Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

Thanks! This change displays the magnifying glass with text above the product image and only shows when there are detailed images. Do you know how to display the image+text underneath and with every product image even if there are no detailed images? (Just to view an enlarged picture)

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 PM

X-Wizard

You probably have the code in between {if $images ne ""} tags? You can try moving the code in and out of those tags and see the effect.

I don't understand the rest of your question - you can post a link.

If you want the code to be selectable with the image - you can move it inside the <div class="PListImgBox"><a ... </a></div> that surrounds the image.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM

X-Adept

Thanks again. I moved the code around and have it know almost working as desired. The final thing I like to change is the positioning of the detail image thumbs below the product image. Now they are vertically displayed but I like them to be displayed horizontally. Only concern I have with that is what happens if I have a calendar with 12 detailed images... can you wrap it then onto a next row to prevent breaking out of the page?

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM

X-Wizard

The code is written so that the number of thumbs in the row is controlled by the width of the main product image.

Look at post #210 above, then the first block of code in post #483

I am not sure why Stephen added the -1 to the "number" calculation - but if you remove that, there is more room for images horizontally. If you want more than the width of the main image - you will need to play with the "number" calculation - or hardcode it.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM

X-Adept

That did the job! You are really familiar with this thread...
Only a few weeks before we can go live with the new store..can't wait

Old 07-02-2008, 02:08 PM

X-Wizard

Yes - I've installed the dynamic images 3 times in the last few weeks. I think it is a fantastic mod for the price. The free shadowbox/greybox etc mods I've seen in the forum have been more problematic for me than TelaFirma's & I don't have time to figure out the image generation. I have been receiving my deliveries from TelaFirma after a few day's delay. Luckily - the posts hidden in this thread between the "where's Stephen" messages have been helpful though hard to find. Thanks to those who have posted those. My other issues have not been too hard to figure out - but I can sympathize with those having problems with it - if they involve the domain protection or any encrypted code - you are stuck, but can at least turn it off. I hope Stephen comes back, or makes this mod open source - because I want to keep using it.

Good luck with your new store!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 AM

X-Adept

Thanks I bought my package about six weeks ago and it was sent about three days after the purchase. Right now I have it setup with shadowbox but I can't locate the js file that will allow me to change the text for "Close" and "Previous" etc. Do you know where that file needs to be?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 PM

X-Wizard

I don't know off hand. you can check the shadowbox site - there is documentation for customization (assuming you are using shadowbox)
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Our client changed their domain and added another one. We have to rewrite this mod for another site.

Seriously, don't waste your money on Stephen's mod. If anyone has an interest, we can demonstrate further how to update his code to work with an opensource plugin so that it works with any domain.

We'd consider writing a full module, but probably won't use X-Cart after our current projects. XXXXX looks so much better.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM

X-Adept

Anyone knows how to modify the language like "Previous" and "Close" in the shadowbox.js file when using the Telafirma mod? Sorry for asking, I am just a total javascript n00b here... I searched on the http://mjijackson.com/shadowbox/ site and forum as well and there's an option to change the language but that shadowbox.js looks totally different than mine...

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4