Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

xpayments Cron help please

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: xpayments Cron help please

Hi on a personal note i had some many problems with cron, even my host had problems getting it to execute, In the end QT sorted it but they had to modify a couple of the xpayments files, so i would personally put a ticket in with QT, they didn't charge me for it and its working, i still get error emails but don't get the error message in xpayments backend....

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Advanced Member

I am very very very upset. Qualiteam support says in order for them to help me install the cron.php and get it working I need to buy support. I find this to be in increadibly bad taste. The documentation and coding is not sufficient for it to install properly.

I called my hosting company and they said there is an problem in the coding and they cannot get it working after hours of being on the phone.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM

X-Adept

I have to say I am with handson web hosting and they tried in vain to get this cron working without success, what they were doing was correct and they wern't having errors there side but still had error in xpayments admin, in the end QT had to go in and alter these files -

- <xpay-dir>/top.inc.php
- <xpay-dir>/lib/XPay/Controller/Cron/Main.php
- <xpay-dir>/lib/XPay/Model/Payment.php

I am know were near technical enough to understand all this, but if QT had to go in and alter their code surly this may lay were the problem is at...but again i don't know as i am not tech enough....

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Veteran

If you are with one of the recommended XC hosts they will know what to do
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
I have to say I am with handson web hosting and they tried in vain to get this cron working without success, what they were doing was correct and they wern't having errors there side but still had error in xpayments admin, in the end QT had to go in and alter these files -

This would be extra work for you and Hands-On - but did you ever have them look at the changes that QT had to make to get it to run? Hands-On is a very responsive, recommended hosting provider, yet it was reported in this thread that the issues were hosting related. To complicate, I have the cron running on a Hands-on VPS without having to modify the files reported (with the exception of the optional change I reported in post 22) - so something is unusual here.

Hands-on and QT may be able to explain why changes were required to X-Payments files in this instance on a recommended hosting provider, and it could be useful information to others having difficulty setting up this cron.

---
Old 07-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Advanced Member

I have been with bluehost for years. They have always been able to get ANYTHING I installed working with minimal effoirt and downtime. The x-payments cron has been the ONLY thing they have struggled with. Their server experts told me the problem is in the coding and needs to be corrected by the "supplier of the software"
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 AM

Advanced Member

Support will NOT help me with this problem even though my hosting company said it was a problem with the coding of the files: I got this from qualiteam. This ia a joke!

I'm writing to you regarding the recent complaint concerning the X-Payments issue. We did receive the access information you posted, thank you. But as you were informed, a profound issue investigation is needed, which requires techsupport service activation.

We are willing to provide assistance as soon as possible and would appreciate your prompt attention to the matter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 AM

X-Cart team

I am really sorry that we can't provide you with free support for your free X-Payments license we gifted you a couple of years ago.
X-Payments product manager
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM

Advanced Member

Well It's one thing if I don 't know what I'm doing with web design coding and what not and need help getting it working. But when the engineers at my hosing company can't get it working claiming there is an error in my coding I can't see how that's good business. Quote me a reasonable tech support fee to get it working and I am good for it but I can't see spending $300 for what appears to be a problem with the actual coding. Cut me a little slack on that. Work with me here
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM

X-Cart team

We published two types of incident support for X-Payments. They are way cheaper than $300 you were quoted
https://secure.qtmsoft.com/customer.php?type=T%252CP&area=purchase_services&t arget=products_by_brand&subject=20

Also, I am to publish a knowledge base article about resolving some cron.php problems during next several business days. It should help, too.
X-Payments product manager

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
gb2world (07-11-2012), qualiteam (07-17-2012)
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions