Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischall
We have just installed Refine Filters on a 4.5.5 shop but for some reason the OrderBy on Product Class Options does not work? I have tried doing cleanup.php in case there is some caching going on but doesnt seem to help? Any ideas and is this working for everyone else?

Hi Chris

I suppose you mean than attributes in a filter should be ordered as same as product options in a product class. Right?

I am not sure wether I explained it here in this thread or somewere else but due to the module architecture it's not possible. Instead of explaining the tech details, I'll give you one example:

First product has "Color" option class with "Red", "Green" and "Blue" options. Second product has the same class with same options but they ordered differently: "Blue", "Red", "Green". Which order should X-Cart take into consideration while generating "Color" filter?

NEvertheless, we understand the issue and are planning to add a facility to sort filters attributes.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 04:18 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
I am missing (qty) information beside each of the filters.
Once I click on a filter box, it should dynamically update the rest of the filters displaying available quantities with that filter applied, and so on.

I would also like to see instant dynamic product display once you click on a filter box. This should be possible via ajax.
Why do I have to click on a filter and then click on show ?

These features are planned to be inplemented soon.

Quote:
I hope that you can enable and disable filters within product class options (feature comparison) for each option within the class.

Not sure I understand. Please could you elaborate?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
It could be an AJAX for refreshing page according to the filters, but ...

If you have tons of attributes like brands, sizes, ... imagine that you have to wait the results for every check of the box. This is time consuming, as it is now, RefineFilters allows you to change your mind without reloading page content, you can enable/disable filter attributes without that time consuming. Without seeing this in practice is very hard to decide. I agree AJAX is OK, but imagine you are looking for a motherboard, there are a lot of attributes like brand, socket, size, RAM, ... As you suggest I have to wait page reloading for every attribute, I cannot choose fast two attributes and see the result. It is only one page per selection. I did this on many websites and I got tired, becoming very hungry.

I'm with you, for huge variations and attributes. But, for stores with just a few key filters, it should be optional.
Power filter does this elegantly. You can set "Ajax" as an option. So, if you have a huge store, disable it.

The big guys like "bestbuy" show (qty) for each selected filter. Granted, it reloads each page...

If I am to select a filter like "RAM", I would like to see immediately the store has (xx) 16gB and (yy) 32gB RAM available without having to click 2 times in order to see (qty)

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko

I hope that you can enable and disable filters within product class options (feature comparison) for each option within the class.

Not sure I understand. Please could you elaborate?

I attached a screen shot of the product class configuration screen to clarify how you can control each attribute within each product class to enable/disable them for filtering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frefine-filter.jpg (97.6 KB, 16 views)

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-04-2013, 12:50 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi Chris

I suppose you mean than attributes in a filter should be ordered as same as product options in a product class. Right?

I am not sure wether I explained it here in this thread or somewere else but due to the module architecture it's not possible. Instead of explaining the tech details, I'll give you one example:

First product has "Color" option class with "Red", "Green" and "Blue" options. Second product has the same class with same options but they ordered differently: "Blue", "Red", "Green". Which order should X-Cart take into consideration while generating "Color" filter?

NEvertheless, we understand the issue and are planning to add a facility to sort filters attributes.

Sorry no what I mean is when you go into 'Filter Classes' in the admin menu and then go into 'Modify product class' there is an option to order them using 'OrderBy' field. However when you look at the frontend they are not ordering by what you define in the class options.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM

Advanced Member

these images may help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not-ordering.jpg (123.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg orderby.jpg (61.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischall
Sorry no what I mean is when you go into 'Filter Classes' in the admin menu and then go into 'Modify product class' there is an option to order them using 'OrderBy' field. However when you look at the frontend they are not ordering by what you define in the class options.

This is similar to what I explained regarding product options. This 'OrderBy' field is not used for ordering filters or its attributes in the front end. Filters has its own order by and we are working on 'OrderBy' for attributes.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
We've made Refine Filters compatible with X-MultiCurrency. Updated module packages may be downloaded from File Area.

As for import, it's one of the next feature to implemen. Along with New Arrivals special filter. I'll keep you all informed.

this import is useless, customer is easy to set up the defined data but difficult to assign filter class value for each product, this import seems only for the defined class not to assign the value to each product, if you have thousands item or just 500, just imagine you have to add the filter class manually for each one, doesn't make sense.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
this import is useless, customer is easy to set up the defined data but difficult to assign filter class value for each product, this import seems only for the defined class not to assign the value to each product, if you have thousands item or just 500, just imagine you have to add the filter class manually for each one, doesn't make sense.

Probably not useless for all, but in my case, and your case, we don't need that "import" feature. What we really need is the ability to import each product's filter options. I have over 10000 products, and am forced to directly importing product's filter values into the database, we NEED an "Product Filter Values" import / export feature.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui

This import facility does not imply assigning anything to products. It's aimed to add filter-specific values in more convenient way than adding it via the module interfaces.

One of the main advantages of the module is quick and easy start: filters are generated basing on existing product information. So if you have a lot of products, use X-Cart product import feature to add the data, not this import.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements