Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
I need some help from someone on this module.

I currently have the module installed and would love to create promo banners on the home page of my site and send them to the product page with the correct filters already applied. That way it brings the search right to what they need.

Is this possible and if not how can I do it?

It's not possible now but this feature was already requested some times so it's in our nearest plans. I believe we will implement it within a couple of weeks.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 AM

X-Cart team

Good new, everyone! New version of Refine Filters add-on is available in File Area.

Added:

* Ability to import filter-related values from a CSV file.

Module manual will be updated later today.

The following 2 users thank vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-01-2013), Online Michael (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Good new, everyone! New version of Refine Filters add-on is available in File Area.

Added:

* Ability to import filter-related values from a CSV file.

Module manual will be updated later today.

i have uploaded all new files to cover the old files, do i need to reinstall again with install-refine-filters.php, thanks

albert
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
i have uploaded all new files to cover the old files, do i need to reinstall again with install-refine-filters.php

No, install-refine-filters.php won't work for you. Since the files are already re-written, you need to actualize your DB structure by manually applying some queries. If you feel your skills aren't enough for that you may always contact our tecnical support team.

Alternatively, you may remove the module entirely then upload new one and install it using install-refine-filters.php. Please note that in this case all your module-related data (e.g. filters titles, filter parameters, module settings, custom filter classes & etc.) will be lost.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi,

I've been playing with the demo but the demo is pretty limited so its hard to tell the full capacity of the mod. We are using the On Sale and New Arrivals mods. Does the filter display and filter on the On Sale & New Arrival pages too? It only talks about category, manufacturer & search pages.

Also someone had mentioned on this thread being able to filter by categories and it was knocked back, but I wanted to pipe up and say that is a feature we would be looking for. It allows you to filter your manufacturer pages easier without repetitive extra fields to match your categories. When you have thousands of products in your store, eliminating any extra step or repetitive data field is essential.

Also if you are running multiple variants on products and one variant is out of stock (say a Small in a S/M/L choice), if "in stock only" is selected and the filter is selected for the variant Small that is out of stock, will that product display because it is has M&L available or will it not display because Small is out of stock?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 AM

X-Cart team

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinySoles
I've been playing with the demo but the demo is pretty limited so its hard to tell the full capacity of the mod. We are using the On Sale and New Arrivals mods. Does the filter display and filter on the On Sale & New Arrival pages too? It only talks about category, manufacturer & search pages.

By default, filters are displayed at category, manufacturer & search pages only. You may order our custom service to add it wherever you want it though.

Quote:
Also someone had mentioned on this thread being able to filter by categories and it was knocked back, but I wanted to pipe up and say that is a feature we would be looking for. It allows you to filter your manufacturer pages easier without repetitive extra fields to match your categories. When you have thousands of products in your store, eliminating any extra step or repetitive data field is essential.

This is how filters section looks like at a manufacturer page.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Jd6z4hc4QBLTZUOGpuQmVPaFU/edit?ups=drive_web

Since filters are tied to categories, you need to specify a category first then you'll see filters for the selected categories. Showing filters for all categories at one will hardly be helpfull.

Quote:
Also if you are running multiple variants on products and one variant is out of stock (say a Small in a S/M/L choice), if "in stock only" is selected and the filter is selected for the variant Small that is out of stock, will that product display because it is has M&L available or will it not display because Small is out of stock?

If "in stock only" filter is aplied, a product is shown as long as at least one variant of this product is in stock. So in your example, the product will be shown because M and L variants are available for purchase.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
I need some help from someone on this module.

I currently have the module installed and would love to create promo banners on the home page of my site and send them to the product page with the correct filters already applied. That way it brings the search right to what they need.

Is this possible and if not how can I do it?

We've added the ability to open a page with pre-selected filters. Now you can choose necessary filters, click "Show products", right-click at a new "URL" link at the left bottom corner of filters section and choose "Copy link location" (or similar) in the menu. Then you may open the link in another browser and make sure that it shows only the products you saw when copied the link. Also, the filter parameters are pre-selected.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 AM

X-Cart team

Forgot to say, new module packages are available in File Area.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM

X-Man

Did you update the help information according to this new feature?
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM

X-Man

@Vladimir: I worked with Sandra on Color Swatches + Icons + Detailed Images for Variants. We extended the work to use Icons on Options. If you remember one of my requests to you was to give more life to filter box in Front-End (color swatches for example). It is not a big deal. For a small amount or for free you can offer this new feature to all: Products Option Icons in Refine Filters.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements