Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.4 beta testing

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-03-2010, 02:21 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.4 beta testing

Dear Support,

Is there a plan for upgrade patches/path from 4.4 beta to final/stable version ?

Any help appreciated.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:15 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1deano
anyone one else have errors when using web master mode i keep getting this error -

Cannot read file: please check the read permissions.

All permissions were fine on install, just thought id ask first before reporting as a bug.....thanks

Make sure files in skin1 have read/write permissions for the user running the cart. If not sure you can ask your host. It could be a bug as well
Old 07-03-2010, 06:15 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyo
Dear Support,

Is there a plan for upgrade patches/path from 4.4 beta to final/stable version ?

Any help appreciated.

No, they don't do this.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:55 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1deano
anyone one else have errors when using web master mode i keep getting this error -

Cannot read file: please check the read permissions.

All permissions were fine on install, just thought id ask first before reporting as a bug.....thanks

Ive just gone to check the skin1 permissions and there isn't skin1 like the other x-carts, there is skin or skin1_tmp

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM

X-Cart team

> Is there a plan for upgrade patches/path from 4.4 beta to final/stable version ?

No, there are no such plans. We have never and will not release upgrade packs for beta4final version conversion. Betas are for trying out and testing only.
X-Payments product manager
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Display CVV2 input box on the registration form and at the last stage of checkout if Manual CC processing is used (this also requires $store_cvv2=true, see manual for details)

^^ is on by default.. isn't this now a big no no?

I filed a bug report...

Can anyone enlighten me on what a product class is? I see no mention in any documentation. What are they used for and how can they benefit a shop owner
Old 07-05-2010, 11:52 AM

X-Wizard

You guys really need to start implementing use of MySQLi (either as the default native or have it in use if the extension is available). Use of the deprecated and no longer supported mysql extension is not recommended for MySQL 4.1 or greater installs. It has a procedural layer so it wouldn't be that hard to implement, I did it for our old site before we ported over to PostgreSQL for scaling reasons.

The following user thanks exsecror for this useful post:
photo (07-05-2010)
Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
Can anyone enlighten me on what a product class is? I see no mention in any documentation. What are they used for and how can they benefit a shop owner

It's related to product comparation module I think
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Veteran

So I installed the beta. No problems with the installation at all. A lot of admin is the same, just different interface and a way to display it. But I also see a lot of improvement. I hope store front speed is improved. Ajax checkout page is a nice upgrade and I don;t think it will look too bad with X-Payments (2 page checkout with compliance is still better then what we have right now). I did not have the chance to test it yet but having Quantum Gateway iFrame integrated by default is a huge plus for me (I use that gateway). I don't know if I will be using it or when but it's still a big deal right now. Didn't see X-Payments listed (X-Connector is not in as a module) - I guess is not included in the beta. CSS is still a problem for QT I think. main.css is almost 70K. And again the use of floats and 200% widths for the main area. Isn't there a better way to make it work? So again we will have to do a lot of modifications to the css file. The buttons are still the same nightmare. Flyout menus didn't work - the second level goes underneath the other info on the page (IE). File structure has been changed - I hope for good. XML site map worked pretty good. There are a lot more modules now included by default - I like that. Almost looks like QT is trying to get rid of all the modules as a separate software and have them included in xcart by default. This may lead to price increase in the future with v5 but we will be getting more for the money. That's about it for now.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 PM

Advanced Member

One of the first things we noticed was that X-Cart 4.4's 3-columns default front page has 27 javascript files loaded and 30 css files. While most sites are trying to speed up to improve their search engine performance these added http requests are a step in the wrong direction. http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html

The new admin area is nice and I though the html code snippet generation for products was cool.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements