Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smarty Error, Store broke! Help!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-20-2002, 04:48 AM

Default Smarty Error, Store broke! Help!

I think my host may have changed some settings, not sure. here are my errors!

Code:
Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 34032 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php owned by uid 99 in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 791 Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 34032 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151/1512206380 owned by uid 99 in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1361 Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 34032 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151/1512206380 owned by uid 99 in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1366 Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 34032 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151 owned by uid 99 in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1366 Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "../templates_c/151/1512206380" in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 470 Warning: Smarty error: problem writing '../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php.' in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 470 Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 34032 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php owned by uid 99 in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 569 Warning: Failed opening '../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sportbik/public_html/store/Smarty-2.0/Smarty.class.php on line 569
Old 09-20-2002, 09:12 AM

eXpert

Default Same thing

I had a very similar error show up today on our store hompage. The admin site is just a blank white page. If anyone know what in the world is going on, I'd love to know.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:12 AM

eXpert

Default Smarty Warning Message

Hi X-Cart Team,

can you please let me konw if the opening of this forum is in addition to the 5 months technical support included in my purchase of X-Cart 3.1.3a PRO?, or does this forum replace the technical support included in my package?

Regards,

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 09-20-2002, 09:17 AM

X-Guru

syddos, no this does not replace the technical support found at:
https://www.x-cart.com/wmembers.php

This forum was created for other x-cart users to share and help each other out, occasionaly the x-cart team will also answer questions, and view the forums.

As for the error your getting it sounds like the php.ini has been modified in some form. Have you tried clearing your templates_c/ directory?

You may also have the permissions set wrong:
Code:
chmod 766 templates_c/; chown nobody.nobody templates_c
Should do the trick.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:00 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Smarty Warning Message

Quote:
As for the error your getting it sounds like the php.ini has been modified in some form. Have you tried clearing your templates_c/ directory?

You may also have the permissions set wrong:

Thanks For the info BOOMER, I will post the outcome.

Regards,

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 09-20-2002, 10:35 AM

eXpert

Default We can't even get into an admin page

We can't do ANYTHING because we get these errors coming up. We can't change our permissions because we just get a blank page for our admin url or any other url besides our homepage which is just an error:
Quote:
Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2711 is not allowed to access ../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php owned by uid 99 in /home/turnkeyh/public_html/xcart/Smarty-2.1.1/Smarty.class.php on line 863

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "customer/home.tpl" in /home/turnkeyh/public_html/xcart/Smarty-2.1.1/Smarty.class.php on line 546

We have no idea how to clear the template directory because we can only access our site through an FTP browser, which isn't a lot of help when you've got 400 million files in there.

Any help would be great. We've got a customer waiting for his store to go live and we can't do jack in this condition.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:39 AM

X-Guru

If you can access the server via FTP, I know with most ftp apps will let you access chmod as well as be able to delete all files/dirs within the templates_c/ directory (granted this may take awhile to delete but its just the same as rm -R templates_c from a console.)

hth.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:19 AM

eXpert

Default maybe I'm an idiot

So I tried to delete all the files from the template_c directory through the FTP and it won't let me. We tried it on two different machines and two different softwares.

Maybe a dumb question, but what is this chmod and where is it and what should I do to it once I find it. We're at a total loss here...

Thanks for your help
Old 09-20-2002, 11:43 AM

X-Adept

Default just rename your folder instead of deleting...

The problem you are having is due to the fact that the templates_c directory was created by the server and therefore you do not have permission to delete it, or any of its subfolders. You'll also have this problem when trying to manualy delete any folders inside the /files directory, created if you are using the ESD module.

As a quick work-around, the only option I've found is to rename the templates_c directory to something else, like templates_c_undeletable folder instead of deleting it. Then create a new, empty templates_c directory and chmod it to 777. Chmod is a UNIX/LINUX command that sets file and directory permissions. To CHMOD using the poupular windoze program caleld WSFTP, simply browse to the item you'd like to CHMOD, then right-click on it and select FTP commands > CHMOD(unix) from the bottom of the list. A pop-up window will appear where you can set permissions via checkboxes and it will show you the corresponding CHMOD commands before you apply them. Hope that helps you out.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:08 PM

eXpert

Default One more thing

Thanks so much for your help. We got the templates_c problem fixed, but we're still getting this error on the store homepage:
Quote:
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "customer/home.tpl" in /home/turnkeyh/public_html/xcart/Smarty-2.1.1/Smarty.class.php on line 546

On the admin page still all we get is a blank screen

Thanks a lot for your help
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design