Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How can I add different table related to product in xcart.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 09-05-2018, 10:00 PM

Default How can I add different table related to product in xcart.

Hello, I have been trying to add supplier table to xcart via module. The supplier table is related to product table and I have no idea how to build a relationship between tables in xcart.

What I am doing for theses couple of days is: I have created a supplier table. It has id and name. Now I need to have a extra field in product table where I can choose by select box from which supplier is it. I tried adding a field in product table. I followed the documentation https://devs.x-cart.com/basics/adding_new_property_to_a_product/. As per documentation if I create same module as in the example I can add new my message field. But when I add supplier field with integer type the re-deploy is stuck at 4 of 13 for forever. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:15 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: How can I add different table related to product in xcart.

Hi @Wupendra,

Welcome to the forums!

Here is an article about Image Widget: https://devs.x-cart.com/basics/using_images_widget.html
which by chance illustrates how you can link entities together.

In this example, Product model starts having new secondaryImages property which ties it with a new SecondaryImage model in a way that one product can be linked to multiple secondary images, while one secondary image is tied to a single product.

Please check this article and let me know if it helps you with your task.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wupendra
Hello, I have been trying to add supplier table to xcart via module. The supplier table is related to product table and I have no idea how to build a relationship between tables in xcart.

What I am doing for theses couple of days is: I have created a supplier table. It has id and name. Now I need to have a extra field in product table where I can choose by select box from which supplier is it. I tried adding a field in product table. I followed the documentation https://devs.x-cart.com/basics/adding_new_property_to_a_product/. As per documentation if I create same module as in the example I can add new my message field. But when I add supplier field with integer type the re-deploy is stuck at 4 of 13 for forever. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:03 AM

Veteran

Default Re: How can I add different table related to product in xcart.

I actually build a Suppliers module for a client some time ago. I can redo it for you with your requirements and to fit your business model. If you are interested open a ticket at https://www.cflsystems.com/support with details and we can get this working for you.

Some of the module's features - create list of suppliers with basic info for each one like name, address, contact, etc; assign products to supplier in bulk from the supplier page; assign supplier to product from product page; minimum order per supplier; fee if minimum order is not met; other
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)