Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Categories Menu - Showing Subcategories

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Advanced Member

Default 3 Levels!

Okay here we go people, I've managed to get it to 3 levels of categories, I need more time to get it down more because my store has 5 levels in some areas I'll keep you posted.
Here is the code for /customer/categories.tpl

Code:
{capture name=menu} {if $active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne ""} {include file="`$fancycategories_config.modules_path`/fancy_categories.tpl"} {else} {if $config.General.root_categories eq "Y"} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} {assign var=topmostcat value=$current_category.categoryid_path|regex_replace:"/\/.*/":""} {if $cat eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid || $topmostcat eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid} {$categories[cat_num].category} {else} {$categories[cat_num].category}<HR size="1" noshade class="CateMenuHr"> {/if} {if $cat eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid || $topmostcat eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid} {section name=subcat loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[subcat].parentid eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid} {if $cat eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid}{/if}{$allcategories[subcat].category}{if $cat eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid}{/if} {if $cat eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid || $allcategories[$cat].parentid eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid} {section name=subcat2 loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[subcat2].parentid eq $allcategories[subcat].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $subcategories[subcat2].categoryid} {if $cat eq $allcategories[subcat2].categoryid}{/if}{$allcategories[subcat2].category}{if $cat eq $allcategories[subcat2].categoryid}{/if} {/if} {/section} {/if} {/if} {/section} <HR size="1" noshade class="CateMenuHr"> {/if} {/section} {else} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} <FONT class="CategoriesList">{$subcategories[cat_num].category}</FONT> {/section} {/if} {/if} {/capture} {include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu}
Old 10-13-2005, 09:22 AM

eXpert

Wow. Copy, paste, move on! This is exactly what I needed! Thanks. Now I've gotta figure out how to get DSEFU mod to work with it.

Great work, thank you for sharing it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM

Advanced Member

Which is the DSEFU mod? Sorry
Old 10-13-2005, 03:21 PM

Veteran

Just get John to install the DSEFU mod for you. And alphastara, here's the link for the mod...essential in my book:

http://www.safetynetweb.com/Dynamic-Search-Engine-Friendly-URLs-pr-1.html
Old 10-13-2005, 03:53 PM

eXpert

Thanks Balinor. I already got John to install it once, and have gotten great support for his mod since. Just wish I didn't have to bother him every time I make a change to categories.tpl! And, yes, it is essential in my book too.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM

Advanced Member

Anyone help me with getting my last lot of code to one more level depth? I have been trying to use regex_replace etc to get root cat level of subcats which works fine but i need to find 2nd top cat for the subcats...if that makes sense

Anyway, if i go 4 sub cats deep it still opens up the root cat menu so that isn't too bad...
Old 10-29-2005, 03:28 AM

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:13 PM

thanks so much for the mod!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:09 AM

X-Adept

please post when you have more levels of sub-category depth

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 11-03-2005, 12:53 PM

Advanced Member

Hey, I just implemented Alphastara's code, near the bottom of page 3, and it works like a charm (all praise Alphastar! I want, though, to have the sub menu open at all times. Does anyone know how to change the code to make that happen?

I would appreciate someone letting me know how. Perhaps others would like the same thing....(shrug)

www.vidaville.com
Xcart Gold 4.0.16
platform - Windows
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions