Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online Michael
I'm guessing this module won't be available for 4.4.X ?

We plan to release Refine Filters for 4.4 branch by the end of February.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
Online Michael (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Did you check your public demo? In my case it has the same issue.

We've fixed it. RF packages for all versions are re-uploaded to File Area.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:14 AM

X-Man

Question: Feature Comparison module creates in the same way classes like Refine Filter module. If FC is installed is it necessary to use internal Refine Filter class creator? You just offered this feature for those who are not using Feature Comparison.

More thoughts are needed about this info.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Question: Feature Comparison module creates in the same way classes like Refine Filter module. If FC is installed is it necessary to use internal Refine Filter class creator? You just offered this feature for those who are not using Feature Comparison.

More thoughts are need about this info.

Exactly! Filter classes are basically a clone of Feature Comparison functionality.

However, it may be used together if, for example, a merchant doesn't want to use his FC classes for filtering or there is no FC module at all but extra fields and variants in not an option for some reason.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM

X-Adept

One thing no one has thought about is duplicate content in Google and the affect on your SEO.

If the filters created their on additions on the page url then it would significantly increase your Google ranking and traffic. At the moment the filters will be indexed by Google and give you loads of duplicate content for the same category url.

I have worked with the guys at Cart on Steroids to modify their filters to give the perfect set of seo urls.

Power Filters from ********* gave us thousands of long tail links for virtual categories that we added virtual SEO and meta data to which increased our Google traffic significantly but the urls weren't great. I know the new version just out has fixed that issue but I was already on a journey with Clever Filters.

When I have finished I will have thousands of virtual categories with SEO and Meta data and perfect SEO urls to those categories which will get indexed by Google.

If this was done to X-carts version then it would be worth looking at but at the moment it is nothing new to the market. It does nothing that any of the other filters out there can already do.
Dedicated SSL

Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 AM

X-Man

I do recommend these features for next versions:

- WEIGHT. This is an important field that could be used to create automatically a filter. Please take in consideration Enable/Disable for it in module configuration.

- NEW ARRIVALS. I got a notification you improved X-Notifications according to my requests. One is Mark as NEW from time to time. Please use this new field for creating a filter named NEW ARRIVALS.

- There is an option in module configuration [Show filters classes info at product details]. As it is now it is applying to all products. We have to control every product showing. I recommend when you assign a class to a product, to have a check box also Enable/Disable [Show filter classes info in product details]. This should be related to module configuration. If in module settings it is enabled, to have it enabled in product management filter class. If disabled in module settings, disable in product management too.

>> If you allow me, this module is very promising and I do recommend it. If the team will continue its work to get it in the best shape, XC will have one of the best filtering module on the market comparing with other carts. Just look who primitive is filtering in Magento comparing with Refine Filters.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM

X-Adept

Quote:

- WEIGHT. This is an important field that could be used to create automatically a filter. Please take in consideration Enable/Disable for it in module configuration.

- NEW ARRIVALS. I got a notification you improved X-Notifications according to my requests. One is Mark as NEW from time to time. Please use this new field for creating a filter named NEW ARRIVALS.

- There is an option in module configuration [Show filters classes info at product details]. As it is now it is applying to all products. We have to control every product showing. I recommend when you assign a class to a product, to have a check box also Enable/Disable [Show filter classes info in product details]. This should be related to module configuration. If in module settings it is enabled, to have it enabled in product management filter class. If disabled in module settings, disable in product management too.

>> If you allow me, this module is very promising and I do recommend it. If the team will continue its work to get it in the best shape, XC will have one of the best filtering module on the market comparing with other carts. Just look who primitive is filtering in Magento comparing with Refine Filters.

But there is no thought about adding SEO urls so it has a long way to go to be any good.
Dedicated SSL

Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrisk
One thing no one has thought about is duplicate content in Google and the affect on your SEO.

If the filters created their on additions on the page url then it would significantly increase your Google ranking and traffic. At the moment the filters will be indexed by Google and give you loads of duplicate content for the same category url.

I have worked with the guys at Cart on Steroids to modify their filters to give the perfect set of seo urls.

Power Filters from ********* gave us thousands of long tail links for virtual categories that we added virtual SEO and meta data to which increased our Google traffic significantly but the urls weren't great. I know the new version just out has fixed that issue but I was already on a journey with Clever Filters.

When I have finished I will have thousands of virtual categories with SEO and Meta data and perfect SEO urls to those categories which will get indexed by Google.

If this was done to X-carts version then it would be worth looking at but at the moment it is nothing new to the market. It does nothing that any of the other filters out there can already do.

Thank you for pointing this out, philrisk. Although, we have already planned implementing SEO URLs for Refine Filters, your experience in this field may help us to create even greater product. So if you wish to take part in creation of an ultimate filtering facility for X-Cart and improving the whole platform, feel free to write your thoughts to vladimir.gritsenko@x-cart.com

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Thank you for pointing this out, philrisk. Although, we have already planned implementing SEO URLs for Refine Filters, your experience in this field may help us to create even greater product. So if you wish to take part in creation of an ultimate filtering facility for X-Cart and improving the whole platform, feel free to write your thoughts to vladimir.gritsenko@x-cart.com

Thank you in advance.

Hi Vladimar.

That would be good. I have done a lot of development on this with Clever Filtres and our SEO company to get it just right. I will drop you an email of what we have done.

Cheers
Phil
Dedicated SSL

Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 AM

X-Cart team

Hi ADDISON,

Thank you for ideas.

Quote:

- WEIGHT. This is an important field that could be used to create automatically a filter. Please take in consideration
Enable/Disable for it in module configuration.

Planned for future releases.

Quote:

There are some difficulties with this but we understand that it's necessary so planned to think on it.

Quote:

I am not sure it's needed on a per-product basis. Please could you describe a real use case?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements