Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.6 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-26-2007, 12:13 AM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart 4.1.6 released

X-Cart 4.1.6 is now available for downloading from your File area along with the upgrade kits that will take you from X-Cart 4.1.0-4.1.5 to 4.1.6.

To access the upgrade patch, log into the Help Desk, go to the 'My Licenses' section, find the license of the X-Cart that you wish to upgrade and click on the 'Get upgrade pack' link.

Changelog between 4.1.5 and 4.1.6:

Quote:
Thu Jan 25 11:44:41 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: QuickBooks export module did not export orders with applied discounts correctly. Fixed.

Thu Jan 25 10:03:50 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Product search mechanism could not find a product correctly if that product had keywords and those keywords were defined on the Product details page, but not defined in the International descriptions section. Fixed.

Wed Jan 24 14:20:07 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: In X-Cart PRO stores with X-SpecialOffers add-on module, all products that could trigger a special offer were marked with "Special offer" labels when displayed in the Products list - regardless of whether they belonged to the provider who created the special offer.

Mon Jan 22 14:48:19 MSK 2007 [!] - twice - Bug: Image verification worked incorrectly when UPS address verification was used. Fixed.

Mon Jan 22 14:00:16 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: PHP warnings were displayed when all the available languages were disabled. Fixed.

Mon Jan 22 11:32:51 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: In Product configurator module, when a product selected for a certain configuration step had product variants, and the selected variant had an image, the product's thumbnail image was displayed on the Step page instead of the appropriate product variant image. Fixed.

Mon Jan 22 10:51:09 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: A provider could delete/update taxes and tax rates of other providers in X-Cart PRO version. Fixed.

Mon Jan 22 10:09:55 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: Triple Deal payment module updated.

Thu Jan 22 09:12:00 MSK 2007 [*] - svowl - Canada Post shipping module updated: the test server is no longer available.

Fri Jan 19 12:17:34 MSK 2007 [!] - twice - Bug: USPS shipping label generator did not use customer last name in a few label types. Fixed.

Thu Jan 18 10:38:19 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Company state was displayed on the Order invoice when the country did not have any states. Fixed.

Thu Jan 18 10:17:23 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: Shipping methods list updated for Australia Post shipping module.

Thu Jan 18 09:42:58 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: Production server URL updated for CanadaPost shipping module.

Thu Jan 18 09:22:16 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: func_search_products() function did not search for products correctly if the provider of the products being searched for was disabled and the version of X-Cart was PRO. Fixed.

Tue Jan 16 12:06:09 MSK 2007 [*] - twice - Improvement: GD check-up added for Image verification module.

Tue Jan 16 10:55:28 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Register page did not work correctly if a user who was not logged in opened a URL like '<xcart_path>/register.php?mode=update' and tried to register as a new user on that page. Fixed.

Tue Jan 16 10:13:54 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Unique IDs were not generated correctly for new speed bar elements. Fixed.

Tue Jan 16 09:42:35 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: The default state was displayed in the 'Shipping state' field of the Register page. Fixed.

Mon Jan 15 12:23:52 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: A hardcoded option added to the script performing export to QuickBooks to fight wrong interpretation of the EOL symbol in QuickBooks on MacOS systems. Fixed.

Mon Jan 15 11:37:16 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Product thumbnail and image were not displayed correcty on the Modify product page. Fixed.

Mon Jan 15 09:57:56 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: When several product variants of a certain product were being updated on the Modify product variants page (the user selected the checkboxes for some variants and clicked the button 'Update'), the default wholesale price (for the product quantity "1" and the membership "All") from the hidden section 'Modify wholesale prices for selected variants' replaced the default price of all the selected product variants. Fixed.

Fri Jan 12 10:27:44 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: 'max_join_size' SQL-option was not defined correctly. Fixed.

Fri Jan 12 10:12:12 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: A customer was redirected from HTTPS to HTTP if he or she used a payment module that was supposed to use HTTPS protocol. Fixed.

Fri Jan 12 09:37:49 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: FedEx import procedure did not import rates if the rate file contained unreadable symbols in a rate name. Fixed.

Thu Jan 11 15:02:00 MSK 2007 [!] - svowl - Improvement: Two new buttons, 'Test Callback URL' and 'Test Google Checkout accessibility', added on the 'General settings/Google Checkout options' page to allow the store admin to test accessibility callback URL for Google Checkout and accessibility Google Checkout server with the specified Merchant ID and Merchant key values.

Thu Jan 11 14:18:13 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: HTML catalog builder function did not process correctly JS-based links with a 'self.location' fragment. Fixed.

