Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Improved minicart display

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-16-2006, 07:53 PM

Advanced Member

Default Improved minicart display

Hi guys, I am basically a hack so please excuse the messy code. Anyway I decided my miinicart needed improving and have got it to the point where I'm really in love with it, looks great, simple to use etc. here is a screenshot:

http://www.jctech.com.au/images/minicart.jpg

Improvements are:

Displays products individually
Product links are clickable
"Remove" link for easy product removal
Shipping and total costs displayed

Credit goes to forum user "mac" for his original minicart mod. I just edited it to make it the way I want. Works with 4.0.16 and should work with most other versions.

edit /minicart.php to be as follows:

Code:
<?php # # $Id: minicart.php,v 1.1.2.1 2005/01/12 07:41:43 svowl Exp $ # if ( !defined('XCART_START') ) { header("Location: home.php"); die("Access denied"); } x_session_register ("cart"); $MINICART["total_cost"] = price_format(0); $MINICART["total_items"] = 0; if (!empty($cart)) { if (!empty($cart["total_cost"])) $MINICART["total_cost"] = $cart["total_cost"]; $MINICART["total_items"] = ((!empty($cart["products"]) and is_array($cart["products"]))?count($cart["products"]):0) + ((!empty($cart["giftcerts"]) and is_array($cart["giftcerts"]))?count($cart["giftcerts"]):0); } $smarty->assign("minicart_total_cost", $MINICART["total_cost"]); $smarty->assign("minicart_total_items", $MINICART["total_items"]); $smarty->assign("minicart_contents", $cart["products"]); //added this line $smarty->assign("minicart_shipping", $cart["display_shipping_cost"]); //added this line $smarty->assign("minicart_delivery", $cart["delivery"]); //added this line $smarty->assign("minicart_delete", $cart["delete"]); //added this line ?>

Then edit /skin1/customer/main/minicart.tpl to be as such:

Code:
{* $Id: minicart.tpl,v 1.12 2004/07/06 14:00:12 svowl Exp $ *} {if $minicart_total_items > 0} {foreach from=$minicart_contents item=item} <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr><TD class="MiniCartTextSmall"><b>{$item.amount} X <a href="product.php?productid={ $item.productid }" title="{$item.product}">{$item.product|truncate:17:"...":true}</a> </b></tr></td></table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr><td> {include file="currency.tpl" value=$item.display_subtotal} </td><td align=right> {if $config.Adaptives.platform eq 'MacPPC' && $config.Adaptives.browser eq 'NN'}{assign var="js_to_href" value="Y"}{/if} {if $type eq 'input'}{assign var="img_type" value='INPUT type="image" class="blank"'}{else}{assign var="img_type" value='IMG'}{/if} {assign var="js_link" value=$href|regex_replace:"/^\s*javascript\s*:/Si":""} {if $js_link eq $href}{assign var="js_link" value="javascript: self.location='cart.php?mode=delete&productindex=`$item.cartid`'"} {else}{assign var="js_link" value=$href}{if $js_to_href ne 'Y'}{assign var="onclick" value=$href}{assign var="href" value="javascript: void(0);"}{/if}{/if} {if ($config.Adaptives.platform ne 'MacPPC' || $config.Adaptives.browser ne 'NN')}<a href="{$js_link}">Remove</a> {else} <A href="cart.php?mode=delete&productindex=`$item.cartid`"{if $onclick ne ''} onclick="{$onclick}"{/if}{if $title ne ''} title="{$title}"{/if}{if $target ne ''} target="{$target}"{/if}><FONT class="FormButton">{$button_title} </FONT></A> {/if} </td></tr></table> <HR size="1" NOSHADE class="VertMenuHr"> {/foreach} <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">Shipping Cost</td><td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{$minicart_shipping}</td> </tr> </table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">{$lng.lbl_total}: </td> <td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_total_cost}</td> </tr> </table> {else} {$lng.lbl_cart_is_empty} {/if} <hr size="1" noshade class="VertMenuHr"> <A href="cart.php" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_view_cart}</A><BR> <A href="cart.php?mode=checkout" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_checkout}</A><BR>

Sorry its so messy, I just cut and pasted bits from all over the place. works a treat though

Finally, in skin1/customer/menu_cart.tpl comment out this section:

Code:
{if $cart} <A href="cart.php" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_view_cart}</A><BR> <A href="cart.php?mode=checkout" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_checkout}</A><BR> {/if}

By doing that last part you are preventing it from showing the "View Cart" and "Checkout" links twice when you are actually in the cart.

Lastly you need to add this to your skin1.css file

Code:
} .MiniCartTextSmall { FONT-SIZE: 11px; }

I hope this is of some use to someone... and that the code actually works in someone elses system and not just mine!!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Improved minicart display

Works like a sharm Thanks for a good mod!

X-cart 4.019 (unix)
Old 09-17-2006, 06:41 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

If anyone can figure out how to make the "Remove" link return you to the page where you were when you clicked it, rather than straight to the cart (which may be empty after clicking the link) that would be great
Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM

eXpert

Great mod just what I wanted
Old 09-20-2006, 05:40 AM

X-Wizard

was thinking of and got it now.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by instink

If anyone can figure out how to make the "Remove" link return you to the page where you were when you clicked it, rather than straight to the cart (which may be empty after clicking the link) that would be great

I believe you remove this line (minicart.tpl) if you want the "REMOVE"...removed.

{if ($config.Adaptives.platform ne 'MacPPC' || $config.Adaptives.browser ne 'NN')}<a href="{$js_link}">Remove</a>
{else}
<A href="cart.php?mode=delete&productindex=`$item.car tid`"{if $onclick ne ''} onclick="{$onclick}"{/if}{if $title ne ''} title="{$title}"{/if}{if $target ne ''} target="{$target}"{/if}><FONT class="FormButton">{$button_title} </FONT></A>
{/if}
Gilbert, AZ 85299-1571
P 480.422.7350
F 888.359.2568
www.flysportsgear.com?MMCF_xcartforum (X-Cart 4.5.2) FOR SALE
Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by instink

Great mod, yes this would be very useful.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM

does that code works on 4.1.3? ive tried it but it doesnt work properly. wt do u say?
and i cant find this file: Finally, in skin1/customer/menu_cart.tpl comment out this section:
Thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 PM

Advanced Member

Hi mate, no idea sorry, I've only ever used 4.0.16
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM

eXpert

small fix that will add a dolalr sign to the shipping cost

/skin1/customer/main/minicart.tpl
replace this
<TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">Shipping Cost</td><td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{$minicart_shipping}</td>

with this

<TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">Shipping Cost</td><td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_shipping}</td>
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions