Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments ROLL CALL

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Payments ROLL CALL

Love the lincoln comment!

Yes, the interface is a mess, QT says they are working on this. Right now I am doing final testing before launch in 2 weeks.

I have not tested the Coupon Code issue, but will definitely do that today or Monday, and let you know.

Right now I offer 3 payment methods in the order, Gift Cert, Offline Payment (they place the order but have to call us and provide payment details) and finally Credit Card (X-Payments). I chose the order for two reasons, 1) it displays the best visually, sadly; 2)because XC seems to always make the first payment method the default (at least in a new browser session), and with GC in the first slot the customer either has a GC Code or not but can't accidentially continue, this also prevents a X-Payments record being created which would happen immediately upon loading the checkout page is XC if CC(X-Payments) was the first in the list.

I will keep you informed.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
X-Payments ROLL CALL

I am specifically searching for any store admin who has deployed xp 1.0.5 with the lite interface iframe in x-cart 4.5.4

We need one place for all x-payments admins to easily communicate with each other. Post to this thread and we'll all have each other as resources.

Mods, please make this a sticky?

I'll start:
======================

XP: 1.0.5 with iframe lite interface - xp has its own subdomain on my server
XC: 4.5.4 gold plus w/OPC_ajax - hoping to get the Altered Cart CheckoutOne provisioned soon.
Status: active, but it is not working well and I am losing orders daily. Documented in other threads.

I am using 4.5.4 Gold plus with OPC ajax
XP 1.0.5 with iframe lite interface hosted on same server as
XC.

1. Getting "lost orders" from x-cart but merchant account has already done an AUTH. I have to manually go to merchant account admin page to get a CAPTURE message (I do them separately because I have to verify order). Then I have to go back to x-cart and modify status to processed. Then I have to send an email to the customer to explain why they got a message that the order wasn't completed, but their card was charged.

2. Submit button floats over required boxes. Had to disable Terms and Conditions field and make it checked by default because Submit button obfuscated it.

3. cvv2 text box periodically gets wrapped under some other field and it can't be filled (but required) in so customers can't finish order.

4. No customer feedback (error message) when "Submit" button is pressed, can't tell anything is happening, another press is duplicate orders if all field are filled in. If you are missing something like "phone number" you get a "Failed" order. If you are missing something required in the iframe like "cvv2" you get nothing (no message) until you click it a couple of times and it might put a red border around the field (no error message anywhere) and the customer 99% of the time doesn't see it, gets frustrated leaves the site. Now I have an uncompleted "XPayments started" orders and it is never finished because the customer doesn't know what to do. I call them and 90% of the time they are so pissed off they cancel the order.

I guess I am a little frustrated myself!

- james -
CDSEO Pro 1.8.7
WebsiteCM Product Map 2.0.1
WebsiteCM Next-Prev 1.3 disabled because of SQL errors and bugs.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
And of course, the use of coupons that send the wrong payment amount to the gateway.

Ok, so here are the results of my testing Coupon Codes with XC 4.5.4, X-P 1.0.5 and Auth.net.

Admin created $5 off coupon code.
User placed items in cart, go to checkout (XC Ajax OPC)
User signs in
Selects shipping method
Total = 17.50 + 1.44tax =18.94
Enter Coupon Code
Total = 17.50 - 5.00coupon +1.03tax = 13.53
Select CreditCard payment method
Enter cc details and Submit
Response is successful

Checked XP Back End, shows Authorization for 13.53 - CORRECT
Checked Auth.net, shows authorization for 13.53 - CORRECT

So, I am not seeing any problems here. Did I miss something?

Hope this was helpful.
David
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia

So, I am not seeing any problems here. Did I miss something?

Try FREE SHIPPING coupon.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 AM

X-Guru

I have decided to abandon and give up the x-payments iFrame lite interface until it is fully tested and ready for production.

In the mean time...

1. I am also bailing on xcart's OPC. I am now happily using the AlteredCart CheckoutOne as checkout module, using the x-payments "default template" from x-payments. This turns checkout into a 2-step process --

a) customer details, shipping method and choice of payment method is step one, then a "proceed to payment" button;
b) if paypal, customer is taken to paypal. if credit card, customer is taken to x-payments payment page, etc..

The reason I'm using CheckoutOne is more than obvious -- it solves countless user interface issues and doesn't require the customer to jump around the page. It's not my "perfect for the iPad" multi-step fantasy checkout, but it is a superb product that has performed well for countless xcart stores... and the developer is a rockstar.

2. We continue to receive "Callback to online store is failed" emails to the admin with each x-payments credit card processed order, but all orders process once only, and the gateway shows zero errors. I have received this "Callback to online store is failed" email on each processed order. Has anyone else seen this?

3. Using a discount coupon "freeship" for free shipping does NOT send the incorrect amount to the gateway when using this configuration. Repeat: using CheckoutOne as the checkout module and applying the x-cart coupon, "freeship" for free shipping, the cart total in the cart is what is sent to the gateway. If we switch back to OPC, the incorrect cart total (pre-discount) is sent to the gateway. This bug may be in OPC and not in xp connector?

Summary:

I still can't recommend x-payments iFrame in its current state. Use at your own peril.

I am having success with x-payments "default" template (you can put your store header image in it to pretty it up a bit) - but NOT using xcart OPC, instead using AlteredCart CheckoutOne.

There are still the lingering xp "callback email" issue, I will report back here with a solution.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
Steel (01-01-2013)
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 AM

X-Guru

PS -- I am very, very happy with the AlteredCart CheckoutOne solution (and customers have not yet had any issues, can't say that for all attempts at using OPC) -- PM me if you want to see what I did with it.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Advanced Member

Yes Altered Cart's One Page Checkout is amazing and I'm integrating it with BCSE DPM and everything works fantastic!

http://www.learningguitarnow.com
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Advanced Member

Carpeperdiem, did you ever resolve the callback e-mail issue? We are implementing as part of our upgrade. Everything seems to be working great, but I'm not sure how concerned I should be about the callback e-mails.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drheath
Carpeperdiem, did you ever resolve the callback e-mail issue? We are implementing as part of our upgrade. Everything seems to be working great, but I'm not sure how concerned I should be about the callback e-mails.

Yes, I resolved this by:

1. NOT using x-cart's OPC/ajax, and instead using Altered Cart Checkout One
2. NOT using the iFrame "lite" interface for xpayments
3. Using the "default" XP template (with my logo) as a "2nd step" in Checkout One

This config is working and we have almost zero failures. As in 2 or 3 since we took this live.

I am still wanting to make my checkout a multi-step ala "FLC" -- but I need xcart to make this for us. Rumor says it's coming "early 2013". And it's going to have to work perfectly, else I'll bail.

Rumor also says there are other iFrame solutions coming soon as well...

HTH

J
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Angry Re: X-Payments ROLL CALL

We are using hosted x-payments with the lite interface. We are using x-cart v4.5.4.

We are getting at least one duplicate order everyday. Most of the time the customer gets an error message saying that the order didn't go through even though it did. Then they place the same order again.

Now qualiteam wants ME to pay to fix THEIR software running on THEIR servers. This may just be the last straw with this failing x-cart experiment. The words do not exist to describe how utterly disappointed we are with x-cart and their unwillingness to stand behind their work.

DO NOT USE X-Payments. Avoid anything touched by qualiteam like the plague.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions