Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Changing link colours in speedbar

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-22-2004, 11:10 PM

eXpert

Default Changing link colours in speedbar

I'm not sure how to do this?
I set the link colours in skin1/CSS but I need the colours for the speed bar links to be diferent from the colours for the body links. Do I need to edit this in the head.tpl or can I add some code to the CSS to do this? If I do it in the head.tpl then how do I get the rollover colour?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:51 AM

X-Guru

create a new set of styles and apply them to the links in the speed bar

something like

Code:
NewA:link { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } NewA:visited { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } NewA:hover { COLOR: #550000; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } NewA:active { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; }

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-24-2004, 07:42 AM

eXpert

Thanks Shan you rock!

But I'm not sure how to do that, I don't know how to marry
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}">

with

Code:
<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> {if $speed_bar} <tr> <td valign=top align=right> <table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> <tr> {section name=sb loop=$speed_bar} {if $speed_bar[sb].active eq "Y"} <td>{include file="customer/tab.tpl" tab_title="`$speed_bar[sb].title`"}</td> <td width=1>[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> {/if} {/section} </tr> </table> </td> </tr> {/if} <tr> <td height=35 align=center class=HeadText> {if $config.Company.company_phone}{$lng.lbl_phone_1_title}: {$config.Company.company_phone}{/if}{if $config.Company.company_phone_2}{$lng.lbl_phone_2_title}: {$config.Company.company_phone_2}{/if}</td> </tr> </table>

If indeed those are to be married? I'm assuming I edit top_menu.tpl and how do i reference the new css entries? (not one of my strong points)
Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 AM

X-Man

I think you have to edit tab.tpl.

Just change whatever style it is pulling for the name of the new style you created.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:25 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
I think you have to edit tab.tpl.

Just change whatever style it is pulling for the name of the new style you created.

thats right

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-24-2004, 12:22 PM

eXpert

That's the problem, nowhere in tab.tpl is it showing where it's pulling styles:

Code:
<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> <tr> <td width=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_l.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> <td height=5 valign=bottom class=Tab>[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> <td width=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_r.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> </tr> <tr> <td width=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_l.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> <td width=85 height=30 class=Tab align=center>{$tab_title}</td> <td width=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_r.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> </tr> <tr> <td width=5 height=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_c1.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> <td height=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_b.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> <td width=5 height=5 background="{$ImagesDir}/tab_c2.gif">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</td> </tr> </table>
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 PM

X-Man

Code:
<td width=85 height=30 class=Tab align=center>{$tab_title}</td>

You need to add link markup in the css for the "tab" class.

IE
Code:
.Tab { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:link { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:visited { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:hover { COLOR: #550000; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } .Tab:active { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; }

Just add

Code:
.Tab:link { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:visited { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:hover { COLOR: #550000; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } .Tab:active { COLOR: #330000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; }

below your .tab entry in the skin1.css.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:07 PM

eXpert

adpboss... You just saved me about 45 years of study to figure that out, I never would have got it man, thank you so much! That was actually the hardest thing I've had to do in Xcart! I never would have got it.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:14 PM

X-Man

ok, now fix the thread title because it is totally useless to anyone searching for help.

Try to make your titles descriptive instead of self-depractory!

Edit the subject on your first post ok?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:54 PM

eXpert

OK this is really annoying now... I'm not trying to frustrate you guys but it didn't work. I even tried moving the TAB section above the A link section to see if that was an issue but NO GO, what the frigg am I doin' wrong?

Code:
.Tab { BACKGROUND-COLOR: #73004E; } .Tab:link { COLOR: #FFD44C; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:visited { COLOR: #FFD44C; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } .Tab:hover { COLOR: Aqua; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } .Tab:active { COLOR: #FFD44C; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } A:link { COLOR: Teal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } A:visited { COLOR: Teal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } A:hover { COLOR: Aqua; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } A:active { COLOR: Teal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; }

Sorry for the hassle.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design