Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes
 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 02-15-2018, 01:59 AM
 
aim aim is online now
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 739
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebueso
I just upgrade to Version 4.7.9 and the tacking buttom disappeared.

Applied the patch but still not working.

Hello,

The 'Track It' button is supported for these shipping methods only
australia_post
canada_post
courier1800c
dhl
fedex
ups
usps

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
josebueso (02-15-2018)
  #22  
Old 02-15-2018, 02:21 AM
 
josebueso josebueso is online now
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 361
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

The 'Track It' button is supported for these shipping methods only
australia_post
canada_post
courier1800c
dhl
fedex
ups
usps

Thank you.

Now I can confirm the tracking button is working as is suppose to work applying the latest patch.

Thanks QT for solving this issue.
__________________
Saul
x-cart 4.7.9 Gold Plus

www.uncionmusic.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-22-2018, 01:44 AM
 
Tim Soles Tim Soles is online now
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 124
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

We have successfully upgraded from 4.7.8 to 4.7.9 without any major issues and our site is running well.

There are 2 minor issues to mention:

Firstly, we have noticed that when manually creating a new product, after entering the Product Name, the Clean URL field is not being automatically populated.

It's a nuisance to have to populate this field manually.

Secondly, a minor issue which goes back to the previous version or earlier is that when manually creating a new product the Apply Taxes field is not highlighted by default. It is easy to miss this because the field does show the tax rate, but you need click on it to highlight it for it to apply.

Not sure if this is intentional? All our products have the same tax rate so from our perspective we would prefer that it was highlighted by default
__________________
Version 4.7.9
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks Tim Soles for this useful post:
aim (02-22-2018)
  #24  
Old 02-22-2018, 06:20 AM
 
aim aim is online now
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 739
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Soles
We have successfully upgraded from 4.7.8 to 4.7.9 without any major issues and our site is running well.

There are 2 minor issues to mention:

Firstly, we have noticed that when manually creating a new product, after entering the Product Name, the Clean URL field is not being automatically populated.

It's a nuisance to have to populate this field manually.

I cannot reproduce the problem
Please have a look
http://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus...uct_modify.php

Do you have JS errors on the product_modify.php page?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Soles

Secondly, a minor issue which goes back to the previous version or earlier is that when manually creating a new product the Apply Taxes field is not highlighted by default. It is easy to miss this because the field does show the tax rate, but you need click on it to highlight it for it to apply.

Not sure if this is intentional? All our products have the same tax rate so from our perspective we would prefer that it was highlighted by default

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have posted a ticket.
https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=49155
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-22-2018, 10:30 AM
  cflsystems's Avatar 
cflsystems cflsystems is offline
 

Veteran
  
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,202
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Soles
Secondly, a minor issue which goes back to the previous version or earlier is that when manually creating a new product the Apply Taxes field is not highlighted by default. It is easy to miss this because the field does show the tax rate, but you need click on it to highlight it for it to apply.

In /skin/common_files/main/product_details.tpl find

Code:
<option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option>

and replace with

Code:
<option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0 or $new_product eq 1} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option>

or if you need specific tax only selected (replace X with taxid)

Code:
{section name=tax loop=$taxes} <option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0 or ($new_product eq 1 and $taxes[tax].taxid eq 'X')} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option> {/section}
__________________
Steve Stoyanov
CFLSystems.com
Web Development
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
elmirage001 (02-23-2018)
  #26  
Old 02-26-2018, 04:19 AM
 
Tim Soles Tim Soles is online now
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 124
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

I have spent some time testing the automatic population of the URL field when manually creating a new product in different locations and with different browsers.

It turns out to be a local issue with IE in our Server 2012 r2 Essentials network. Firefox works OK but IE does not complete the URL field from the product description.

I think I am right in saying that the server software controls the security settings on the IE browsers within the network so that might be the issue?

Not a big issue, just an annoyance, so we will use Firefox instead.

[quote=aim]Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.



I cannot reproduce the problem
Please have a look
http://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus...uct_modify.php

Do you have JS errors on the product_modify.php page?
__________________
Version 4.7.9
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks Tim Soles for this useful post:
aim (02-26-2018)
  #27  
Old 02-27-2018, 05:18 AM
 
aim aim is online now
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 739
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Hello,

Please do not use HTTP protocol to youtube.com in product descriptions, otherwise, the videos will disappear.

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-25-2018, 12:14 AM
 
red_and_white red_and_white is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 69
 

Exclamation Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Hello all,
I made a fresh install of 4.7.9 version to test it.
PHP 7.2 on
When I click on the sign in link or on any link that is supposed to open a popup window I get this error:
An error occurred while processing a request. Please refresh the page.
If the problem still persists after refreshing the page please contact us on the matter.

In example the error occur even if I click on the button "ask a question about this product" in the product page.

Why?
__________________
X-cart 4.5.5
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:23 AM
 
aim aim is online now
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 739
 

Default Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_and_white
Hello all,
I made a fresh install of 4.7.9 version to test it.
PHP 7.2 on
When I click on the sign in link or on any link that is supposed to open a popup window I get this error:
An error occurred while processing a request. Please refresh the page.
If the problem still persists after refreshing the page please contact us on the matter.

In example the error occur even if I click on the button "ask a question about this product" in the product page.

Why?

Hello,

which browser do you use ?

Could you provide an URL to the site ?

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2018