X-Cart v4.4.2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
Guys, did you all install 4.4.2 on a Windows-based machine?

I was able to replicate the problem with 4.4.2 installed on my Windows-based machine: skin did not load when browsing the cart with Opera 11 and FireFox 3.6.13 (however, when browsing with IE8 the skin worked fine for me).

When 4.4.2 is being installed on a Unix/Linux-based server, the skin preview is OK, as well as the skin loads fine after the installation is done, in all the browsers mentioned.

Our maintenance team is investigating the problem at the moment, we will update you as soon as proper results are achieved.

We are sorry for possible inconvenience caused and thank you all!

This issue has been fixed. Updated X-cart 4.4.2 distribution kits are available in the "File Area" section in your personal Helpdesk area.
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 AM

X-Man

I can confirm the installation went fine. Time to see v4.4.2 in action.

Too bad you removed with this version the feature to create the database in case there wasn't one created.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 AM

X-Wizard

I installed it on a Linux machine this morning and installation was fine ...

However, after installing ... I wanted to remove all the sample products/categories from the store which is doesn't complete ... I just get a message "Deleting category products:" and nothing after that ...
Anyone else having this issue?
MySQL 5.6.37
CentOS 7.4

Chamber Internet
- Lancashire, United Kingdom
http://www.chamberelancs.co.uk
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 AM

Has anyone tried enabling the Fly-Out menu? When I enable the module in the admin, the categories on the customer side disappears.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
Guys, did you all install 4.4.2 on a Windows-based machine?

No, Linux machine and using IE8 so it was a bug. I see in the next post you say it's fixed.

I still see system messages show at the top right corner. I though you guy will fix this to show in the middle of the screen with close button. It is almost invisible now.

Flyout works fine. But what I would like to see (also asked a million times) - do not show empty categories in the menu. Have a setting in admin to show them or not. Right now you have "deprecate" setting which doesn't help much.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 AM

X-Man

I am wondering what we suggest is listening by QT? I am very disappointed with that small thing about creation of the DB at installation.

I agree you about position of messages. Now these messages appear just at the right top. No border, no transparency. Just ugly messages.

I suggested basic features - discussed many years in this forum. QT always said to place in their ideas website all I want. If there are votes, they will implement. I would like to ask thumbnails from variant images is not a basic feature? not showing a category if there are no products inside? And many, many other things I am seeing at competition. Like many others from here I am doing a favor spending time and finding ideas and solutions. There is no doubt why more and more are leaving this platform.

I offered my ideas for XC5, in ideas website, directly to QT. Their decision about "it will be no features added in v4.4" is completely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
No, Linux machine and using IE8 so it was a bug. I see in the next post you say it's fixed.

I still see system messages show at the top right corner. I though you guy will fix this to show in the middle of the screen with close button. It is almost invisible now.

Flyout works fine. But what I would like to see (also asked a million times) - do not show empty categories in the menu. Have a setting in admin to show them or not. Right now you have "deprecate" setting which doesn't help much.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 AM

X-Cart team

Just want Everyone to understand - minor version updates like 4.4.2 doesn't include new features, they are to be included in next major version update like 4.5 or 5.0 (just a sample of what "next major version is").

4.4.2 is a bug-fix version
X-Payments product manager
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Veteran

I do understand this Alex but see my posts above - bugs were reported in 4.4.1 and NOT fixed in 4.4.2. And these bugs were not reported at the last moment so....
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 AM

X-Man

With 530 threads in bugtracker I expected to see a long changelog. Plus I am pretty sure the engineers found more bugs than those reported by us. Maybe they have their own way. If bugs were reported, solved and not found in final release this is not OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I do understand this Alex but see my posts above - bugs were reported in 4.4.1 and NOT fixed in 4.4.2. And these bugs were not reported at the last moment so....

Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Advanced Member

So at this point there is no way to upgrade an existing store that is running and was just upgraded to 4.4.1..... to 4.4.2?

We just did a major upgrade from 4.1.10 to 4.4.1 and the shipping address/zip code issue is a big problem... we have hundreds of orders each day and this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Does anyone know if we can use a fresh install of all the 4.4.2 files and use our existing database from 4.4.1?

Or is there changes to the database that need to be done as well? which I assume is the case.

If not can anyone help us resolve the shipping issue alone? is there a patch or fix we can apply manually until the upgrade pack is done?

Also why wait a week to make the upgrade pack available? I'm sure there are other users out there shipping orders to the wrong location as we almost did?

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements