have the following:

Payment method: 2Checkout.com (2Checkout.Version 2)

in order notification E-mail and on customer invoices for 2 reasons.

1. Customers are paying with their credit cards and when they see the above in payment method they might be puzzled.

2. 2Checkout com are very anxious to distance themselves from the role of payment processor/payment gateway they are in fact playing and they've been sending warning E-mails to people who use their services. They want to have all wording changed and all words like "payment processor" "payment gateway", "pay with 2CO" and similar taken away from E-commerce sites.
Their last E-mail from today contains a clear threat that if their new requirements are not met within 24 hours they are going to suspend accounts.

So, you'd better consult them and change the database entries concerning 2CO, so that x-cart users do not get in trouble because their carts contain entries 2CO has chosen to now dislike.
Of course, this is not a fault of x-cart, but you are the ones who could help x-cart users avoid problems with 2CO trying to present themselves as a retailer and not the payment processor whose services we are using.

Personally I had to go to direct editing database tables in order to prevent the "2Checkout.Vesion 2" being displayed in the Payment method field.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:54 PM

X-Cart team

This is a copy of the newsletter we have sent to our customers who are subscribed to the 'Minor releases and updates' maillist:

Quote:
Dear customer,

We are glad to announce that the new version of '2Checkout. Version 2' payment module for X-Cart versions 3.3.0-3.3.8, 3.4.0-3.4.14, 3.5.0-3.5.14, 4.0.0-4.0.12 is now available for downloading in your File area (section Miscellaneous).

The new payment module supports 2Checkout API version 2 including a new set of parameters that is required by this API (the information about the ordered products and gift certificates is added to the request to the payment gateway).

You need this new module if you are using 2Checkout on your site and the version of your X-Cart is prior to 4.0.13.

--
Sincerely yours,
X-Cart Team

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM

X-Cart team

I have contacted 2CO explaining your concerns. Will let you know as soon as have their comments.

We sure will do all possible to help these problems sorted out.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:23 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Dear customer,

We are glad to announce that the new version of '2Checkout. Version 2' payment module for X-Cart versions 3.3.0-3.3.8, 3.4.0-3.4.14, 3.5.0-3.5.14, 4.0.0-4.0.12 is now available for downloading in your File area (section Miscellaneous).

The new payment module supports 2Checkout API version 2 including a new set of parameters that is required by this API (the information about the ordered products and gift certificates is added to the request to the payment gateway).

You need this new module if you are using 2Checkout on your site and the version of your X-Cart is prior to 4.0.13.

--
Sincerely yours,
X-Cart Team

Thank you.[/quote]
i tried using that , doesnt work for me , it sends me back to home page after i click submit order.
i also used instruction from this topic http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=15881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hig hlight=2checkout&start=15
regards
Old 04-11-2005, 06:07 AM

X-Cart team

I've got the answer from 2CO

They gave me the list phrases payment with 2CO must not be called in the shopping cart. I forwarded these to the architect team for they could verify none of these appear in the next release. According to 2CO this is new requirement from credit card companies.

Regarding the delays with invoices. 2CO said it's a temporary problem which will be solved in the near future.

Regarding the way merchant's name mentioned in the invoice. 2CO said they will consider the invoice look. So perhaps they would hear suggestions if you contact them directly.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:08 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeXCART
Regarding the delays with invoices. 2CO said it's a temporary problem which will be solved in the near future.

Right now 2CO is a miserable failure with their version 2 software.
At the moment I have on my head a second customer in less than a week whose CC transaction data has gone missing somewhere in 2CO payment processing system. And their support has gone underground. They are not answering tickets for many days and then answer is:

Quote:
A recent upgrade of our ticketing support system has resulted in tickets that are older then 4 days old to become uncategorized. If your issue remains an open concern, please open a new support ticket so that it can be properly categorized and addressed.

We can just pray that these m****s will be able to get their system functioning before we loose to many customers.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:14 PM

X-Man

Agreed, 2Co's upgrade is a total mess.

V1 even stopped storing x-cart order ID's, which has made our transition to V2 even more troublesome.

Someone over there needs a good kick in the rear end, doesnt help that they've lost a $$$$$ payment to us too .

They've upset alot of their customers, in the process, most people I know who use them are now looking for alternatives, ourselves included.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 04-11-2005, 09:33 PM

X-Cart team

It's not about 2CheckOut, it's about VISA & MasterCard. They (VISA&MC) are just enforcing their requirements and their requirements say that there is no such thing as a "3rd party payment processing". Yes, V2 is not convenient but if 2CheckOut would not switch to V2, they would have to follow PaySystems and close eventually.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 04-12-2005, 12:59 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
Yes, V2 is not convenient but if 2CheckOut would not switch to V2, they would have to follow PaySystems and close eventually.

We are even not speaking of convenience but of basic functionality disorders and total lack of support. If 2CO continue to provide services with such a dismal quality they are going to get themselves out of business anyway. Bad thing is they would be taking some of us with them as colateral damage. That is unless we do not find a replacement service which accepts non-US merchants ASAP.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements