Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.4.5 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.5 released

Hi All, I see one of the fixes in 4.4.5 is :

08 Nov 2011, aim - Bug ( 0115237 ): X-Cart fails to reconnect to MySQL server properly. Fixed.

I have tried d to find this in Bug Tracker searching with 0115237 with no luck. Any ideas where I can find more info and hopefully a patch. I think our 4.4.4 store may be effected by it.

Cheers
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 AM

Veteran

Unfortunatelly the bug tracker numbers have nothing to do with the bug numbers in the change logs. It's like 2 completelly different companies work there and each one has its own system. You have to ask QT directly via your Help Desk
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Inventory update bug - inventory update will not update any variants as the search for them results in only one variant id returned.

Open /provider/inv_update.php and find

Code:
if (!empty($active_modules['Product_Options'])) { $vid = func_query_first_cell("SELECT $sql_tbl[variants].variantid FROM $sql_tbl[variants], $sql_tbl[products] WHERE $sql_tbl[variants].productid = $sql_tbl[products].productid AND ($sql_tbl[variants].productcode='$columns[0]' OR $sql_tbl[variants].variantid = '$columns[0]') ".$provider_condition); }

replace with
Code:
if (!empty($active_modules['Product_Options'])) { $vid = func_query_first_cell("SELECT $sql_tbl[variants].variantid FROM $sql_tbl[variants], $sql_tbl[products] WHERE $sql_tbl[variants].productid = $sql_tbl[products].productid AND ($sql_tbl[variants].productcode='$columns[0]' OR BINARY $sql_tbl[variants].variantid = '$columns[0]') ".$provider_condition); }
I have tried this manual patch and it is NOT working. I place orders for products in a variant chart and the inventory does not get updated.

Please advise how this can be fixed as 50% of our products are in variant charts.
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
marc@naturalbathandbodyshop.com
www.naturalbathandbodyshop.com

Mod Newbie
X-cart 4.4.5 - Now Live !!! Hurray!
X-cart 4.2.1 - Delicae Gourmet
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Veteran

This has nothing to do with orders. It is for updating products prices via admin inventory update link. Also it is for 4.4.5 not for 4.1.x or 4.2.x
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
This has nothing to do with orders. It is for updating products prices via admin inventory update link. Also it is for 4.4.5 not for 4.1.x or 4.2.x
Your post states 'Inventory update bug - inventory update will not update any variants as the search for them results in only one variant id returned.'

This is a bug I am experiencing on my 4.4.5 test platform (which I hope to go live with in a few days). I have easily recreated the bug and when making a test purchase the inventory levels of a product in a variant chart does NOT get updated.

I tried your fix and it didn't fix it.

Am I missing something?
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
marc@naturalbathandbodyshop.com
www.naturalbathandbodyshop.com

Mod Newbie
X-cart 4.4.5 - Now Live !!! Hurray!
X-cart 4.2.1 - Delicae Gourmet
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Veteran

Yes you are missing something. This is for updating products quantity or pricing using csv file via "inventory update" link in admin. It is not related to orders at all. it does not apply to front end of the store either.
Is it posible what you experience to bve related to some 3rd party mod? Do you have any 3rd party mods for variants like bcse variants mod for example?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements