Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product Option Priceing Display Problem

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Advanced Member

Default Product Option Priceing Display Problem

Is there a way to to set witch price will show in the product page when I'm using product options. Right now I have a product with several variants and they all have their own price. The price that shows up in the product page is the lowest price. I assume that is X-Cart default.

How can I set the variant price that I need to show. It could possibly be the lowest or the highest.

Thanks for any help.

X-cart 4.0.7 [unix]
Old 02-11-2005, 03:32 PM

Veteran

Last time I checked, the price that displays is the product at the top of the variant list based on the POS variable. Try changing around the order and see what happens....
Old 02-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Advanced Member

I tried changing the OrderBy in Product Management/Product Options but it only changed the option order that is viewed in the product page. The price shown was still the lowest.

X-cart 4.0.7 [unix]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:12 PM

Default similar problem

I'm having a similar problem...did you find any resolution to this? I recall the price changing when a different product variant was selected...but after some modifications to the product.tpl page and various updates to the current version, it's not working. I get a javascript error. The quantity pulldown also lists the sum of all the variants as the quantity limit...shouldn't it depend on the variant?

I've tried replacing the product.tpl page with the skin1_original version...no luck there.

4.0.14 Gold
Old 08-04-2005, 09:05 AM

Default my solution

This is how I solved it.
in include/search.php comment out all of this (line 561 in 4.0.13):
Code:
if($v['is_product_options']) { $poptions = func_query("SELECT MIN(IF($sql_tbl[class_options].modifier_type = '$', $sql_tbl[class_options].price_modifier, ".$v['price']."*$sql_tbl[class_options].price_modifier/100)) as add_price FROM $sql_tbl[classes], $sql_tbl[class_options] WHERE $sql_tbl[classes].productid = '$v[productid]' AND $sql_tbl[classes].classid = $sql_tbl[class_options].classid AND $sql_tbl[classes].is_modifier = 'Y' AND $sql_tbl[classes].avail = 'Y' GROUP BY $sql_tbl[classes].classid ORDER BY add_price"); if(!empty($poptions)) { foreach($poptions as $po) { $v['price'] += $po['add_price']; } $products[$k] = $v; } }

It would be nice if we could select through the admin the price to be displayed on the thumbnail page.

FYI- a php comment starts with /* and ends with */
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design