X-Cart 4.1.0 rc4 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
the demo is a pro version so you have to log in to provider area

provider / provider

I haven't been able to login as master/master or provider/provider so I tried admin/admin and it worked. Of course, as you point out that's why discounts and coupons were missing. I went into the provider and master users and set the passwords to provider and master respectively (even though the warnings had come up saying the passwords were the default) and I still can't log on as either of those users.

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com
Old 03-30-2006, 06:02 PM

eXpert

Guess what? They did put a switch in for the send to friend....
General settings> Appearance> The section 'Send to friend' on the Product details page is enabled. CHECKBOX
FINALLY!! I havent looked for the other options you named, but you are definitely naming off some things I would have!!

SEND TO FRIEND
please make this as a module that can be switched on and off
Old 03-30-2006, 09:18 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
I get an alert box appear when trying to edit the welcome text (txt_welcome) using the WYSIWYG editor.

Quote:
Advanced editor mode cannot be enabled, as this mode is available only in the following web browsers:
IE5.5+ (Windows)
Latest version of Netscape, Mozilla & Firefox (Windows)

It works fine when editing product descriptions. This happens in IE6 and Firefox.

Thank you. This will be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
If using the file system for images, where do you tell it to store them? The path option has gone!

It is no longer necessary to specify a directory for images, because now all the images are stored in the directory "xcart/images". Product thumbnails are stored in "xcart/images/T", category icons - in "xcart/images/C" etc.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:52 AM

How can you export/import products from 4.0.16 to 4.1.0 RC4?
The product CVS file from 4.0.16 gives a notification/warning in 4.1.0. RC4 "The file you are trying to import does not contain any sections."
and there are no products imported. Do I do something wrong or is there a special trick to do this? We have about 800 products in 4.0.16.

Thanks in advance,
Add-on: X-FeatureComparison
Add-on: X-SpecialOffers
Add-on: X-FancyCategories
Add-on: X-AOM
Add-on: X-GiftRegistry
Old 03-31-2006, 02:45 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm747
How can you export/import products from 4.0.16 to 4.1.0 RC4?
The product CVS file from 4.0.16 gives a notification/warning in 4.1.0. RC4 "The file you are trying to import does not contain any sections."
and there are no products imported. Do I do something wrong or is there a special trick to do this? We have about 800 products in 4.0.16.

Thanks in advance,

An upgrade patch for converting the database from the last version of the 4.0.x branch (at the moment that is 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 will be available after X-Cart 4.1.0 is released. Even if you do not wish to upgrade your X-Cart 4.0.16 to 4.0.18, you will need, nevertheless, to upgrade the database from 4.0.16 to 4.0.18 by applying the database patch patch.sql from the upgrade patches 4.0.16-4.0.17 and then 4.0.17->4.0.18. Then you should be able to upgrade from 4.0.18 to 4.1.0.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:10 AM

X-Guru

Svowl, would you mind adding your comments to my post.

I also noticed we are still not able to add a list price to a variant which causes the % saving to be lost.

I mentioned this a while ago. it was also discussed here http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=19439&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 03-31-2006, 05:32 PM

X-Adept

I installed a Pro version and have created a test product which shows up as admin or provider, but the store still doesn't show any products.

Obviously, I have made the product "Available for sale" (set it at 1000 qty. etc.) and have even tried using the direct link to the product... no luck. Store is still empty???

Any ideas? Anyone seen this? Is there something I am missing in 4.1 that is diff. than previous versions?

**NOTE** : I just re-installed with sample products and when I changed a products category- it disappeared and repeats the same issue that I mentioned above... as I changed nothing but the category (after changing the default provider in the products table), it appears to be the case.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-31-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffowler
I installed a Pro version and have created a test product which shows up as admin or provider, but the store still doesn't show any products.

Obviously, I have made the product "Available for sale" (set it at 1000 qty. etc.) and have even tried using the direct link to the product... no luck. Store is still empty???

Any ideas? Anyone seen this? Is there something I am missing in 4.1 that is diff. than previous versions?

**NOTE** : I just re-installed with sample products and when I changed a products category- it disappeared and repeats the same issue that I mentioned above... as I changed nothing but the category (after changing the default provider in the products table), it appears to be the case.

Thanks,

Mike

i had the same problem, go to the tools page in xcart and do the "force regenerate cache" or something like that. it fix it for me

vulcanworks.net
Old 04-01-2006, 02:36 AM

X-Adept

Thanks, but no luck. Quite bizarre.. any other ideas?

- Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 PM

Advanced Member

Default Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

Hello all..
well, I was testing this last release and I found out a problem in the checkout and payment step.

#1 - When You are in the checkout step Yo can't change language
#2 - In the payment details, if You choose a language different from english, paymet method are always in english. In example (bank transfer)..

Can it be fixed?
thank You
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements