Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro do we still need it?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro do we still need it?

I think there's a big delusion about URL rewriting modules in general.

Yes, it's crucial to have optimised TITLE and DESCRIPTION meta tags and page URLs, but that's only a small part of the battle.

Those are coverered by X-Cart's Clean URLs perfectly well. The homepage canonical tag issue can be fixed here.

What really counts is your actual CONTENT, how you structure it, and how many sites are linking to yours (quality inbound links).

SEO is a science in itself, an URL rewriting mod is not a magic wand, as some almost claim to be!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:07 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
... Those are coverered by X-Cart's Clean URLs perfectly well."
I would have to disagree on this point Phil, from what I have seen there are "on-page" issues with standard X-Cart SEO (do ask Jon about these if you like, if you can't spot them yourself).

However I do agree with you, that "on-page" is not the be-all and end-all of SEO... "Off-Page" does account largely for traffic volume, while social media links are also becoming as important or even more important for driving traffic and ranking positions, than "on-page" can ever hope to anymore alone by itself.

Cheers - Asiaplay

The following user thanks Asiaplay for this useful post:
PhilJ (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 05:28 PM

X-Guru

You should not rely, or put all your hopes on any URL rewriting module, but concentrate more on your actual content and popularity, which is ultimately what Google and others check for
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM

Veteran

This may help

http://www.link-assistant.com/news/key-google-updates.html

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
rct (02-04-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurac
I am interested in CDSEO, seen at friends shop one version, but something bother me..
1- meta keyword, it just takes the description, and not generating Keywords. is there a way to make custome way to generate?
2- each time he changes the meta, sql error generated..
3- is there a way to export all content of meta words, edit and upload it back( there are over 1000 products)

1. Search engines no longer use meta keywords so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

2. You would need to look at the specific SQL error and correct. It is very likely this would not be related to CDSEO.

3. In the CDSEO Admin -> Modules section you can use the Import/Export feature.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
I would have to disagree on this point Phil, from what I have seen there are "on-page" issues with standard X-Cart SEO (do ask Jon about these if you like, if you can't spot them yourself).

However I do agree with you, that "on-page" is not the be-all and end-all of SEO... "Off-Page" does account largely for traffic volume, while social media links are also becoming as important or even more important for driving traffic and ranking positions, than "on-page" can ever hope to anymore alone by itself.

Cheers - Asiaplay

I've been pointing out X-Cart's SEO short comings for almost a decade, and in time X-Cart seems to follow and correct my criticisms. Indeed there are still issues in X-Cart and CDSEO v2.0 which is nearing completion will provide more improvements as well as additional functionality.

Google has over 200 ranking factors and indeed CDSEO is only one piece of the puzzle. xCMS was created as a companion to CDSEO to help facilitate SEO content, authorship integration, news, videos, etc. Again, xCMS is a tool to be used as a part of your overall SEO and SEM strategy.

You can find some helpful tutorials at: http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-tutorials/x-cart-seo/
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4