Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 AM

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
I would like to install it on my localhost. Can your software work with a localhost?

No you can't install it on localhost since the site should be available from the internet to be indexed by our server.
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 AM

X-Man

I installed the trial version on my localhost then I did an uninstall. Everything went fine.

Now in frontend I get a JavaScript window with the following message: CloudSearch was not installed correctly. Please re-install CloudSearch.

Normally after uninstall this should not be happening.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
I installed the trial version on my localhost then I did an uninstall. Everything went fine.

Now in frontend I get a JavaScript window with the following message: CloudSearch was not installed correctly. Please re-install CloudSearch.

Normally after uninstall this should not be happening.

Thank you for submitting that. The fix will be included in next version of the module. For now you can just disable the module in the admin area.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 AM

We would like to announce that the prices for using CloudSearch have been lowered! You can find all the info at http://www.x-cart.com/cloud-search.html
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 AM

X-Cart team

Even more, we do not just make our prices lower, we also improved the plans and extended the level of available product on Silver and Gold plans. Review it here: http://www.x-cart.com/cloud-search.html

ADDISON, really thank for your review

The following user thanks xim for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 AM

X-Man

What happens when we do a quick search for: mam binary? There is a product called Binary Mom. Mam is not Mom. In such of situations the software should show some alternatives. In this moment CS cannot give any alternative for mam binary.

A very important part of this feature is accuracy. For example searching for "aple" should direct as suggestion to "apple". There are lots of instant search modules for other shopping carts which can deal with syntax errors. You can associate in the back end words for them like apple = aple. As I see CS cannot deal with it.

In a week I hope to provide you a full report about the instant search feature after testing a lot of the solutions I found on the internet, different shopping carts. If we have to pay for a service or for a module I would like to be one of the best.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 AM

X-Man

Another two marketing advices:

I hope you could take in consideration to give a reward as a discount for CloudSearch to those who also host their shopping carts on QT webservers.

This service in the next versions of XC could be offered for free, maybe for a limited number of products and paid for exceeding this limit. Being a free service you can increase the amount paid for a license.

Anyway for the moment I am glad you are listening the community comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
Even more, we do not just make our prices lower, we also improved the plans and extended the level of available product on Silver and Gold plans. Review it here: http://www.x-cart.com/cloud-search.html

ADDISON, really thank for your review

Old 09-05-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
What happens when we do a quick search for: mam binary? There is a product called Binary Mom. Mam is not Mom. In such of situations the software should show some alternatives. In this moment CS cannot give any alternative for mam binary.

A very important part of this feature is accuracy. For example searching for "aple" should direct as suggestion to "apple". There are lots of instant search modules for other shopping carts which can deal with syntax errors. You can associate in the back end words for them like apple = aple. As I see CS cannot deal with it.

Our automatic spelling corrector gives quite good results most of the time but of course it can't be as smart as a human, just because it's automatic (especially when dealing with short words). Thank you for your suggestion, I think a feature to manage a custom list of spelling correction rules is a great idea to include in the next version of module

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 AM

X-Man

@NikitaP - think about XC is a multi-language shopping cart. I saw some solutions coming with a list for English. This is not good for those who don't use shopping carts for English language. Because you have a SaaS service, a shared/common custom list of spelling corrections between users should be evaluated being taken in consideration. Or you can have a list for every language avoiding any confusion.

I will report this in my article about instant search too. And it is not the only improvement.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 AM

Just installed it on a 4.5.0 site, installation was successful, but there were no difference when i perform a search.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements