Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

7Dana Elegant template has issues

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Default 7Dana Elegant template has issues

This template is giving me major problems-

https://www.rotopax.com/First-Aid-Preparedness.html

I never had this problem when I ran it in the 4.1.9 store. On the 4.3.2 it's doing this.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix it? I've gone through main.css and can't find the right combonation of edits to make this work.

http://rotopax.com
Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: 7Dana Elegant template has issues

I'm not familiar with that template - so hopefully this information pertains.

In 3.2 - the width and height of the div that controls that image is based on the settings you have for maximum product image width and height in General Settings->Appearance options.

So - depending on how you are managing the size of your images - maybe you can take a look at those settings and it will give you a hint as to how the css is getting set. Where you see inline css - it usually means xcart is setting that css using smarty based on a setting it is pulling from the database.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 PM

X-Adept

The issue with the stretch is because the description is squished. Its on the page, but put into a small column so it's extending downward... alot.

This can be fixed by changing the margin of the descr (its in the a style attribute, so inline). I would just delete it entirely. Your images are also taking up 300+ px width.
Another issue is that the the images are floated.
Code:
.product-details .image {
Remove the float: left; on that or else the description will be over your images.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:03 PM

X-Wizard

I was going to advise you to be careful with just deleting the code that xcart has set using the inline styles for height and width, since you are also using their Detailed Images mod.

In the default template - those settings are used in a few places to layout the product page. They also have an imapct on how X-CART displays the detailed images with the mouseover effect. The height is also calculated and set inline with smarty so the detailed images mouseover will work properly in IE.

But I took a look around your site, and on your skin, your image width is being set is a way different from the default templates - so it is hard to advise you without seeing the template.

It appears the problem is only on your pages with detailed images - so something went wrong with your template in these files: skin1/customer/main/product.tpl and/or modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl wherever you set inline styles.
Something is setting your inline styles to be very wide when you have detailed images.

You can try to figure out what happened to the smarty math that determines your inline css styles when you have detailed images present, or just do as Tal suggests and strip it all out. If you do strip it out - be sure and look at the detailed image mouseovers in IE to make sure those still work.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Ok, I'm looking into this now. I wish the template was good to go straight out of the box like it was for the 4.1.9 version.

Here is the exact same product on 4.1.9 (which is being phased out)

http://www.rotopax.net/first-aidpreparedness-kolpin-kolpin-atv-accesories-fuelpack-fuel-pack-atv-utv-ga-c-11-p-1-pr-83.html

Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 PM

Ok-

I changed this-

Number of detailed image thumbnails that must be displayed in the thumbnail area

to 0

Changed-

Number of detailed image thumbnails that must fit into the width of the thumbnail area (1-6)

to 1

Seemed to have fixed the issue...

Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM

X-Wizard

Good you looked there. I had not realized these settings for the detailed images were there. It looks like X-CART is coded to set that image width and details margin-left based on whatever is larger - the setting for image width, or the setting for the width needed for the detailed image thumbs.

As an aside - you might be interested in this mod, which could give your product page a layout with less white space.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 AM

Veteran

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4