Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Help with Checkout & Template Editing

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-15-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Help with Checkout & Template Editing

Hi,

I am having a very difficult time with my cart.

I have it set to assume people logging in are from Australia, so that GST
is added for Ozzies. In lbl_including_vat I have put in a comment, but would like to remove the 10% from the end, which isn't in labels. Anyone know what to do?

Also, when you put a product in the cart now, it does not give the option of international shipping, it shows only australian mail. Does anyone know how to fix this so international customers are not distracted and can click international?

There has got to be away to make the shopping process easier. Is there a way to have australians see there price and international customers see the price minus GST? I have found that many people are leaving half way through the process and need to look at ways to make it all easy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kurt
www.wildelectronics.com.au/store/customer (I haven't generated the new HTML yet)
X-cart 3.5.5
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 AM

Veteran

Hi Kurt. First, do you have all of your shipping zones set up properly? X-cart will display shipping methods based on what the default address is set to in General Settings. If your default address is Australia, it will only show methods for Australia, as well as the GST. This can scare away potential foreign customers if they see tax in their subtotal!

Here in the US, we have to charge sales tax in the state our business is based in. So as not to scare away people from other states, I generally put the default shipping address as a state other than my own, so the sales tax does not show up by default.

To handle the shipping methods problem, I generally put a large note underneath the subtotal that says something to the effect of "We ship internatinoally, please log-in or register so that we can display shipping options and prices specific to your location". That may clear things up for your customers. Hope this helps!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design