Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-26-2015, 01:11 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by intunejoe
When someone abandons their cart, then comes back and completes the order, it seems that their cart is still listed as abandoned, and they receive the reminder email. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I assumed that once the customer placed the order, their cart would no longer be listed as abaondoned.

Thanks.

Your assumption is correct. If a customer used the same email address the cart should be removed from the abandoned carts list automatically. Probably the customer used a different email address.
Otherwise, I'd recommend you to create a new support ticket so that we could check what's wrong.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:55 PM

eXpert

I'm considering this module for 4.7.6 Gold Plus. I see the admin screenshot here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/abcr_module_settings.png says, "After how many days customer should be notified of abandoned cart".
Days??? This thread is full of references to hours. Is it possible to set the email to be sent in 30 minutes? If so, how?
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com
Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G
I'm considering this module for 4.7.6 Gold Plus. I see the admin screenshot here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/abcr_module_settings.png says, "After how many days customer should be notified of abandoned cart".
Days??? This thread is full of references to hours. Is it possible to set the email to be sent in 30 minutes? If so, how?

It seems that the screenshot is out of dated (thank you for noticing that!).

As you can see from the module demo here:

http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder

This setting is currently uses hours instead of days.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 AM

eXpert

Thanks. So I input 0.5 in the field to the right of "After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart". That resulted in an error message. In a future version, would you consider making it possible for the user to input values less than 1? I want to automatically send the email in 30 minutes, not one hour.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com
Old 07-21-2016, 06:16 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Thanks. So I input 0.5 in the field to the right of "After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart". That resulted in an error message. In a future version, would you consider making it possible for the user to input values less than 1? I want to automatically send the email in 30 minutes, not one hour.

Float values are not supported yet, unfortunately. However, we've already discussed it with a module developer and will add this functionality to the next ABCR release.

Thank you.

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
Mr. G (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 07:10 AM

Advanced Member

Hi Rocky, I am running Abandoned Cart and did post a tech support question a while back but cannot find where.

Basically I have 2 problems it seems..

1. it's not sending out the Auto Emails... I have tested this by setting the timer to an hour and nothing came in.

2. Even if an order has been placed on the actual site it's still showing it sometimes in the abandoned cart... If you compare the abandoned cart listings compared to orders you will see some of the names have completed their orders.

Please can you let me know best solution to fix this.. I can send you login details easily.

Many thanks
All the best
Anthony
MySQL client 5.6.29
Old 08-04-2016, 12:09 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicant
Hi Rocky, I am running Abandoned Cart and did post a tech support question a while back but cannot find where.

Basically I have 2 problems it seems..

1. it's not sending out the Auto Emails... I have tested this by setting the timer to an hour and nothing came in.

2. Even if an order has been placed on the actual site it's still showing it sometimes in the abandoned cart... If you compare the abandoned cart listings compared to orders you will see some of the names have completed their orders.

Please can you let me know best solution to fix this.. I can send you login details easily.

Many thanks
All the best
Anthony

I just reviewed your account and failed to find a ticket regarding the Abandoned Cart Reminder module there.

I've created a new support ticket on your behalf so that I support engineer could check this issue out for you. You will be contacted shortly.

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:22 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Float values are not supported yet, unfortunately. However, we've already discussed it with a module developer and will add this functionality to the next ABCR release.

Thank you.
I'm happy to report that we've upgraded to 4.7.6 and purchased and installed Abandoned Cart. It works very well. So now, I can hardly wait for the release with float values. Any ETA?
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Old 09-23-2016, 08:27 PM

eXpert

Exclamation Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

I've found two issues with ABCR. The first is a serious one, IMHO.

1. It is sending more than the specified number of notifications.
1.1. On /admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder, set "How many notifications should be sent" to 1.
1.2. In /admin/abandoned_carts.php if the admin selects an abandoned cart and then clicks the "Send notifications to selected cart owners" button (manual notification), then one notification is sent, and no more should be sent. But, incorrectly, ABCR is sending a second (automatic) notification.

2. Cart contents missing when creating order in ABCR.
2.1. On /admin/abandoned_carts.php click the Create order button, and a new customer record is created with the data the customer entered.
2.2. Go to the customer record, and click the "Operate as this user" link. You will see that the shopping cart is empty. It should be populated with the abandoned items.

But, for every customer who saves a registration, then abandons cart, when admin clicks the "Operate as this user" link, the shopping cart correctly has the abandoned items.

Please fix these issues.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Old 01-04-2017, 01:18 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
I've found two issues with ABCR. The first is a serious one, IMHO.

1. It is sending more than the specified number of notifications.
1.1. On /admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder, set "How many notifications should be sent" to 1.
1.2. In /admin/abandoned_carts.php if the admin selects an abandoned cart and then clicks the "Send notifications to selected cart owners" button (manual notification), then one notification is sent, and no more should be sent. But, incorrectly, ABCR is sending a second (automatic) notification.

2. Cart contents missing when creating order in ABCR.
2.1. On /admin/abandoned_carts.php click the Create order button, and a new customer record is created with the data the customer entered.
2.2. Go to the customer record, and click the "Operate as this user" link. You will see that the shopping cart is empty. It should be populated with the abandoned items.

But, for every customer who saves a registration, then abandons cart, when admin clicks the "Operate as this user" link, the shopping cart correctly has the abandoned items.

Please fix these issues.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering to you. I've just noticed this message while reviewing the thread.

I failed to reproduce these issues on a stock X-Cart version. We've updated the module recently. Please make sure that you are using the latest version.

If the problems still exists after module update please create a new support ticket with the reference to this thread and we will check this out for you.

Thank you.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements