Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.4 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.4 released

Not live, yet. But planned on going live with it and haven't noticed any major issues while testing with our products and such over the last 2 months. My site is under development right now, and before we begin the heavy customization I'd love to be on the latest possible version, especially because this update actually has a few very nice features that I was looking forward to - the form protection, UPS shipping labels, and possibly Google Checkout if there is a demand for it.

I'm just hoping v4.1.5 hits soon - either that, or I start seeing some posts that the fixes needed to make v4.1.4 operate up to par are easy to implement.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan501
I would expect 4.1.5 to come real soon! No they haven't been that bad from my experience.
That's why I posted that question. Most releases, though they don't recommend it, could be ran in the real world. It was odd to see so many post so fast on 4.1.4. It got my attention.

Starwest, are you running 4.1.3 live?

I think the problem may be that many of us (especially newer users) are assuming that 4.1.3+ is the current and therefore preferred branch. Especially since the 4.1 branch is being used for the X-Cart demo and the 4.0 branch the will not (as far as I know) work on my server due to MySQL 5.0, etc. For me to have completed 2 projects using the 4.1 branch and then have people saying "my God, your not actually USING that one are you?" when I've heard everything but that from X-cart is frankly a little disturbing.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:09 AM

Advanced Member

I read a lot of the 4.1.3 post and felt comfortable using that in the real world for some reason. I have a new site I want to develop and I love the features in 4.1.x. As long as problems are on the admin side and not on the customer side I have no problem running 4.1.3. After all, we make our money from the customer's experience on our sites.

I don't want to develop this new site on 4.0.19 then have to upgrade. NOT fun! I have one on an older branch that's mod'd and to upgrade will be a pain in the butt!
Easy CheckOut
ezUpsell
Multiple Upselling Links
Order Management Made Easy
Old 12-11-2006, 10:40 AM

eXpert

I think one of the reasons some files which were untouched but non-upgradeable were because of the way it was uploaded or handled. Something like the way a tab or end-line is represented on different OS. At least that was something I ran into on other upgrades.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM

Advanced Member

Holy crap 4.1.4 is the devil. LMAO!
Easy CheckOut
ezUpsell
Multiple Upselling Links
Old 12-11-2006, 01:11 PM

Advanced Member

I done a fresh install of 4.1.4 on a test site and came accross a problem when adding products in admin.

There is a yellow warning triangle in the bottom left of the screen telling me the page has loaded but has errors and found the WYSIWYG editor does not work.

Anyone else having this on a fresh install
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 PM

Advanced Member

My fresh install went nuts and wouldn't work properly. Including no setting cookies properly. I am going to play with that thing some more this evening to see if I can debug some of it.
Easy CheckOut
ezUpsell
Multiple Upselling Links
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 PM

eXpert

I am testing fresh installs of both 4.1.3 and 4.1.4

On 4.1.4 anonymous checkout is not allowed. On 4.1.3 it is allowed if checked.

Neither version can import products from the 4.0 branch

I am using both 4.1 versions on Firefox without browser problems. I find no login issues on either version, as far as reported delays.

The anonymous checkout is important ... anyone know how to fix?

[p.s. Using SQL5 on the 4.1 branch, sql4 on 4.0.18]

[EDIT: Nevermind ... Anonymous Checkout is disabled when FastLane Checkout is selected. If you unselect FastLane Checkout (and do not deselect Anon Chkout), then Anon Checkout is allowed. So this means that FastLane checkout for some reason disables Anon Checkout.)

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 12-11-2006, 03:28 PM

I think X-Cart put TOO MUCH into this release. It's been over 3 months since 4.1.3 was released. The change log goes on and on and even the 'fixes' and 'improvments' can go bad. Maybe i'm wrong, but I think there should be more frequent releases, especially while things are still unstable.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM

X-Guru

I couldn't agree MORE!

I noticed fixes that x-cart did for me as 4.1.3 bugs, and then they totally re-wrote a file -- so now I have to choose between a file that was buggy, then they made it work perfectly (such as sales tax calculation) - vs. trying out 4.1.4 which may or may not work correctly.

After the login issue, I am afraid to go back to .4 without someone fom x-cart telling us how they plan on making this right.

Too many fixes -- and did anyone notice fixes for the fixes?

OF COURSE this is complicated code... OF COURSE it's hard. OF COURSE we appreciate the work... but in most businesses, customers pay for results, not attempts.

The amount of code difference from .3 to .4 leads me to believe that .3 was a mess -- even though it works (after bug fixes).

I would love to hear from someone who had a store in 4.1.3 that successfully took it to 4.1.4 -- PM me with your URL. I want to login to your store and see if it's as slow as mine was when i tested it out, with your permission.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements