Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

altered carts OnSale mod for php 7+

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-31-2019, 05:06 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: altered carts OnSale mod for php 7+

So what you are saying is that those notices are not the cause of why the mod isn't working. I don't care about the notices being there but I thought those might have been the problem since they are the only "errors" showing up in my logs.
running on UNIX

www.keystonecandle.com X-Cart Gold Plus - Version 4.7.11 php7.2
mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
Old 07-31-2019, 05:21 AM

Veteran

I'm saying the notices will not prevent the cart or module from working yes. However these variables not having a value may be the reason for the module not to work properly or maybe it is working properly just not doing what you expect it to do.
Another reason is when and how the module is making changes and adding whatever it supposed to add to the cart. If the code base is different it is possible the module's files need change as well...

Notice: Undefined index: no_globals_w_ind in /home/keyston1/public_html.dev/modules/alteredCart_On_Sale/onsale_sessions.php on line 39

no_globals_w_ind not being defined at all means this code will never run

Code:
if ($GLOBALS['onsale_settings']['no_globals_w_ind'] == 'Y'){ // LINE 39 $ind_pids = onsale_load_ind_productids(); }

So you need to find where no_globals_w_ind get's set and when it is set to Y or something else and how this affects the rest of the module logic.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:14 AM

X-Adept

Thanks for the clarification Steve. Just out of curiosity, did you go to school to learn coding or are you self taught?
running on UNIX

mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX

The following user thanks keystone for this useful post:
elmirage001 (08-14-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 01:43 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone
Thanks for the clarification Steve. Just out of curiosity, did you go to school to learn coding or are you self taught?

Self-taught

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
elmirage001 (08-14-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 01:39 PM

X-Adept

I have revisited X-Carts Special Offers built in mod because I saw that they actually DO have the ability to restrict a special offer to a specific membership group. I do have a question regarding that specific condition however. The Mod states
Quote:
If no memberships are selected, only the customers with no membership will match the condition.
So when I leave the membership area with no selected options and put a check in the checkbox next to
Quote:
Customer has a certain membership
I should be able to log in as a member and the Special Offer should not be applied but it still does. When I go back to the Special Offer in admin and check the conditions, the checkbox is no longer checked. It doesn't seem to like that there is no membership selected even though it says that is the only way to make the sale not show up for customers who have a membership level.

Anyone have this issue or does it work correctly for others? Is there a way to add "No Membership or Not Logged In" as an option to select? Thanks for any ideas... This is for x-cart version 4.7.11, just realized I didn't update my signature yet.
running on UNIX

mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
Old 08-14-2019, 10:39 AM

X-Wizard

After updating the membership option keep proceeding through the Special Bonus process until you can click on the Finish Button. After clicking the Finish Button go back in and see if it keeps your membership choice including none of them highlighted.

I first selected a membership clicked update and went through the process until I clicked Finish. I went back in and it held the membership choice. I then deselected that membership choice so that none were highlighted and clicked update and proceeded until I could click the Finish Button. When I went back into the Special Offer the Customer has a certain membership checkbox was checked and none of the memberships were highlighted. I don't use Special Offers so I did not do any further testing.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM

X-Adept

Hey elmirage, When I did what you suggested it kept the check in the box. I'll have to do some further testing but it seems like it does work, not sure exactly which step determines if the check stays in or comes out yet. Thanks for the help.
running on UNIX

mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX

The following user thanks keystone for this useful post:
elmirage001 (08-14-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 01:30 PM

X-Adept

When a special offer is applied to a product, the "Special Offer" icon shows on the product image on the product pages, category pages, and in the shopping cart. When I restrict the Special Offer to only customers with NO membership, then I log in as a test wholesale member, the special offer icon is removed from the category and product page images BUT, if I add the product to the shopping cart, the ICON shows back up on the product image in the cart...
I think that the code was just missed to restrict the icon on the cart page as well as the category and product pages. Does anyone know where/how to add that?

I can foresee a bunch of email/phone calls from my wholesale accounts asking about the special offer (that isn't valid for them).
Thanks.
running on UNIX

mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
Old 08-19-2019, 03:22 PM

X-Wizard

It's working correctly for me.

Sign in on account with no membership --> Cart shows special offers message and promotion price.

Sign in on account with membership = Wholesale --> Cart does not show message and the price is correct, not discounted.

Change wholesale account to Not Member --> Cart shows special offers message and promotion price.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:58 AM

X-Adept

Yeah, the pricing is correct when I switch back and forth between member and not member but the "Special Offer" badge/star on the image in the cart still shows up when I switch to membership = wholesale. Does yours go away? BTW I'm using the x-carts One Page Checkout.
running on UNIX

mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4