Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

I finally got X-Payments installed using Authnet AIM. This involved me upgrading to PHP 5.3.2, which I was real nervous about doing but which actually gave me zero problems. The biggest problem I would say is all of the different steps and configuration you need to do, none of which are really "hard" but there are quite a few and the steps that need to be taken and the order which they need to be taken are not that well spelled out. Not sure why they didn't just include x-connector as part of x-payments, it's located under "tools" and is really necessary.

Anyway, the beta version is installed here, it's working, it looks real nice when you checkout, and I would say that it is the best option for those who are on 4.3+ version carts. I'm definitely going to use it. The Authorize-net SIM looks like crap frankly, you will probably lose sales if you stick with that.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1

The following user thanks kevinrm for this useful post:
ambal (06-23-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 AM

X-Wizard

I have confirmation from QT that X-Payments and X-Connector have fully open code. To me, this means that once I pay to have them "tweek" it for a 4.1.12 and 4.2.3 cart for me - then I will have access to the required changes. Then - I can decide if it is easier to pay them to do it for the rest of my carts, or do it myself.

I think this means the required tweeks will be available (not hidden). Not in patch form - but perhaps something that your favorite developers on this forum can duplicate for you, or you can have QT do it for $75 or points. I think we can't be sure yet - but it appears if you have a pre 4.3 cart - you will have options to get the "tweeks" from QT, or someone else who has seen the required changes and replicate them.

Of course - this is speculation on my part. I'm still working on the php 5.3 upgrades, so I have a bit to go before I get to the end yet.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 AM

I am running PHP 5.2.9 does xpayments need php 5.3 to work?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 AM

Veteran

Yes, you need to upgrade PHP
Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Yes, you need to upgrade PHP

Well isn't that just special?
Anyone running CentOS is probably on php 5.1.6 unless they have chosen to run with the unsupported 5.3.x version.
This keeps getting better and better each day.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 AM

Veteran

Requirements say 5.3 or later:

http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:System_requirements
Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSteve
Hi Alan,

We are using USAEpay as well, and are looking into using the transparent gateway to get around this x-payments mess. How does it look from the customer side? Does it look as though they are still on your website?

Also, does the gateway return data back to x-cart so the order is authorized, and does it pass back stuff like the card type?

Sorry for the questions, but I am in a position where I don't know where to turn next.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

My apologies on late replies I've been extremely busy with new projects and relocation to another state. The transparent gateway does not take the customer off your site, instead it's sending the HTTPS POST to USA ePay (thus the customer's computer is transmitting the credit card information, not your webserver) rather than payment/payment_cc.php. I had to make significant core changes to X-Cart's payment system to get it to work but the customers do not notice anything different from when we were on Authorize.net. Also in terms of what it returns, it returns back any error codes or approval information but it does not return the type of card used.

The following user thanks exsecror for this useful post:
BritSteve (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
Well isn't that just special?
Anyone running CentOS is probably on php 5.1.6 unless they have chosen to run with the unsupported 5.3.x version.
This keeps getting better and better each day.

Uh we run CentOS but I don't use the RPMs for Apache, PHP or PostgreSQL (we ported to PgSQL from MySQL) because they're not well optimized for a high volume site so it's all custom compiled and aggressively tuned.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsecror
Uh we run CentOS but I don't use the RPMs for Apache, PHP or PostgreSQL (we ported to PgSQL from MySQL) because they're not well optimized for a high volume site so it's all custom compiled and aggressively tuned.

Glad to see you can do that, but thats kind of beyond the scope of most of us to be able to accomplish.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
Glad to see you can do that, but thats kind of beyond the scope of most of us to be able to accomplish.

There are unofficial RHEL packages available from Oracle http://oss.oracle.com/projects/php/
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements