Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How do I right click protect my pictures???

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-04-2005, 04:14 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
This is a quick 1 line fix that will stop the quick pic grabber.

Code:
<body oncontextmenu="return false" onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return false">

That disables copy and paste all through the site including order forms via the menu, it annoys the hell out of customers so use wisely.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

X-Adept

I don't think you can stop anyone from stealing any digital/intellectual property. All you can do is punish the people who are legally trying to use your products. The only option is to trust the honesty of the masses (which is scary).

If you can see a picture on your screen, all you have to do is hit the print screen button, CTRL+V into Photoshop and crop it. Stolen. You don't even need to bother with the cache, or source code.

Same thing with software, with all of the challenge and response codes, it just punishes the legal user. Nothing is more annoying than having to get a response on a Saturday, only to find that you have to wait until business hours on Monday. If you would have just went to Kazza, Grokster, etc. you could have a hassle free working version (albeit stolen).

In the audio industry, software companies are using really intrusive copyright protections that work outside the OS and sometimes renders a hard drive unusable. I have heard of some people who buy a legal copy, but then use the cracked version just to save themselves the hassle of the copy protection.

People are going to steal you hard work, but it doesn't help to punish your good customers. Just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:43 AM

X-Adept

is there an easy mod to add a watermark?
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 04-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Yeah, i would like to know that too.. I'm scanning all the images I use and don't want others to use my work.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:51 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: How do I right click protect my pictures???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood
What has to be done to right click protect all of my product pictures???

I will suggest you check out www.simplythebest.net there are several free JavaScripts that you can use. I have used the script that you mentioned for my previous web before I switched to X-Cart...check it out, you will find it there.

Enjoy

- X-CART Gold (Current Version) V4.6
- Reboot
- CDSEO
Old 04-17-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Watermarks

If like most folks that take their own pics you edit them before posting them you can watermark them very simply in photoshop. If your photos are your products then you might want to visit http://www.digimarc.com/ and check out their solutions.

Alternatively you can make sure your online pics are a) the lowest resolution you can use that retains what you are attempting to convey and b) use the web palette of 256 colors. At 72 dpi with 256 colors very few pics are going to display properly at any size other than what you save them for. Makes them worthless to rip off for prints and saves on file sizes as well.
XCART 4.0.12
Old 04-17-2005, 10:42 PM

I hope my distributor never figures this out
They have the right click thing going on, as we're not supposed to use product images (but it hasn't stopped anyone), and if it wasn't for the litttle toolbar that popsup when you hover, i'd be prt scr, cropping all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Code:
<META http-equiv="Imagetoolbar" content="no">

and

Code:
<script language=JavaScript> <!-- //Disable right click script III- By Renigade (renigade@mediaone.net) //For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com var message=""; /////////////////////////////////// function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}} function clickNS(e) {if (document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) { if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}} if (document.layers) {document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;} else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;} document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false") // --> </script>
Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM

eXpert

I would like to paste the same code in my head.tpl file but I do not see the <head> tag in my version. Am I looking in the wrong file? skin1/head.tpl

Thanks for all help in advance. Shareen
X-Cart Version 4.5.0 with Smart Template vs 4.4.x
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM

eXpert

its in skin1/customer/home.tpl

but id have to say that right click protecting is pointless, since you can grab it in the cache, in firefox using page info, or using print screen
Old 05-15-2007, 09:44 AM

eXpert

Can someone please tell exactly where to put the right click java code on the home.tpl template? It is not working for me when I put it in the template. I get an error when I try to visit the site. Shareen
X-Cart Version 4.5.0 with Smart Template vs 4.4.x
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design