Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-14-2012, 05:23 AM

X-Cart team

Default CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

We are glad to announce our new service “CloudSearch”.

Enterprise-class search capabilities such as autosuggest and spelling correction provide a real boost to search conversion rates. CloudSearch offers you full support for these features without need to purchase a dedicated server ($100+/mo) and installation of any special software ($500+)
Unleash the power of enterprise-class search technologies even when on shared hosting plans!

Here are some key features:

Search as you type
Search results are presented instantly, before the user is even done typing.

Search hit highlighting
Search results show the exact portions of text where the word or phrase matching the search query occurs, with the words matching the query emphasized by background highlighting.

Real-time suggestions
The user can stop short of typing the entire word or phrase at any moment and just choose one of the suggested options.

Automatic spelling corrections
Even if a word has been misspelled, the customer can still find the product by using a closely related option from the presented list.

Relevant search results
Based on Apache Solr, the industry leading open source enterprise search platform, CloudSearch recognizes word forms and provides other advanced full-text search capabilities.

Amazingly fast
The CloudSearch widget in your store interacts directly with our cloud without increasing load on your server.

SaaS architecture
High performance and feature updates are available automatically without the need to upgrade your client software.

Sleek Ajax GUI widget.
CSS-based layout that can be tweaked to fit any design.

Compatible with major browsers
Internet Explorer 7 or later, Chrome, Safari (including iOS), Firefox.

Subscription-based plans.

30-day free trial period.

Please try our demo at https://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/demo/

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by mouse : 07-20-2020 at 05:41 AM.

The following 4 users thank kuzma for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-14-2012), ambal (08-23-2012), Ene (08-15-2012), qualiteam (08-14-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Carters! Try to use 1-month trial right now:

download kit: http://cloudsearch.x-cart.com/static/cloudsearch-xcart-4.4.x-4.5.x.tgz
manual: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:CloudSearch

We look forward to get any feedback or comments

The following 2 users thank xim for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-14-2012), qualiteam (08-16-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 PM

X-Man

Great job!

1) Your success in selling depends on price. An instant/quick search solution costs maximum 200 Euro to 3rd parties developers. As a suggestion you can give some special offers to those who host XC on your servers. In my opinion hosting is a little bit expensive.

2) What fields inside the DB uses this solution to provide results? As I see it is product name and product description.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 08-14-2012, 11:40 PM

ADDISON

Thanks for your interest!

1) The main difference between generic 3rd party developers' quick/instant search and our solution is that we're not limited in the technologies we use. Among others, we use enterprise-class search library and server (Apache Lucene and Solr) which give both great speed and accuracy (in contrast to traditional php/mysql-based search engines). We provide this quality for a decent monthly fee which is not comparable to costs that may be involved in building and deploying some similar solution from scratch.

2) Yes, product title field and both descriptions are used in the current version.
Qualiteam Software Limited.

The following 2 users thank NikitaP for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-15-2012), Ene (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 AM

X-Man

Could this be expanded searching in Extra Fields or Product Options? Let me give you an example, I am looking for a tent in red color, I will search for words tent red. The word tent could be found in product description or product title, but what about red? What I am suggesting is accuracy.

Let's say I am looking for a manufacturer and shoe, typing adidas shoe. Based on product title and description the accuracy will not provide good results, except I am creating this from the very beginning when adding the product. So, some rules must be applied.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Could this be expanded searching in Extra Fields or Product Options? Let me give you an example, I am looking for a tent in red color, I will search for words tent red. The word tent could be found in product description or product title, but what about red? What I am suggesting is accuracy.

Let's say I am looking for a manufacturer and shoe, typing adidas shoe. Based on product title and description the accuracy will not provide good results, except I am creating this from the very beginning when adding the product. So, some rules must be applied.

Yes, these features are in our development plan.
By the way, have you tried CloudSearch on your store?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 PM

X-Man

The power of such of feature stands in accuracy and different searching scenarios. Also how it advices the customer or showing the best results.

I will try CloudSearch with XC 4.5.2. As behavior it seems to be the same like Instant Search for LC3.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
As behavior it seems to be the same like Instant Search for LC3.

Instant Search for LC3 will be replaced by CloudSearch module in the near future as the latter provides much more features.

The following 2 users thank NikitaP for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-16-2012), qualiteam (08-16-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 AM

We are pleased to announce that CloudSearch extended the way it indexes and searches your data. Now when it searches for products it takes into account categories, manufacturers, product options and extra fields.

You can download free 30-day trial here
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 AM

X-Man

Based on your demo, can I use CloudSearch to get the right product searching for "shirt storm blue"? Normally it should generate one result Binary Mom, storm blue is one of the color.

The product is great but a little bit expensive per month fee when having more than 5000 products. Hosting also is expensive comparing with others. You should think to some offers to be more competitive.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements