Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Using XC 4.5.5 and XP 1.0.6

I see the folder for the module One Page Checkout in the modules directory, but I sure do not see it in the modules section of the admin.

Did I miss something?

For version & mods installed, see post.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 AM

And then... how do I get this to happen? Found this in the 4.5.4 release thread but can not get the iframe to pop up like that. All I can get is the customer to be taken to another page.

http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/blog/__PayPal_Advanced.png

Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Using XC 4.5.5 and XP 1.0.6

I see the folder for the module One Page Checkout in the modules directory, but I sure do not see it in the modules section of the admin.

Did I miss something?

It doesn't appear under Modules. It appears under General Settings. There is an option called "Preferred checkout module" that has a dropdown menu for you to choose One Page or Fast Lane Checkout. I believe it is set to One Page by default.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA

The following user thanks jillsybte for this useful post:
Danimal (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 AM

eXpert

Quote:
When is using PayPal Pro on XC 4.5.5 and XP 1.0.6, I don't understand why it shows like this.

Personal Check
PayPal (with logo so they log in with their paypal account)
PayPal (this should say Credit Card!)

I do not understand why it is set to say PayPal by default on that third option.

*it's too early in the morning for this*

I have a 4.1.8 store and it did pretty much the same thing when I first set up PayPal Pro. Both PayPal options (Express Checkout and Credit Card methods) displayed as "PayPal Pro." I changed the display names accordingly in the admin section so it wouldn't be confusing for customers.
USA

Danimal (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 AM

eXpert

Quote:
PayPal (this should say Credit Card!)
You should be able to change the name "PayPal" to "Credit Card" under Setting > Payment Methods

The following user thanks Toora Designs for this useful post:
Danimal (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM

I took a few hours off and went on a girly trip to town. That helped clear my mind.

Thank you for all the tips. I am off to work this out!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM

I feel like I am using this thread as my personal rant. But this one has me totally ticked. AGAIN, my ISP has changed my IP address. I have no control over this. And I go to back up my database and this! AGAIN! This is the most annoying damn feature I have ever seen.

Quote:
Access to the resource you are requesting is allowed only for registered IP addresses. The IP address you are currently using is not registered with the system. A request for registering your IP address has been sent to your email.

Error ID: 82

Is there a way to turn this off? Or is there a good reason it should be there?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM

eXpert

I believe you can fix this in config.php file http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Config.php#Restricting_access_to_the_store.27 s_back_end_by_IP
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM

eXpert

Quote:
I feel like I am using this thread as my personal rant. But this one has me totally ticked. AGAIN, my ISP has changed my IP address. I have no control over this. And I go to back up my database and this! AGAIN! This is the most annoying damn feature I have ever seen.

Is there a way to turn this off? Or is there a good reason it should be there?

For 4.5.5, line 312 in config.php:
Code:
const BLOCK_UNKNOWN_ADMIN_IP

I believe this was set to FALSE by default. Did you change it to TRUE? If it's set to FALSE, you shouldn't be seeing the error you're seeing when your IP address changes.

Personally, I like this feature, but I'm fortunate to have an ISP that doesn't change my IP address that often (I've had my current address for over 6 months now). When my IP address does change, X-Cart sends me an email with a link to click to register the new IP address.

The feature does add a bit more security, but you can also change the .htaccess files in your admin and provider directories to allow access only to your IP address. Again, though, this is a pain if your ISP is constantly changing your address.
USA

Danimal (02-28-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM

Veteran

So my first attemp to install fresh 4.5.5 few days ago failed. All kinds of errors. Downloaded new installation package today and tried again - the faster installation ever. No issued. Not sure if the installation pack was re-uploaded with fixes or something went wrong the first time I copied it...

Still doing some tests but so far so good from what I can see. This is fresh instalaltion not an upgrade so the upgrade may have all kinds of problems.

Modifying products does not produce 404 page, neither new or existing products. What I see though on the modify product is that after click on apply changes the modify product script calls caterories rebuild for some reason (although changing categoires cannot be done from product modify page) and this slows down page load and it may also cause the 404 error

Quote:
Rebuilding the subcategory blocks cache (all categories, 3 membership levels and 1 languages): . . .

Not sure why this needs to be there...

As mentioned before some - Affiliate graphic banners and Library items for Affiliate media-rich banners - have images set to DB even though I specifically selected File System when installing...

I have huge 2CheckOut commercial ad banner on payment methods page in admin - Did I installe free software? No I did not. Should I see commercial in it? No I should not... I am ok with QT announcement about newly released modules or upgrades or patches... but honestly I do not want to see advertisement in paid XC version. I know - next step is QT will start selling ad space in XC admin area...

Some admin settings are set correctly as per country I selected when installing the cart but some are not - country selected USA and "working week starts from" is set to Monday, time format is set to 24hrs. Yes I like it as 24 hrs and to me Monday is the logical choice but not in USA...

Still seeing this

Quote:
RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} !^401$
in Clean URL settings for htaccess file - this line caused problems before and I do not see why it should be there anyway

And the biggest issue from before to me at least - address book - still the same way - hardcoded fields with no way to add anything between to make the address comply with the standards, whatever they are...

Bestsellers still depends on Adv Statistics module we all know this module must stay off or the cart is a snail... Bestsellers should depend on actual orders not on statistics. Something is a bestseller not because its page was viewed 1000000 times but because it was bought 1000000 times...
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements