Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Search Upgrade

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 07-21-2003, 07:00 PM

eXpert

Default Search Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I have modified the advanced search so that the customer can search not only the main categories, but also the first level of sub categories. For example currently x-cart has:
Code:
All Books CD - DVD - Video Computer hardware Electronics Games and toys Household Men Clothes Software Sport

I modified is so that it has the following:
Code:
All Books Books/Internet Books/Software CD - DVD - Video CD - DVD - Video/Subcat1 CD - DVD - Video/Subcat2 etc...

Here's how I did it. I modified categories.php by adding the following...
Code:
# # Mod: Get all main categories and level 1 subcatgories and store them in an array # $categories_data1 = func_query("select * from $sql_tbl[categories] where category NOT LIKE '%/%' and avail='Y' group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by order_by"); foreach ($categories_data1 as $key=>$value) { $categories_data2[$key][] = func_query("select * from $sql_tbl[categories] where category LIKE '".$value[category]."/%' and category NOT LIKE '".$value[category]."/%/%' and avail='Y' group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by order_by"); $categories_data2[$key][category] = strrchr($categories_data2[$key][category], "/"); }

Then I modified the customer/main/advancedsearch.tpl by replacing the drop down box code with the following:
Code:
<select name="in_category"> <option value="">All</option> {section name=cat_num loop=$categories_level_1} <option value="{ $categories_level_1[cat_num].categoryid}" {if $smarty.get.in_category eq $categories_level_1[cat_num].categoryid or $cat eq $categories_level_1[cat_num].categoryid}selected{/if}> {$categories_level_1[cat_num].category|escape} </option> {section name=cat_num1 loop=$categories_level_2} {if $categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].categoryid ne ""}<option value="{ $categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].categoryid}" {if $smarty.get.in_category eq $categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].categoryid or $cat eq $categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].categoryid}selected{/if}> {$categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].category|escape} </option>{/if} {/section} {/section} </select>

My question is this: Can anyone figure out how I can modify the subcategories so that only the subcategory shows up in the drop down box? So it would be -
Code:
All Books Internet Software CD - DVD - Video Subcat1 Subcat2 etc...

I would really appreciate any help I am brain farting at the moment. So, if you like code return a favor

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:15 PM

X-Man

{$categories_level_2[cat_num][0][cat_num1].category_name|escape}

I spend ages working that one out for a drop down menu system for a site.

Nice coding
Old 07-23-2003, 05:43 AM

eXpert

FD,

Thanks for the complement.

I tried implementing your solution. It printed the values of the select options, but not the select options.

I don't have a category_name column in my table (3.3.6) so that may be the problem. Here is a list of my xcart_categories table columns:

categoryid
image_x
image_y
category
description
meta_tags
avail
views_stats
order_by
membership
threshold_bestsellers

Any ideas?

Thanks again
Old 07-23-2003, 06:21 AM

X-Man

There isn't in mine either - but it does a little ditty with the dbase query in include/categories.php:

This may be missing from your coding
Old 07-23-2003, 06:28 AM

X-Man

My categories.php code: (version 3.4.2)

Code:
<? /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2003 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: categories.php,v 1.46.2.1 2003/06/02 11:57:44 svowl Exp $ # # # For users some categories may be disabled # if ($current_area == "C") { $membership_condition = " AND ($sql_tbl[categories].membership='$user_account[membership]' OR $sql_tbl[categories].membership='') "; } else { $membership_condition = ""; } $categories_data = func_query("select $sql_tbl[categories].*, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', -1) as category_name from $sql_tbl[categories] ".($current_area=="C"?"where $sql_tbl[categories].avail='Y' $membership_condition ":"")." group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by ".($current_area=="C" ? "order_by" : "category")); # # Put all categories into $all_categories array and find current_category # by categoryid stored in $cat # if(!$categories_data) $categories_data = array(); foreach($categories_data as $k=>$category_data) { if ($current_area == "C") { $int_res = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE code='$store_language' AND categoryid='$category_data[categoryid]'"); if ($int_res["category"]) $categories_data[$k]["category_name"] = $category_data["category_name"] = $int_res["category"]; if ($int_res["description"]) $categories_data[$k]["description"] = $category_data["description"] = $int_res["description"]; } if ($category_data["categoryid"]==$cat) { $current_category = $category_data; } // funkydunk code // funky if(strstr($category_data["category"],"/")) { $topcat=strtok($category_data["category"],"/"); // echo $topcat; // finds the first part of the cat name pre / $categories_data[$k]["topcat"]=$topcat; $topcat = ""; } // end } $all_categories = $categories_data; # # Put all root categories to $categories array # Put all subcategories of current_category to $categories array # foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $category=$all_category["category"]; $cur_dir_len = strlen($current_category["category"]); if(!strstr($category,"/")) { $categories[]=$all_category; if(empty($current_category)) { $subcategories[]=$all_category; } } if(substr($category,0,$cur_dir_len+1) == $current_category["category"]."/" and $category!=$current_category["category"]) if(!strstr(substr($category,$cur_dir_len+1),"/")) { $all_category["category"]=ereg_replace("^.*/","",$all_category["category"]); $subcategories[]=$all_category; } } # # Put subcategory_count to $subcategories array # if ($subcategories) foreach($subcategories as $key =>$subcategory) { $subcategory["subcategory_count"]=0; foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { if ($all_category["categoryid"]==$subcategory["categoryid"]) { $cur_dir_len = strlen($all_category["category"]); $current_subcategory=$all_category["category"]; } } foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $category=$all_category["category"]; if(substr($category,0,$cur_dir_len+1) == $current_subcategory."/" and $category!=$current_subcategory) if(!strstr(substr($category,$cur_dir_len+1),"/")) $subcategory["subcategory_count"]++; } $subcategories[$key]["subcategory_count"]=$subcategory["subcategory_count"]; } # # Generate category sequence, i.e. # Books, Books/Poetry, Books/Poetry/Philosophy ... # $current_category_array = explode("/",$current_category["category"]); $prev = $current_category_array[0]; list($key,$val)=each($current_category_array); $new_array = array($val); while(list($key,$val)=each($current_category_array)) { $new_array[] = $prev."/".$val; $prev = $prev."/".$val; } unset($current_category_array); # # Generate array for displaying categories sequence in location # $category_location=array(); reset($all_categories); $my_cats = array (); foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $categoryid=$all_category["categoryid"]; $category=$all_category["category"]; $my_cats [$categoryid] = $category; } asort ($my_cats); foreach ($my_cats as $categoryid => $category) { reset ($new_array); while(list($key,$val)=each($new_array)) { if ($val==$category) { foreach($categories_data as $category_data) { if ($category_data["categoryid"] == $categoryid) $val = $category_data["category_name"]; } $category_location[]=array(ereg_replace(".*/","",$val),"home.php?cat=".$categoryid); } } } # # Assign Smarty variables # $smarty->assign("allcategories",$all_categories); $smarty->assign("categories",$categories); $smarty->assign("subcategories",$subcategories); $smarty->assign("current_category",$current_category); $smarty->assign("cat",$cat); ?>

Then in the categories.tpl you could have something like:

Code:
{section name=cat_num loop=$categories} { $categories[cat_num].category|escape } {section name=cat_num1 loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[cat_num1].topcat eq $categories[cat_num].category_name} -{ $allcategories[cat_num1].category_name|escape } {/if} {/section} {/section}

This shows each main section then that section subsections under it...

Cat 1
- sub cat 1
- sub cat 2
Cat 2
- sub cat 3
- sub cat 4

etc

hth
Old 07-24-2003, 08:04 AM

eXpert

Heck yeah, it worked really well. I simply updated my SQL statement from:

Code:
$categories_data2[$key][] = func_query("select * from $sql_tbl[categories] where category LIKE '".$value[category]."/%' and category NOT LIKE '".$value[category]."/%/%' and avail='Y' group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by order_by");

To:
Code:
$categories_data2[$key][] = func_query("select $sql_tbl[categories].*, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', -1) as category_name from $sql_tbl[categories] where category LIKE '".$value[category]."/%' and category NOT LIKE '".$value[category]."/%/%' and avail='Y' group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by order_by");

Thanks a ton, I would have never of guessed to updated my SQL statement, I was stuck on a PHP solution.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:11 AM

X-Man

I do that...get caught up solving a really big issue and some smart r's comes along

BTW - if someone wants to use the code above to produce a javascript drop down menu (that's what I used it for - obviously stripped the JS out for this post) then feel free.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:14 AM

X-Adept

I didn't catch that the first 3 times, can you please repeat it?

Old 07-24-2003, 08:14 AM

X-Man

Yeah alright already, we heard you the first time

Someone prod funky he's gone into a loop.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 07-24-2003, 08:30 AM

X-Man

slight connection problem - just kept pressing submit

Code:
<?php $marlboro_light_supply = 20; while ($workrequired === "shedloads"){ $caffeine_level ++; $sleepmode = "false"; $mummified_state = "true"; $chocolate ++; $caffeine_level ++; $marlboro_light_supply = $marlboro_light_supply - 1; {if ($marlboro_light_supply < 2){ $panicMode = "true"; $go_to_Shops = "true"; $run_home_for_money = "true"; $marlboro_light_supply = 20; } } $sleepmode = "true"; ?>

welcome to my loop
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design