Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 PM

X-Adept

Be sure to apply the patch regarding import/export that svowl linked in this thread. Also, no sense complaining about stability of 4.1- it ISN'T stable. 4.1was released so us users could ontinue to develop, test and improve it.

Use 4.0.18 for more stability and/or wait until the 4.1 series is listed as stable.

- Mike
Old 04-20-2006, 02:21 PM

I emailed you 2 text files with some notes about them. Let me know if this helps you.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:23 PM

mffowler is right, the patch found previously on this thread should get rid of the export problems you're having.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:38 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
I emailed you 2 text files with some notes about them. Let me know if this helps you.
Thank you, I appreciate it very much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
mffowler is right, the patch found previously on this thread should get rid of the export problems you're having.
mffowler is absolutely correct. After applying that patch, my export went through without a hiccup.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Cheers
-Tuan
Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Advanced Member

Default 4.1 Problems on the user name!

4.1 Problems on the user name!

First at all I have a new fresh instalation. 4.1
Profile Details section (admin)

Hi Iam having hard time to find the way to change my user name(administrator). The system doesn't let me change! It's showing me master and I can not select the box to make the change.
I click on the master name and than I have my information and Username * master and no option to change that name...Can someone help me out!

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 PM

X-Adept

I'm still at 3.5... should I wait for 4.1.x to be more stable? I would like to upgrade to 4.x but it looks like 4.0.x still doesn't provide the best support to import 3.x databases?

This is for a live store.

I guess I could to the grunt work and get a 4.1 store going in the background until the 4.1.x branch is more stable?
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: 4.1 Problems on the user name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelox7
4.1 Problems on the user name!

First at all I have a new fresh instalation. 4.1
Profile Details section (admin)

Hi Iam having hard time to find the way to change my user name(administrator). The system doesn't let me change! It's showing me master and I can not select the box to make the change.
I click on the master name and than I have my information and Username * master and no option to change that name...Can someone help me out!

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo

Create a new admin user, logout, login with the new one, then delete the default master/admin.

- Mike
Old 04-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Login problems after installation

Hi,

I just tried to install 4.1. After successfully putting everything up, I find that I cannot login to the admin area using username 'master' and password 'master'. After combing the forums, I tried creating a new customer, but then I can't login the customer as well. So I tried to recover my passwords, and I get blank fields in the password in the email sent to me for both accounts. I checked the database and encrypted password is there for both accounts and I get the consistent encrypted value for the same password (i created a few more customers). My suspicion is that blowfish function is encrypting my passwords well but is not effectively decrypting my passwords. Can anyone help with this issue. I am using PHP 5.0.4, MySQL 5.0.16 in Solaris environment.
Thanks.
X-Cart version 4.1.0
Old 04-21-2006, 07:23 PM

Default I'm ready To buy

It's time for x-cart to take some action in the competive e-commerce world. This bug stuff has to end. There are many award winning solutions available bug free. I love x-cart and currently using other programs also. I'm very interested in the new version but can not wait 6 months to a year to get it right from what I have seen in the past, It is not up to the users to weed through the software to find the problems. Our business is at stake here, get it right as the leaders in the industry.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:53 PM

X-Adept

Yeah, I use to complain too. But it's really love it or leave it. This is the XC forum and it just isn't constructive to complain in the "News..." (there are better places for that).

And this isn't even a listed stable version... any rant or rave a this point is completely fruitless and should just be deleted. Now constructive comments would be more than welcome so this version can be improved.

- Mike
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements