Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Abandoned Cart Weak Point

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 12-14-2015, 05:48 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Weak Point

This error is for the abandoned cart module. I tried to update it as you mentioned, it hung on step 3. Now it shows installed but there is no checkbox is there at all. I don't think it really installed properly.

I have no idea what to do with this now. If I uninstall the module, no doubt I will lose all of the abandoned carts and coupons I have in there now.

Frankly, I've got so many issues going on with different XC5 modules right now I can't even keep track of them all.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 12-15-2015, 02:10 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
This error is for the abandoned cart module. I tried to update it as you mentioned, it hung on step 3

When installing a new module version X-Cart 5 re-builds the entire store, and if there is something wrong with the database or files of other modules, it may hang up even if the module being installed is OK.

Quote:
Now it shows installed but there is no checkbox is there at all. I don't think it really installed properly.

I have no idea what to do with this now. If I uninstall the module, no doubt I will lose all of the abandoned carts and coupons I have in there now.

Yes, it looks like the installation process was not completed.

If the files were copied properly (and I think so because you say the backend displays the new module version number), you may try the following MySQL queries to get the new checkbox appear on the module settings page (the code uses MySQL variables, so you should run it from a MySQL console, or execute the queries manually one by one and replace @id with the actual "config_id" of the first record):
Code:
INSERT INTO `xc_config` (`name`, `category`, `type`, `orderby`, `value`, `widgetParameters`) VALUES ('abcr_one_coupon_per_user','QSL\\AbandonedCartReminder','checkbox',200,'0','N;'); SELECT @id:=config_id FROM xc_config WHERE name='abcr_one_coupon_per_user' LIMIT 1; INSERT INTO `xc_config_translations` (`id`, `option_name`, `option_comment`, `code`) VALUES (@id,'Limit the number of coupons per user','When enabled, the module generates a discount coupon for every registered customer only once. The setting does not apply to customers having no store account.','en');

Of course, please backup your site before doing any direct MySQL changes.

Last edited by xplorer : 12-15-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:03 PM

Mine shows up just fine thankfully, but I don't see how to link the module with the coupon system. I would have expected a tab to show up in the Promotions section.

Any help?
Old 12-19-2015, 03:06 PM

Never mind...I see it under E-mail Notifications.

The following user thanks hartwellj for this useful post:
qualiteam (12-20-2015)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)