Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I am fascinated by abandoned cart emails however I'm also terrified that these emails will scare away my best customers.

Amazon sends abandoned cart emails to me every now and then, but not for every item that I abandon and not all the time. I have not been able to figure out Amazon's formula for sending the abandoned cart emails.

Obviously if we do not have the customer's email address then this is not going to work. But if a customer logs out does the cookie still tell the cart who the customer is? I already have the remember abandoned carts mod from Website CM and I have WCM's remember me mod. I wonder how the WebsiteCM remember anon carts mod will interact with this new mod? Jon?

I am also doing remarketing with AdWords, and that is already creepy to some customers. "How do ads for xxxxxx show up when i'm reading websites unrelated to your company or products? And your ads follow me around!??? How do you know what sites to advertise on so they always appear wherever I am surfing?" -- I received this email from a good customer! I need to exclude customers with recent conversions from the remarketing list!

The language that is used for this is CRUCIAL to working as intended vs. destroying goodwill. I am not sure this is right for my customers.

I know some merchants want this mod, but I really would like to see real-world success stories -- many marketing bloggers say DO NOT DO THIS. I'm on the fence.

I understand your concerns and we took them into consideration as well before developing the module.

First of all you can switch between automatic and manual mode. Thus, you can send as many emails as you want and at any time you want. Moreover, you can choose customers to send these notifications to. It's not necessarily all customers.

What is more important, we've got a success story from Roger Martin at stand-out.net, our long time customer. He has been using Abandoned Cart Reminder, custom-developed though, for a considerable period of time.

We had a short interview with Roger before developing the module and you can read it in our official module release post here:

http://www.x-cart.com/blog/refinefilters-cartreminder-cloudbackup.html

As far as I know Roger is a member of this forum. Probably he will also share his experience here.

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (02-03-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 AM

X-Cart team

Please also watch this the Abandoned Cart Reminder video tutorial we made for you:

Video tutorial

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
tartaglia (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
Is there anyway we can play with an admin demo of the filter module?

You do not include enough screen shots of this.

Here is the module announcement with demo links!

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65987

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
tartaglia (01-30-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 AM

Advanced Member

Easy question about the Abandoned Cart module. Where do I go to edit the following variables:

eml_abcr_notification_message
eml_abcr_notification_without_coupon_message
eml_abcr_visit_us

Thanks,
Montie
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
Easy question about the Abandoned Cart module. Where do I go to edit the following variables:

eml_abcr_notification_message
eml_abcr_notification_without_coupon_message
eml_abcr_visit_us

Thanks,
Montie

As all other language variables they can be modified on the Languages page in admin area:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Customizing_Text_Labels
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply.

Another question..... at what point is abandoned cart considered abandoned by the module? After they view the cart? Start the check out process?
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
Thanks for the reply.

Another question..... at what point is abandoned cart considered abandoned by the module? After they view the cart? Start the check out process?

As soon as a customer enters his/her email address and put items into the shopping cart the cart is registered as abandoned. If the customer finalize the checkout process the cart is removed from abandoned, otherwise it remains in the list and you can follow them up.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:19 AM

X-Cart team

Hi, folks!

Please check the useful and informative post by Ksenia in our blog:

http://www.x-cart.com/blog/Abandoned_carts.html

Moreover, due to the fact that high shipping cost is in a top list of abandoning reasons:

https://www.listrak.com/solutions/Reasons-for-Cart-Abandonment.aspx
http://www.marketingexperiments.com/blog/research-topics/ecommerce/recover-shopping-cart-abandonment.html

we improved the module and added "Free shipping" discount coupon to it. Now store admin can send free shipping coupons along with absolute and percent discounts.

If you've already installed the module and want to implement "free shipping" into it you can either re-install the module or apply a patch attached to this message - abcr_free_coupon.zip

There are two files: DIFF and SQL.

For more info on how to apply patches please refer to:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Applying_Patches

Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Attached Files
File Type: zip abcr_free_coupon.zip (2.3 KB, 5 views)

The following 4 users thank rocky for this useful post:
ADDISON (03-14-2013), cflsystems (03-14-2013), qualiteam (03-14-2013), tony_sologubov (03-14-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 AM

X-Cart team

Hi, folks!

We are currently contemplating an idea of developing Abandoned Cart Reminder module for Pro/Platinum versions.

Why it's not ready yet: our main concern is that as usual in real stores admin is not allowed to give discounts on behalf of providers and consequently if there are 100 products from 100 different providers in one abandoned order he should contact them all and ask for permission of giving a discount for this of that product. Not convenient at all, unfortunately.

Possible solution:

1. A customer places 10 items from 10 different providers.
2. Each provider has his own private abandoned cart area
3. Only products of this provider are shown, thus informing the him that a customer intended to purchase a product of this provider.
4. Provider can send email notification with a discount coupon and a link to restore the shopping cart content.
5. As soon as the link is clicked only products of this provider will be restored and a corresponding coupon applied (issued by this exact provider)
7. As a result a customer can place a new order which includes products from one provider only with a discount.
8. Similar steps can be performed by the rest 9 providers if necessary.

I'd appreciate if you share your ideas and expectation of how it should work in your opinion.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM

hi i really like your mod my concern is it does not ask for the email until it is to late i have noticed many big business

have starting asking for the email 1 stage before it adds a stage to the checkout but you will have to decide if it worth it

most have a few boxes saying login, create account and guest checkout which ever option you pick it asks for email first

The following user thanks 7thdesire for this useful post:
rocky (04-08-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements