Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart 4 Vs X-Cart 5 SEO

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 12-21-2016, 08:38 AM

X-Adept

Default X-cart 4 Vs X-Cart 5 SEO

I used X-cart a few years ago and switched over to pinnacle cart because the upgrades on X-cart were such a massive pain on a custom store... I always had great results in google using X-cart but since moving to pinnacle its been nothing but terrible.

So I'm ready to jump ship and move back to X-Cart..

Does anyone have experience with both platforms? Does one work better at getting higher listing in google ?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:45 PM

X-Man

Default Re: X-cart 4 Vs X-Cart 5 SEO

I personally think X-cart 4 is better for SEO at this point. Especially if you use CDSEO. Our clients have better results with 4 so far. X-cart 5 will likely get there but I don't think it is quite yet.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!

The following user thanks BCSE for this useful post:
totaltec (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 04:27 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

I would say that now more than ever SEO is not only about covering those basics like tags, descriptions, links. It is more and more about the content.

Google is trying hard to evaluate the sites as if it were a real human being hence for example stress on mobile friendliness and apparent disregard for tags (even though there are still arguments about the latter)

So if you do not have the contents or it does not look good, you are highly unlikely to get anywhere even with all the bells a whistles. We recently received a complaint from a merchant regarding low rankings in Google and were amazed to see that he had pretty much nothing configured - no Clean URLs, meta descriptions, Sitemap or anything else.

Thus I do believe that right now you can make either of the platforms work if you are willing to invest time and effort into configuring and updating everything.

By the way, about mobile-friendliness, thanks to the support of Bootstrap and {less} all the templates created for X-Cart 5 are responsive out of the box, even custom ones, while for X-Cart 4 you would need to pick and choose or create your own or add the Mobile Skin module in order to make Google happy.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:58 PM

X-Cart team

I am not familiar with Pinnacle cart functionality. However, SEO is more about content writing and warning monitoring in Google developer tools, than about software functionality. Also, the performance is critical for your SEO ranks.

X-Cart 4 and X-Cart 5 has a lot of built-in features to make website SEO friendly, X-Cart 5 has all the features, which are supported by XC4 Moreover, XC5 is more SEO friendly for multilingual stores since every language uses the separate URL for every object: https://blog.x-cart.com/x-cart-5-3-2.html#clean-urls

Also, you need to make sure that you match the previous URLs with the new ones or configure 301 redirects.
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project