Thu Jan 11 12:05:32 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: FedEx import procedure did not work correctly if the web server was working on Windows platform. Fixed.

Thu Jan 11 10:48:27 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Airborne / DHL debug information contained personal data that was supposed to be cut out. Fixed.

Wed Jan 10 11:08:00 MSK 2007 [!] - svowl - Bug: Product weight was calculated wrongly for the procedure of gathering shipping labels from USPS (Shipping Label Generator module). Fixed.

Wed Jan 10 11:15:28 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Product thumbnail and image were not deleted on the Product modify page if the product being edited was a configurable one. Fixed.

Wed Jan 10 10:27:53 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: The procedure of registering a new user caused an SQL error if the user clicked the 'Submit' button twice and Javascript was disabled in the user's web browser. Fixed.

Tue Jan 09 13:56:30 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Products' "order by" fields were not saved in data import procedure. Fixed.

Tue Jan 09 14:15:00 MSK 2007 [*] - svowl - UPS OnLine Tools module updated according to the recent changes in the UPS OnLine Tools API.

Tue Jan 09 09:47:50 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: func_products_in_cart() function was called with a wrong user membership id in some places. Fixed.

Mon Jan 08 12:04:00 MSK 2007 [*] - svowl - Google Checkout Sandbox URL changed; some minor corrections included into Google Checkout module.

Mon Jan 08 10:04:31 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: The shopping cart page caused a Smarty error if the cart contained a subscription product. Fixed.

Fri Jan 05 16:19:55 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Some payment modules did not check the transaction amount and/or currency in callback processing. Fixed.

Fri Jan 05 12:05:47 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: The 'Reset' button did not work correctly on the Users search page and Orders search page. Fixed.

Fri Jan 05 11:04:11 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Product details page caused a Javascript error in IE browser if the product had a variant with a negative quantity. Fixed.

Fri Jan 05 10:43:53 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: 'Suspend transactions that have not passed AVS check-up' option added for Linkpoint payment module.

Fri Jan 05 10:21:48 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: Product details page caused a PHP warning sometimes if the product had options. Fixed.

Fri Jan 05 10:13:36 MSK 2007 [!] - max - Bug: The validation routine for import fields of the 'price' type did not work correctly (values in a wrong format could be imported as prices). Fixed.

Thu Jan 04 15:24:00 MSK 2007 [*] - svowl - The warning "Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates" that used to be displayed for all the successful responses from UPS OnLine Tools Rates and Service Selection is ignored during the processing of the response now.

Thu Jan 04 09:16:21 MSK 2007 [!] - twice - Bug: Image verification did not work correctly on the Contact Us page. Fixed.

Thu Jan 04 09:16:21 MSK 2007 [*] - max - Improvement: Personal firstname /lastname is now substituted for Customer firstname / lastname in the Billing / Shipping address section if the respective field in the Billing / Shipping address section is empty.

Thu Dec 28 15:52:00 MSK 2006 [!] - svowl - Bug: Free shipping (as a bonus provided by a special offer) was not applied if the cart also contained products that did not satisfy the conditions of the special offer. Fixed.

Thu Dec 28 13:41:24 MSK 2006 [!] - max - Bug: PayPal payment module did not check the transaction amount in callback processing. Fixed.

Thu Dec 28 09:52:00 MSK 2006 [!] - svowl - Bug: Order discount was always calculated based on a fresh discount defined currently instead of a discount saved in the order data during order modification (X-AOM). Fixed.

Thu Dec 28 09:32:55 MSK 2006 [!] - max - Bug: Root provider could not import any sections. Fixed.

Wed Dec 27 09:54:05 MSK 2006 [!] - twice - Bug: Shipping rate calculations were performed incorrectly for Guam and Virgin Islands by USPS which was caused by a different from other shipping methods' interpretation of Guam and Virgin Islands status (states of a country or separate countries?). Fixed.

Wed Dec 27 09:08:53 MSK 2006 [!] - twice - Bug: A user was redirected to the password recovery page after the first incorrect log-in attempt (when Image verification was disabled). Fixed.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.6 released

Thanks for the new release. Let's give it a try.

X-Cart Gold 4.1.8 (Live & Loaded)
Royal Bhaktapur: Handmade products from Nepal - Pashmina's, scarfs, shawls, stola's and more...
Old 01-26-2007, 03:57 PM

X-Guru

4.1.6 was a very easy upgrade for me (from 4.1.5)... HOWEVER -- it appears that while trying to fix the Image Verification problem on the CONTACT US page, it is now totally broken.

