Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Online security webinar Nov 27 at 9am PST/12pm EST

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Online security webinar Nov 27 at 9am PST/12pm EST

Thank you people. We'll see to what can be done to the matters you point out and work to improve the next webinar.

And we've got stats. Number of visitors: 136. And 132 video veiws so far.

Thank you for participating and supporting us.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 AM

X-Guru

I watched the youtube. And I want my 45 minutes back.
I had this on my calendar, but a client emergency called me away. I am so happy that I made money for the hour instead of watching this sales pitch.

I'm not going to be the cheerleader here.

Since there are many, many, many, many, many steps to operating a secure website, this webinar would be step 95 out of 100 in my book. That is, I think there are 94 things that I think are WAY more important before even thinking of identifying malware.

Next time: forget the 3rd party selling stuff. A truly valuable webinar from a 3rd party will be entirely about X-Cart, and oh, by the way, "we have a product that can help you too..."
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 AM

X-Adept

Thanks for putting this webinar together, however as mentioned above I think there would be a far richer source of relevant information that could be obtained from many of the contributors of this forum.

Understandably the presenter wants to present their marketing spiel, however for our X-cart specific tips to be honest there was very little. The main suggestion mentioned was the fingerprint system - (which should be automatic system btw) - however we were told to stay tuned on this (which I will because I have some other carts that do this brilliantly, sadly it's lacking in X-cart).

Why not do a webinar once a month on different topics featuring Qualiteam, as well as some of the excellent contributors from the forum?

I would happily attend these if people like Handson, WebsiteCM, BCSE participated in return for them have some time allotted to advertise, or educate us on their products.

It would also be great if developer like CFLSystems, BabyMonkey and others chipped in as well (maybe users could even nominate who they would love to hear from and you could ask if they are willing to participate?)

Lastly you could have an end user present their experience with the cart.

A topic could be outlined 1 month in advance and people can submit questions prior so some can be covered, then a live element to ask a few at the conclusion of the presentation.

Not only can we learn from the rich resource pool here, but it will help to grow the community.

Lastly, any chance they can be scheduled a touch later? 4am is early!

Just my 2c & thanks.

The following user thanks BBM_ for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 AM

X-Cart team

BBM_, thank you for raising a very good point.

JFYI: we welcome anyone to do a joint webinar with us. The only condition is that such webinar must be educational for visitors (while some advertising is possible in exchange for your help).

Said so I want to note that we need speakers and experts to participate in our webinars - suggest your ideas by posting messages here.

If you want to be a speaker&expert in our next webinar - PM me!
X-Payments product manager
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements