Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Slideshow for Product Images

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM

Advanced Member

Default Slideshow for Product Images

Currently I'm using Magnifier for my products. Unless someone knows or sees the link under the image, Click to Zoom, they can often miss it. While I don't worry so much about the zoom, I am hoping for a better way for people NOT to miss multiple images. I was hoping someone would point me to some mods that might have a slideshow in this spot instead, so it would rotate through the detailed images, or even showed them as thumbnails under the main image they could click on to see them larger. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Slideshow for Product Images

www.magictoolbox.com

- MagicZoomPlus
- MagicScroll

Both working together.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM

X-Guru

Addison's recommendation is a good one. They offer many options in the admin for customization, and it works well. It is hard to customize beyond what they offer though, as the code is either encrypted or obfuscated to the point that it is rather hopeless to modify.

I have been looking into a module that will display a full width slideshow of the product images at the top of the product page. I have seen this on some high end sites and it is dramatic and can be quite compelling.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM

X-Man

You know I had a problem with MagicToolbox. Thanks to the support team (Igor), after a long exchange of emails, they found the issues why these two modules are not working in Windows environments. For the moment I am still evaluating both of them because there is a plenty of features (configuration).

Install/Uninstall is easy to do, in one page. If you buy MagicZoomPlus (29 Pounds) you can get MagicScroll for only 19 Pounds instead of 29 Pounds as it is standalone.

Only one JS file is encrypted, all PHP files can by edited. I don't like the way it passes the data. I am big fan of Smarty. If these modules could have Smarty templates it will be a big relief. In this moment you have to understand the OOP code, then finding out the places where it sends data.

As a last observation, generally speaking all these scripts should be loaded only on those pages where they are needed. For example if you have a carousel (banners or something) load the js script and css only for that page, not over the whole website content. This will increase the speed. It was a time when I was agree to claim all variables in every XC page, but this means a lot of SQL queries, lots of memory spent, finally a speed decrease. XC should be protected by heavy loads like JS/CSS, DB queries. This is one of the keys for increasing speed.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
totaltec (01-09-2013)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4