In 4.1.6 now, if I have image verification enabled, CONTACT US keeps rejecting the verification number as "not matched" -- the customer can not contact us.

I have disabled this "feature?"

I am submitting a bug report.

ADDITIONALLY -- I have yet to get Google Checkout to work. I guess I will blow some tech support points on this??? All the tests come back "positive" until it's time to actually checkout with a live transaction, and it returns an error -- can't communicate with Google Checkout" or something like that...

DOES ANYONE have Google Checkout working for real in their x-cart store? URL, please? Maybe I'll buy something...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Advanced Member

Tech support got my Google Checkout working for me on 4.1.5. I would assume those files would be in this new release? I'm wondering if I should just stick with 4.1.5 for now?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC
Tech support got my Google Checkout working for me on 4.1.5. I would assume those files would be in this new release? I'm wondering if I should just stick with 4.1.5 for now?

I had the identical GC error in 4.1.5 - so I wouldn't blame 4.1.6 for my issue. I am in no hurry to get GC working, but it would be nice to offer, as it's free.

The 4.1.6 upgrade was EXTREMELY easy... I only had to manually patch 3 files (and the 4th, I won't let x-cart near -- my credit card gateway file!). Let's put it another way: If you got to 4.1.5, 4.1.6 should be a piece of cake. Come back in 20 minutes and tell me how easy it was for you.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:31 AM

Advanced Member

Hi

I'm having the same problem as carpeperdiem noted in the above post. The problem is not just related to the contact us form. If a customer enters the wrong image verification code on the contact us form and gets the image verification error, and then trys to register an account, the image verification error will also be displayed during the registration and the customer cannot create an account.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:48 AM

X-Adept

Upgrading to 4.1.6 was a breeze, only 4 files to do myself.

I'll test the Image Verification & edit this post.

[EDIT]
Or so I thought. Upon trying to Log into my Admin Area, I get the following error:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/uumlfvno/public_html/shop/include/login.php on line 388"

Uploading login.php from the main Distro sorted that. Thank God.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
Image Verification worked fine for me:

"Your message was successfully sent to our support team. We will reply to you shortly."

AHA!

If you type the code in ALL UPPERCASE, then you get the error!

I changed the code in mine so lowercase would work, but it seems they've b0rked uppercase.

I'll report this as a bug too, hopefully they'll realise it's more wide-spread and work on it.

Hmmm, seemed fine for me on my Registration Page, even with all caps.
[/EDIT2]
Free Mods: Colour Coded Orders, FAQ Manager
Paid Mods: None... yet.
Server: Linux, Apache: 2.2.15 (Unix), MySQL: 5.0.90-community, PHP: 5.2.13
Old 01-27-2007, 11:42 AM

Advanced Member

I did a clean install, because I wanted to move to my root directory anyway, so I figured I would install there, and if it blew up on me, I still had 4.1.5 in a subdirectory that I could move up. So far, so good. I'm not having the captcha issues, and Google Checkout appears to be working well. I'm just updating my mods now, but everything SO FAR looks great. I don't use a lot (actually ANY) of variants, so my setup is pretty straightforward. If I find anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

UPDATE:

OK, I'm not sure if this has to do with the new version, or maybe it is just a setting somewhere, but my header is disappearing during checkout..that's problem #1. Also, if I'm not logged in as a customer and click "Checkout" it appears I'm being sent directly to the account creation form, without the option of logging in anywhere? Is this maybe just a template problem from copying my existing skin over?

UPDATE 2: I can't checkout...hit submit and nothing happens.

UPDATE 3: Was a problem with the home.tpl in the fast lane checkout. Upped the one I got with 4.1.6 and all is good so far..
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 PM

eXpert

Got the upgrade done, not having image verification issues that I know of.
Google almost works... fails when it tries to commit the order to x-cart, but charges the credit card regardless... anyone else with this issue?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
Got the upgrade done, not having image verification issues that I know of.
Google almost works... fails when it tries to commit the order to x-cart, but charges the credit card regardless... anyone else with this issue?

OK, I thought it was me - same here. It goes through the whole process, then after you click place order on Google, it comes back to xcart and hangs for a bit, then says transaction declined, but the order is created in both google and xcart. On mine, the items remain in the shopping cart, so I'm able to checkout again and again, thinking it was declined. I did notice that the callback it's using is NOT https:, even though it is specified in the setup. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but I really need to get this going ASAP. What sucks is...I had this working on 4.1.5!!
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements