Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Phone Ordering?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-20-2005, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDI
Naterscom: You didn't mention it, but if I were you I'd make sure that the Sales Reps have some extra flexibility in entering the orders (manually putting in different prices, s/h amounts, discounts, etc.) so you can easily accomodate any special situations that come up in the course of writing orders.

THat is an interesting idea and I'm sure it would be nice to have implemented into the modification. We use a very elaborate accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics) which is used for the "FINAL" invoice but it would be nice to be able to modify the invoice online as customers do check back to the website for order history and invoices that contradict each other might confuse customers.

Any thoughts on how to incorporate your ideas more specifically into the mod?

Thanks,

Nate
Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterscom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDI
Naterscom: You didn't mention it, but if I were you I'd make sure that the Sales Reps have some extra flexibility in entering the orders (manually putting in different prices, s/h amounts, discounts, etc.) so you can easily accomodate any special situations that come up in the course of writing orders.

THat is an interesting idea and I'm sure it would be nice to have implemented into the modification. We use a very elaborate accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics) which is used for the "FINAL" invoice but it would be nice to be able to modify the invoice online as customers do check back to the website for order history and invoices that contradict each other might confuse customers.

Thanks,

Nate

I was planning on having this feature in the mod I make. Any word from x-cart if they're going to release it or make it just for you? I don't want to duplicate work unless necessary.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterscom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDI

Thanks,

Nate

I was planning on having this feature in the mod I make. Any word from x-cart if they're going to release it or make it just for you? I don't want to duplicate work unless necessary.

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

As far as I know, the work is being done just for the company I work for. Unless enough people contacted x-cart about needing such a mod (which maybe they do...), I don't know if they would release such a mod. It would be nice, though, if it was built into default x-cart.

Are the features in my mod different than the features you were planning on offering in your mod?

Thanks,

Nate
Old 05-20-2005, 07:29 AM

Carrie,

Also-- how much were you planning on charging for your mod? Any thoughts?

Nate
Old 05-20-2005, 08:06 AM

X-Guru

I usually don't price until after I'm done so I can assess how long it takes me, how many I expect to sell, etc. However, I would estimate it would be in the $100-$200 range (possibly a bit higher). I try to keep in mind the typical X-cart user's budget etc when pricing as well as how much work it took to make the mod, the number of features, etc.

My plans are for it to be a fully functional point of sale/phone ordering system. The interface is going to be totally separate from x-cart, but will use any necessary php functions of theirs. So the interface is going to be designed to be as quick and efficient as possible for order entry.

Hope this helps some!

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 05-20-2005, 08:12 AM

Carrie,

Have you started working on the mod yet? I would consider using your modification if you had plans to finish the mod within the next two weeks. I doubt that you have these plans, but another issue is how hard it would be and how expensive it would be for you to make mods to the general mod you release.

Nate
Old 05-20-2005, 08:16 AM

X-Guru

Nate,

My plan is to have it done in June (so probably 4 weeks).

It wouldn't be hard for me to modify the general mod. My goal though is to have enough features and flexibility in it that modifying it to someones needs would only be necessary for a few, small group of people. The cost of course would depend on how much modification is needed.

Carrie

Old 05-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Nate,

My plan is to have it done in June (so probably 4 weeks).

Carrie

Great!
MySQL 4.0.23
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008004
XML parser (expat) 1.95.6
Old 05-23-2005, 05:44 PM

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people that would be interested in this mod.
PHP 4.3.8
Old 05-25-2005, 03:28 PM

im very interested in this so add me to the list please.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4