Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

5.2.12 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-22-2016, 02:54 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: 5.2.11 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

Thanks Xim. One problems is that it doesn't show up in the modules marketplace.
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
Old 01-22-2016, 03:27 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
Thanks Xim. One problems is that it doesn't show up in the modules marketplace.

These modules are available only for 5.2.11 which is in the developer wave at the moment. As soon as we release merchant wave these modules will be available for all customers.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:57 AM

Hi Slava

I've added to ticket. Error message in php_errors log is:
[21-Jan-2016 12:51:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null in /var/www/shop/var/run/classes/XLite/View/Product/Details/Customer/Widget.php on line 86
[21-Jan-2016 12:51:04] Error (code: 1): Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null
Server API: apache2handler;
Request method: HEAD;
URI: /;
Backtrace:
#0 Includes\ErrorHandler::logInfo() called at [/var/www/shop/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:348]
#1 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleError() called at [/var/www/shop/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:333]
#2 Includes\ErrorHandler::shutdown()
Old 01-23-2016, 01:48 PM

Question Re: 5.2.11 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

This is going to sound REALLY stupid so I apologize in advance everyone. I just upgraded from 4.5 to 5.2.10 business yesterday. Got everything installed and looking good. I am a bit confused here though because in the past we could log in, go to our license area and download any upgrade patches.

Now I just see that 5.2.11 is actually released. I am not quite sure just where in the world we are supposed to download the upgrades from. Logging into our license area now does not even show the 5.2.10 installation however it does still show 2 other licenses that we have active with 4.5.

Any suggestions here because I know that I am missing something really simple here and feel like a stupid idiot.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:54 AM

X-Guru

Hello Todd,

Upgrades are automatic in X-Cart 5. When there is an available upgrade your backend will display a notice at the top of the page. You can click on a link in the notice and go to a page where you can install the upgrade.

Although upgrades are automatic now, the process may go wrong due to server settings or installed custom modules. So, before installing any upgrades/updates you must create a full backup of your site (files + database). Just in case something goes wrong.

Also, there are two upgrade "waves": the first is a test one for developers and early adopters, and the second one ("merchant wave") is for live stores. At the moment the 5.2.11 version is available for sites in the first wave only. Please leave your site in the second wave (there is a switch) if you are not ready to deal with possible upgrade issues.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
toddpatterson (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
Hello Todd,

Upgrades are automatic in X-Cart 5. When there is an available upgrade your backend will display a notice at the top of the page. You can click on a link in the notice and go to a page where you can install the upgrade.

Although upgrades are automatic now, the process may go wrong due to server settings or installed custom modules. So, before installing any upgrades/updates you must create a full backup of your site (files + database). Just in case something goes wrong.

Also, there are two upgrade "waves": the first is a test one for developers and early adopters, and the second one ("merchant wave") is for live stores. At the moment the 5.2.11 version is available for sites in the first wave only. Please leave your site in the second wave (there is a switch) if you are not ready to deal with possible upgrade issues.

Thank you very much. So far I am liking the 5.2.x but I do really miss being able to edit the template files easily. Whereas before we could edit them right from the back end of xcart 4.x it looks like it is MUCH more difficult to find and edit these now.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:51 AM

Hi Slava

Thanks for update today to Loyalty Program. This did indeed fix my page display error on upgrade to 5.2.11

Andrew
Old 01-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan
Please check that your license key in the developer wave and clear marketplace cache http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Upgrading+X-Cart+5#UpgradingX-Cart5-Processofstoreupgrade

The installation is set to "developer mode". I don't know how I can check if the license key is in "developer wave". Isn't this something XC should check itself or set itself based on the "developer" setting?

This article doesn't have anything about "clear market place cache" but even after doing so still the same - the 5.2.11 upgrade is not showing.

So I am stuck to either wait for the merchant wave or install new copy of the 5.2.11. Cannot test any of the my modules to get them ready for 5.2.11. This same thing happened with 5.2.10 when its developer wave was released.

Does it matter that this is local installation not directly accessible from internet? It should not as I get other upgrades just fine.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 PM

Veteran

Ok here is the problem and this has to be a bug in the system. Checking directly in database the license key was set to "wave = 127" (merchant). Changing the setting from admin -> system settings -> environment had no effect at all - the database entry stays the same no matter what.

So I had to change the value manually directly in database and clear the marketplace cash to force the upgrade to show.

XC - check this bug. It is real. This installation started with 5.2.5 (or 6) and was always upgraded after that with the new releases.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:58 PM

Veteran

Well I have to say after upgrading to 5.2.11 I can't use the system anymore. The new modules fraud check locks me out.
I'll be sending you an email with details Max
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements