Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product Grid Layout

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 08-28-2014, 01:50 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Product Grid Layout

Oh! I see the problem. My solution affects the column on the left column as well. I'm still learning myself, obviously.

Let me look into the proper way to make this change without affecting the other elements...
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM

X-Man

I set up a custom mod and skin

the path is -skins/nyfur/customer/en/items_list/product/parts/common.product-price.tpl
Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 AM

X-Man

had the same issue here with the double content.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69801&page=2
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARW VISIONS
I set up a custom mod and skin

the path is -skins/nyfur/customer/en/items_list/product/parts/common.product-price.tpl
Shouldn't it be skins/nyfur/default/en ?
I'm just guessing, but if that is the path then it seems that it would not overwrite the template.

What paths does your Main.php have defined for the getSkins() function?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 08-28-2014, 02:36 PM

X-Man

I followed these instructions to the best of my ability.

http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/How+to+create+a+skin
Old 08-28-2014, 04:30 PM

X-Guru

Maybe we have the blind helping the blind here. I just tried adding the Our Price statement with this code:
Code:
{* vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et: *} {** * Item price * * @author Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com> * @copyright Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com>. All rights reserved * @license http://www.x-cart.com/license-agreement.html X-Cart 5 License Agreement * @link http://www.x-cart.com/ * * @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.info", weight="25") *} {t(#Our Price#)}:
I am using Custom Skin module, and I created this template in skins\default\en\modules\XC\CustomSkin\items_list\ product\grid.product.our-price.tpl

It showed up just where I expected it to, because of @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.info", weight="25")

Then I created skins\default\en\modules\XC\CustomSkin\items_list\ product\grid.product.market-price.tpl

with this code:
Code:
{* vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et: *} {** * Item price * * @author Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com> * @copyright Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com>. All rights reserved * @license http://www.x-cart.com/license-agreement.html X-Cart 5 License Agreement * @link http://www.x-cart.com/ * * @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.info", weight="35") *} {if:product.getMarketPrice()} {t(#Market price#)}: <span class="value">{formatPrice(product.getMarketPrice(),null,1)}</span> {end:}

XcartGuru

Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 PM

X-Guru

Not sure if I should have had to put those skins in the skins/default/en folder like I did or in skins/custom_skin/default/en. It works fine in the former: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46HNJGXAQ6gb2MxTWJrSlNWUlU/

Puts the Our Price label and the Market Price just in the grid, and nowhere else.

I experimented by creating the same two templates in the custom skin directory:
skins\custom_skin\default\en\items_list\product\gr id.product.market-price.tpl
and:
skins\custom_skin\default\en\items_list\product\gr id.product.our-price.tpl
And nothing happened. I think the custom skin can only overwrite templates, not create new ones.

Since the templates are created in the default/en category, I can now override them in the custom_skin directory with this path:
skins\custom_skin\default\en\modules\XC\CustomSkin \items_list\product\grid.product.market-price.tpl
and:
skins\custom_skin\default\en\modules\XC\CustomSkin \items_list\product\grid.product.our-price.tpl

XcartGuru

Old 08-28-2014, 05:43 PM

X-Guru

Sorry to keep posting, but I keep learning and encountering different behavior!

I've just installed a fresh copy of XC5 on a hosted account with TSS, previously I was working on my local Windows machine. Everything is working differently than before! I packed up the custom skin module and uploaded it to the hosted site. Then I enabled the Market Price module, and setup the market price on the Macbook. Completely different results! https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46HNJGXAQ6gb3RlQXpzRlZsSjA/

So I am starting to understand your duplicate content. Its just not happening at all for me on my local machine.

Okay so now I have removed the skins/default/en/modules/XC/CustomSkin folder, and it got rid of one of my duplicates.

Then I removed skins/custom_skin/default/en/modules and that got rid of another.

Now I just have two files:
skins/custom_skin/default/en/items_list/product/grid.product.market-price.tpl
skins/custom_skin/default/en/items_list/product/grid.product.our-price.tpl

With the same content as above. Everything is working perfectly. I'm going to test overwriting a file with the custom skin on this hosted box. It went perfectly, I created skins/custom_skin/default/en/items_list/product/parts/common.product-price.tpl and added the text Hello World. It worked perfectly, overriding the default template. You can see it all working for the time being here: http://xcartnext.com/

I've attached my copy of the Custom skin module to this post. I renamed it to zip from tar, just so I could upload it. rename it .tar when you download it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XC-CustomSkin-v5_1_0customized.zip (26.0 KB, 238 views)

XcartGuru

Old 08-28-2014, 06:06 PM

X-Man

I only get the duplicate content when I re-deploy the store :/
Old 08-28-2014, 06:12 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARW VISIONS
I only get the duplicate content when I re-deploy the store :/
Can you pack your module and attach it or send it to me?

XcartGuru

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)