Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

BCSE Rewards Points - Products that can only be purchased with Points

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Advanced Member

Default BCSE Rewards Points - Products that can only be purchased with Points

I have just implemented the Rewards Points mod from BCSE. Has anyone tried modifying it so that some products can only be purchased using points? We would like to give-away certain promotional items, like T-Shirts, Flash Drives, iPods, etc that can only be payed for with points. Maybe all the products in a specified category can only use points as a payment method? If you've done anything like this, please let me know!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Veteran

Default Re: BCSE Rewards Points - Products that can only be purchased with Points

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons
Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM

Talking Re: BCSE Rewards Points - Products that can only be purchased with Points

Hi,

I just bought this, too, and this is stated to be one of the features on BCSE website. I can't seem to figure out how to implement this feature, though, and documentation is non existent. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

-David
Old 05-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: BCSE Rewards Points - Products that can only be purchased with Points

I don't believe the option to make a product only purchasable with points is a stated feature. This would be a modification. I have not yet found a way to do this.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:50 PM

It is indeed a stated feature.

excerpt from

http://bcsengineering.com/store/product.php?productid=76&cat=0&page=1

:

Admin Features:
  • Automatic points system. It will give points when an order is processed or completed. Will also take away points for an order that is later set to Declined, failed, etc
  • General overall points collection rate for the store configurable on a per membership basis.
  • Ability to have different points for different products that over-rides the general points rate.
  • Give and take away customer points for any reason with a notes area to leave yourself a note (great for rewarding filling out surveys, signing up for membership, reviewing a product, etc)
  • Ability to specify which products are not allowed to be paid for with points
  • Able to display customer's points from any template.
  • Running user log of when points were added/subtracted and for what reason
Customer Features:
  • Customer can see the points he/she has earned by clicking on modify profile (or anywhere else on the store you decide to display it).
  • Customer has the option to pay with points.
  • Paying with points is selectable like any other payment method.
  • Customers can mix and match paying with points and cash/credit card.
  • Customers can view the amount of points earned per order and used per order in their order history.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM

Advanced Member

We are talking about two different things.

I want to make a product ONLY purchasable with points.

The quoted feature makes it so a product is NOT ALLOWED to be payed for with points.

Did you try unchecking the 'Apply Global Discounts' checkbox for the product?

The following user thanks lizlee00 for this useful post:
SGA (05-28-2009)
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM

You're right, and your suggestion worked. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the instruction.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:13 PM

X-Guru

You can find the instructions for this in the readme right after the main set of install steps:

Quote:
==============
Special Notes:
==============

1. If you want to exclude some items from being able to be bought (or partially bought) with points, uncheck the "Apply global discounts".

2. If points are not being collected correctly, check to see if you have set an extra field for points. If so, make sure this contains a numerical value for the products and verify that the extra field is identifed correctly in the Points Admin config.

==============

And we do have documentation here just FYI.

http://bcsengineering.com/documentation/

We are open to adding documentation for any modules requested, these are the ones requested so far so just drop us a note if you see something missing that you would like to see. Many of the modules are self explanatory so we will do documentation as requested.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks. Just an FYI: those steps are not included with the zip we download in any way. They are not attached to the install.html--I also scoured the links on the site I bought it from and was not able to locate the instructions, only a couple screenshots. It would have helped alot if there was a link on the product page to the usage documentation or a copy in the download zip. sites like http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/customer-reward-points.html dont have the documentation - at least not in an easy to find place.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:49 PM

X-Guru

I see. Looks like it's in the 4.1.x instructions which I was looking at but you have 4.2.x I'll look to get the documentation links in the install instructions.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4